Start by marking “Elektra Lives Again ” as Want to Read:
Elektra Lives Again

Elektra Lives Again (Elektra)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  750 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Frank Miller's run on Daredevil is notable for his introduction of the ninja, assassin Elektra. Even after dying in his arms, Daredevil's nightmares lead him to believe that Elektra may be alive. Miller crafts a story of discovery as DD sets out to find Elektra.
Published October 7th 2002 by Marvel Comics Group (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Elektra Lives Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elektra Lives Again

Federiken Masters
Mar 22, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de Daredevil y de aquel Frank Miller.
Recommended to Federiken by: Todo.
Para arrancar con este tomo tuve que hacer trampa: como no encontré los Daredevil de Frank Miller del 4 en adelante, directamente salté a esta historia ignorando lo que pasa en el medio. Aunque lo básico ya lo sabía: Bullseye mata a Elektra y acá parece que resucita. Y es esto último lo que más me gustó de la obra: aunque el libro se llama "Elektra vive de nuevo", ella no abre la boca en ningún momento, y una lectura más "poética" nos puede dar que en realidad nunca resucita, que toda la histori ...more
Rosa
I gave this book an extra star because of the artwork. While drawing style is not my favorite (everything just feels a little bit too squared off for me), the colors are just phenomenal. You can really see how much effort was put into them and they bring life to drawings that to me feel kind of flat.

Elektra is a character I really want to like, but when I read the books I always feel disappointed for one reason or another. A big part of that with this book is that it's really more Matt Murdock'
Stephen
Feb 24, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing
This was simply magic. I can't even explain how pivotal this book was to retaining adults in comics as a hobby, but I tend to think it had more of an emotional impact than did Dark Knight Returns.

Before Adobe Illustrator, before the internet, before billion dollar video game launches and before CGI movies, we just had guys who loved to draw with a dip pen and guys who loved to write with a typewriter. And if that's really all it takes to make something wonderful like this book happen, I have to
Dmitry Yakovenko
Apr 02, 2016 Dmitry Yakovenko rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
"Elektra Lives Again" – это очередная работа мастера Миллера для Марвел, благодаря которой можно ещё сильнее полюбить Дэрдевила и Электру, хотя Фрэнк и так уже сделал достаточно для этого. Данная графическая новелла является спин-оффом знаменитого рана автора и рассказывает о том, как Электра вернулась с того света.

Однако, вопреки моим ожидания, это история не про девушку в красном, чьё имя вынесено в заголовок, а всё-таки про Мэтта Мёрдока и то, как он справлялся со смертью любимой, как он жил
Tomás
Dec 07, 2014 Tomás rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A este lo leí hace tiempo, pero hoy lo releí y como no lo había calificado nunca bue...acá estoy. Me costó bastante conseguirlo ya que estuvo agotado por mucho tiempo pero explorando por varias comiquerías un tiempo atrás lo vi y encima a un precio bastante barato (irónicamente nunca más lo vi a la venta, así que podría decirse que lo compré en el momento justo).

La historia es bastante surrealista a mi parecer, por momentos no parece un comic de Frank Miller propiamente dicho. La escena de lucha
Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson
Dec 26, 2014 Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson rated it really liked it
Weird, simplistic, and not very straightforward, but that's also its strength. It's got a little ambiguity in there, and raises a few questions here and there. It's an unusual story, very short, and it ends about as abruptly as it begins, and it's bloody as hell.

It dabbles in occult practices as her enemies revive Bullseye in an attempt to bring down Elektra, and Matt Murdock gets himself involved. The artwork is both strange and cool at the same time. There are times when the poses and facial e
Davide Genco
Oct 26, 2015 Davide Genco rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Un Miller nel suo periodo di grazia che saluta i suoi personaggi Marvel con una breve storia magnificamente disegnata (e colorata, dalla grande Lynn Varley).
L'aspetto sicuramente più affascinante di questo doloroso racconto consiste a mio avviso nell'ambiguità con cui l'autore alterna sogno e realtà, senza mai davvero svelare cosa stia realmente accadendo e se tutta la vicenda non sia un'allegoria dell'elaborazione del lutto da parte di Matt Murdock nei confronti della propria amata. Non sempre
Printable Tire
Mar 18, 2013 Printable Tire rated it it was amazing
When I was a kid there was a place near where I lived called the Bookstore Cafe, which was a bookstore and restaurant. I remember sitting on the floor poring over their "comic book" section, which was pretty limited and exclusively of the "adult" and "independent" variety, circa 1990 or so. I remember how weird and expensive everything was but the only things I actually remember looking at now were some issues of 2000 A.D. and this.

I don't think I could read it, or tried to read it, but I rememb
Acton Northrop
Apr 23, 2016 Acton Northrop rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Glad I re-read this one. How did I only give this 3 stars? A great story of loss and mourning and ninjas (of course) taking place between Miller's famous original Daredevil run and Born Again. Beautiful and controlled and so very well designed. Matt Murdock has one sweet apartment and we get to see every inch of it here (and the way Miller and Varley use lighting in it is more thrilling than a thousand fight scenes). No wonder Fisk blowing it up made him insane.
Chris
Jan 21, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it
Gorgeous and haunting. Miller's farewell ode to the fan-favorite character he created is understandably less well-known than his seminal work -- much of the story takes place entirely in Matt Murdock's head, which can be frustrating for some -- but beautiful to behold nonetheless. The oversize format is fitting, as several pages belong in coffee-table art books. The Escher-esque pages and the skillful use of white space in the graveyard fight are particular favorites. Lynn Varley's colors have n ...more
Hamish
Dec 17, 2012 Hamish rated it it was ok
I sort of admire Frank Miller for creating an aesthetic around his artistic shortcomings the way he started to do in the 90s. The layouts and story-telling are, as always, excellent (minus a few confusing action sequences), and his figures and faces are, as always, ridiculous looking. But in the 90s 'ol Frank decided that if he exaggerates that aspect of his art, it'll seem like they intentionally look bad, not because of his actual lack of skill in that area. Lynn Varley's coloring, however, is ...more
Malapata
Jan 04, 2014 Malapata rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Sigo buscando al Frank Miller que me fascinó con Batman: The Dark Knight Returns o Elektra: Assassin, pero todo lo que encuentro son sucedáneos más o menos inspirados. Este es de los segundos. Una historia confusa, que no da para mucho y que se regodea demasiado en la violencia.
Patrick
Jan 16, 2015 Patrick rated it did not like it
That was even more confusing, ugly, and stupid than Elektra: Assassin.
I hate where Frank Miller's words and art are going.
Voss
Jan 09, 2015 Voss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bello, magico, doloroso.
Bellissimi disegni e colori.
Storia bellissima
Timo
Jun 03, 2014 Timo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Miller parhaimmillaan. Piirros osuu kohdalleen, väritys tukee toimintaa ja tarina hyvä. Mahtavuutta.
Kat
May 25, 2015 Kat rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I liked the story. I liked that it was told in the perspective of Daredevil.
Looking at it, it's easy to tell that the artwork is Frank Miller's. He has a very distinct style.
However, I felt that the story didn't really go anywhere. Half the time, Daredevil is dreaming, and when he's not, he is talking about his dreams. You're never entirely sure if Elektra really is alive again or not! It gets a bit confusing here and there. But once Bullseye has been introduced into the story, it gets a little
Glenn Morris
Oct 18, 2012 Glenn Morris rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, frank-miller
Stunning color and artwork in a plus-sized hardcover. I don't regret my first foray into Frank Miller's Daredevil, but I did find the story somewhat empty and unmemorable. In this way, I would say it holds a close relationship with 300 and Hard Boiled. I will reach for those two sooner for a second read but I hate to downplay Elektra Lives Again. This was a superior purchase to the Complete Miller Spider-Man I grabbed on the same day.
Keith Bowden
Sep 27, 2008 Keith Bowden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, art, coffee-table
This gets five stars not for the story (though it was good); I really don't like the character of Elektra and never have. (Never understood why she became so popular in the '80s.)

No, this gets 5 stars for the incredible color work by Lynn Varley. This is the book I pull out for inspiration when I paint, not to replicate anything that Lynn did but just to bathe in the palette and imagination of an extraordinary talent.
Michael
Jun 06, 2012 Michael rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Excellent art and good writing. The story was interesting. It works especially well if you actually know little about Elektra, which if you're reading it you probably don't. However, though I was aware of some details, I was largely ignorant so had to piece together bits as they were given to me. If I had been more knowledgeable, I Believe I would not have enjoyed it as much.
Derek
Sep 04, 2008 Derek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the original Elektra storyline in Daredevil and was looking forward to this original story. However, I was a little disappointed in the story. There was something missing from it that was present in the original issues and I can't put my finger on what it was. Even with that lack of something, it is still worth reading.
Scott Longo
Sep 30, 2012 Scott Longo rated it really liked it
As comics, this book is beautiful. Art, layouts (when Miller was young, and dangerous, and not Laughably wrong, and relevant). In terms of content it's psychotic in the worst way... and passionate. It's craft and art. Lynn Varley comes through /w an incredible coloring job -- huge highlight, if not the highlight.
Alex
Jul 09, 2012 Alex rated it did not like it
Deeply disappointed. Weak story, abrupt climax and all in all cheesy. I thought the dialogues were tedious for the most part and the art was overpronounced - at least, if you're going to draw out a mute fight for so many pages at a time, make the panels more powerful, more interesting to look at.
Adam Fleming
Feb 22, 2012 Adam Fleming rated it did not like it
Don't read this one. Read "The Elektra Saga". The art in this is terrible and you'll never actually figure out what's going on. But Elektra does get naked in one part and when you're 13 that's pretty cool. Parents missed that one - ha!
Aurora
Jun 10, 2008 Aurora rated it liked it
Well, I have pretty much no idea what was really going on here. But it sure was pretty. I wonder to what extent they fiddled with the art for this giant fancy edition.
Tracey Sinclair
Apr 12, 2012 Tracey Sinclair rated it really liked it
Stunning artwork, compelling - although brutal story. I love Elektra and thought this was a very enjoyable take on her story.
Craig
Mar 27, 2013 Craig rated it it was amazing
The writing is occasionally a touch over-wrought but the artwork is extraordinarily beautiful, particularly Varley's colours.
Hugh
Mar 07, 2009 Hugh rated it really liked it
I really liked this. The artwork is amazing and the story is pretty good. How can satanic ninjas not be cool?
Florin Pitea
Jun 08, 2013 Florin Pitea rated it liked it
I read this one back in the mid-nineties. I prefer "Elektra Assassin" from the same series.
Rawle
Aug 17, 2011 Rawle rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The art and story are spectacular! One of frank Miller's best works.
Mikael Kuoppala
May 27, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
A dark, beautifully intense and touching piece of comicbook art.
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 6: Lanterns for the Dead
  • Miracleman, Book Three: Olympus
  • StormWatch, Vol. 5: Final Orbit
  • The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 3
  • Watching the Watchmen: The Definitive Companion to the Ultimate Graphic Novel
  • The Dead Boy Detectives
Frank Miller is an American writer, artist and film director best known for his film noir-style comic book stories. He is one of the most widely-recognized and popular creators in comics, and is one of the most influential comics creators of his generation. His most notable works include Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One and 300.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the
More about Frank Miller...

Elektra (5 books)