Start by marking “Elektra Lives Again ” as Want to Read:
Elektra Lives Again

Elektra Lives Again (Elektra)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Frank Miller's run on Daredevil is notable for his introduction of the ninja, assassin Elektra. Even after dying in his arms, Daredevil's nightmares lead him to believe that Elektra may be alive. Miller crafts a story of discovery as DD sets out to find Elektra.
Published October 7th 2002 by Marvel Comics Group (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Elektra Lives Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elektra Lives Again

Federiken Masters
Mar 22, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de Daredevil y de aquel Frank Miller.
Recommended to Federiken by: Todo.
Para arrancar con este tomo tuve que hacer trampa: como no encontré los Daredevil de Frank Miller del 4 en adelante, directamente salté a esta historia ignorando lo que pasa en el medio. Aunque lo básico ya lo sabía: Bullseye mata a Elektra y acá parece que resucita. Y es esto último lo que más me gustó de la obra: aunque el libro se llama "Elektra vive de nuevo", ella no abre la boca en ningún momento, y una lectura más "poética" nos puede dar que en realidad nunca resucita, que toda la histori ...more
Stephen
This was simply magic. I can't even explain how pivotal this book was to retaining adults in comics as a hobby, but I tend to think it had more of an emotional impact than did Dark Knight Returns.

Before Adobe Illustrator, before the internet, before billion dollar video game launches and before CGI movies, we just had guys who loved to draw with a dip pen and guys who loved to write with a typewriter. And if that's really all it takes to make something wonderful like this book happen, I have to
Tomás
A este lo leí hace tiempo, pero hoy lo releí y como no lo había calificado nunca bue...acá estoy. Me costó bastante conseguirlo ya que estuvo agotado por mucho tiempo pero explorando por varias comiquerías un tiempo atrás lo vi y encima a un precio bastante barato (irónicamente nunca más lo vi a la venta, así que podría decirse que lo compré en el momento justo).

La historia es bastante surrealista a mi parecer, por momentos no parece un comic de Frank Miller propiamente dicho. La escena de lucha
Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson
Weird, simplistic, and not very straightforward, but that's also its strength. It's got a little ambiguity in there, and raises a few questions here and there. It's an unusual story, very short, and it ends about as abruptly as it begins, and it's bloody as hell.

It dabbles in occult practices as her enemies revive Bullseye in an attempt to bring down Elektra, and Matt Murdock gets himself involved. The artwork is both strange and cool at the same time. There are times when the poses and facial e
Printable Tire
When I was a kid there was a place near where I lived called the Bookstore Cafe, which was a bookstore and restaurant. I remember sitting on the floor poring over their "comic book" section, which was pretty limited and exclusively of the "adult" and "independent" variety, circa 1990 or so. I remember how weird and expensive everything was but the only things I actually remember looking at now were some issues of 2000 A.D. and this.

I don't think I could read it, or tried to read it, but I rememb
Chris
Gorgeous and haunting. Miller's farewell ode to the fan-favorite character he created is understandably less well-known than his seminal work -- much of the story takes place entirely in Matt Murdock's head, which can be frustrating for some -- but beautiful to behold nonetheless. The oversize format is fitting, as several pages belong in coffee-table art books. The Escher-esque pages and the skillful use of white space in the graveyard fight are particular favorites. Lynn Varley's colors have n ...more
Rosa
I gave this book an extra star because of the artwork. While drawing style is not my favorite (everything just feels a little bit too squared off for me), the colors are just phenomenal. You can really see how much effort was put into them and they bring life to drawings that to me feel kind of flat.

Elektra is a character I really want to like, but when I read the books I always feel disappointed for one reason or another. A big part of that with this book is that it's really more Matt Murdock'
Hamish
I sort of admire Frank Miller for creating an aesthetic around his artistic shortcomings the way he started to do in the 90s. The layouts and story-telling are, as always, excellent (minus a few confusing action sequences), and his figures and faces are, as always, ridiculous looking. But in the 90s 'ol Frank decided that if he exaggerates that aspect of his art, it'll seem like they intentionally look bad, not because of his actual lack of skill in that area. Lynn Varley's coloring, however, is ...more
Malapata
Sigo buscando al Frank Miller que me fascinó con Batman: The Dark Knight Returns o Elektra: Assassin, pero todo lo que encuentro son sucedáneos más o menos inspirados. Este es de los segundos. Una historia confusa, que no da para mucho y que se regodea demasiado en la violencia.
Patrick
That was even more confusing, ugly, and stupid than Elektra: Assassin.
I hate where Frank Miller's words and art are going.
Voss
Bello, magico, doloroso.
Bellissimi disegni e colori.
Storia bellissima
Timo
Miller parhaimmillaan. Piirros osuu kohdalleen, väritys tukee toimintaa ja tarina hyvä. Mahtavuutta.
Kat
I liked the story. I liked that it was told in the perspective of Daredevil.
Looking at it, it's easy to tell that the artwork is Frank Miller's. He has a very distinct style.
However, I felt that the story didn't really go anywhere. Half the time, Daredevil is dreaming, and when he's not, he is talking about his dreams. You're never entirely sure if Elektra really is alive again or not! It gets a bit confusing here and there. But once Bullseye has been introduced into the story, it gets a little
Glenn Morris
Stunning color and artwork in a plus-sized hardcover. I don't regret my first foray into Frank Miller's Daredevil, but I did find the story somewhat empty and unmemorable. In this way, I would say it holds a close relationship with 300 and Hard Boiled. I will reach for those two sooner for a second read but I hate to downplay Elektra Lives Again. This was a superior purchase to the Complete Miller Spider-Man I grabbed on the same day.
Keith Bowden
This gets five stars not for the story (though it was good); I really don't like the character of Elektra and never have. (Never understood why she became so popular in the '80s.)

No, this gets 5 stars for the incredible color work by Lynn Varley. This is the book I pull out for inspiration when I paint, not to replicate anything that Lynn did but just to bathe in the palette and imagination of an extraordinary talent.
Michael
Excellent art and good writing. The story was interesting. It works especially well if you actually know little about Elektra, which if you're reading it you probably don't. However, though I was aware of some details, I was largely ignorant so had to piece together bits as they were given to me. If I had been more knowledgeable, I Believe I would not have enjoyed it as much.
Derek
I loved the original Elektra storyline in Daredevil and was looking forward to this original story. However, I was a little disappointed in the story. There was something missing from it that was present in the original issues and I can't put my finger on what it was. Even with that lack of something, it is still worth reading.
Scott Longo
As comics, this book is beautiful. Art, layouts (when Miller was young, and dangerous, and not Laughably wrong, and relevant). In terms of content it's psychotic in the worst way... and passionate. It's craft and art. Lynn Varley comes through /w an incredible coloring job -- huge highlight, if not the highlight.
Alex
Deeply disappointed. Weak story, abrupt climax and all in all cheesy. I thought the dialogues were tedious for the most part and the art was overpronounced - at least, if you're going to draw out a mute fight for so many pages at a time, make the panels more powerful, more interesting to look at.
Adam Fleming
Don't read this one. Read "The Elektra Saga". The art in this is terrible and you'll never actually figure out what's going on. But Elektra does get naked in one part and when you're 13 that's pretty cool. Parents missed that one - ha!
Aurora
Well, I have pretty much no idea what was really going on here. But it sure was pretty. I wonder to what extent they fiddled with the art for this giant fancy edition.
Tracey Sinclair
Stunning artwork, compelling - although brutal story. I love Elektra and thought this was a very enjoyable take on her story.
Craig
The writing is occasionally a touch over-wrought but the artwork is extraordinarily beautiful, particularly Varley's colours.
Hugh
I really liked this. The artwork is amazing and the story is pretty good. How can satanic ninjas not be cool?
Florin Pitea
I read this one back in the mid-nineties. I prefer "Elektra Assassin" from the same series.
Rawle
I really loved this book. The art and story are spectacular! One of frank Miller's best works.
Mikael Kuoppala
A dark, beautifully intense and touching piece of comicbook art.
Tyler
Mar 07, 2008 Tyler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Incredible art - simplistic dark story. Very cool paneling.
Doug
Great Art. Must read
  • Miracleman, Vol. 3: Olympus
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 19: The Moon in Our Hearts
  • The Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 3
  • StormWatch, Vol. 5: Final Orbit
  • High Society (Cerebus, #2)
  • The Dead Boy Detectives
  • Watching the Watchmen: The Definitive Companion to the Ultimate Graphic Novel
Frank Miller is an American writer, artist and film director best known for his film noir-style comic book stories. He is one of the most widely-recognized and popular creators in comics, and is one of the most influential comics creators of his generation. His most notable works include Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One and 300.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the
More about Frank Miller...

Elektra (5 books)
  • Elektra: Assassin
  • The Elektra Saga
  • Elektra Omnibus
  • Daredevil ¡El hombre sin miedo!: Elektra
Batman: Year One Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Sin City, Vol. 1: The Hard Goodbye (Sin City, #1) 300 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1