Start by marking “Wedding Babylon” as Want to Read:
Wedding Babylon

Wedding Babylon

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  29 reviews
It is a truth universally acknowledged that everyone loves a good wedding. Except, possibly, the bride and groom, who spend the day in such an overexcited frenzy that they can't remember it. And the bridesmaids, who are forced to wear ill-fitting peach taffeta so as not to outshine the bride. And the best man, who has to make a terrifying speech in front of a room of drunk ...more
Published May 21st 2009 by Bantam Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Babylon

Danielle Wood
So I decided to read this book as my partner recently proposed and I wanted to get into the wedding planning spirit. The book is based around a wedding planner working for Penrose wedding planners and works through one of their busy working weeks with a variety of brides and some grooms. I especially liked it when they referred to celebrity weddings, especially Posh and Becks!

I enjoyed reading this book as it was in first-person which is my favorite type of writing as it makes me feel more invol
Nikki
Reviewed at JudgingCovers.co.uk

Last Christmas Eve my boyfriend got down on one knee and presented me with an impressively large diamond. I’ve never been one of those people that had their dream wedding planned since they were five, but as soon as the ring was on my finger I struggled to think of much else. Dresses! Flowers! Centrepieces! The whole wedding thing is crazy – so much to do, so much expense – and with less than a year to go until the big day, I am now extremely focused on remaining o
Frances
The book is based around the wedding planners of penrose and all the humanly horrid things they have to put up with just to make the bride happy. Imogen Edwards-Jones – author of Hotel Babylon, Pop Babylon and Fashion Babylon which has been made into a TV series is at it again. She has released a book that spills the beans about the UK wedding industry. She takes us behind the scenes of the excesses of the industry and focuses on the real life bridezillas.

Its all based on the rich and famous and
Penelope Irving
I love all the Babylon series. There aren't many authors or series that I routinely pre-order in hardback, but this is one of them.

It's the deluge of detail that's so fascinating. Imogen Edwards-Jones has picked one luxury service industry after another and obviously spent weeks or months getting ALL the most scurrilous gossip from those in the know, just so you don't have to. Then she deftly weaves all the horror stories into a very enjoyable, readable and semi-plausible narrative featuring som
Jennyfer
Mildly amusing, but that's about it. A poorly written insight into the excesses of the wedding industry, with unrelated anecdotes thrown haphazardly into a mediocre narrative.
This was my first foray into the "_ Babylon" books, and does not inspire me to seek out further works by the author.
Barbra
Another good Babylon book - love reading about what people spend on their weddings.

Back Cover Blurb:
Packed with scandal, stories and intrigue, Wedding Babylon lifts the lid on the excesses of an industry where emotions run high, money flows like champagne and £3,000 cakes are made of polystyrene. Following a week in the life of a busy wedding planner, and based entirely on true but anonymous stories, Imogen Edwards-Jones takes you behind the scenes on what is supposed to be the happiest day of a
Sharmee
Loved the behind the scenes look into the wedding industry from the view of a wedding planner...like the bride who keeps coming back for all her parties! It shows the bride from the outside world and how easy it is to become a bridezilla! Its an easy read and highly recommended...perfect as a gift for a bride to be as well as just an enjoyable beach read. It has everything from insider information with great idea's and a warning on how not to be a bridezzila. Prepare to laugh!
Oddmonster
I know they're cheap and trashy but so help me dog I cannot stop reading. So, Wedding: better than Pop and Fashion, not as good as Hotel or Air. Still entertaining, but I would've loved more of the morning after the wedding, because I hella ship Richard/Andrew.
Amy Vicary
This is a light, playful insight into the world of the wedding planner. It is a fun read which follows a week in the life of a wedding planner and the ups and downs which follow. While definitely not the best written work out there, it is a light, easy and fun read and should be taken as such.
Anne Mitchell
As with all Imogen Edwards-Jones's other 'Babylon' books, the addictive mix of inside information and shock-horror detail delivered wrapped up in a just-about-believable narrative doesn't fail to keep you turning the pages. A four-star guilty pleasure!
Justyna
Beach Babylon, Hotel Babylon and Air Babylon were extremely funny and enjoyable.
Wedding Babylon is just ok - not enough gossip (as mentioned by somebody else), not enough juicy details... still ok if you have nothing else to do on a train
Iris
Reading this book is a great way of spending your time, even though you're not even close to thinking about weddings. It's very entertaining, funny and it fits right in the wonderful Babylon series. I'd recommend it!
Mariaan
very light reading. not sure what is true and what is not, but funny none the less. It is a huge money spinner in the UK. None the less no money in the world could lure me to do his job.
Louise Edwards
Funny and interesting if you enjoy weddings but not particularly well written - the anecdotes are rather clunky in the way they're included in the story.
Hazel
Great if, like me, you are obsessed with Four Weddings, Don't Tell the Bride and other people's disastrous weddings. It was a fun read!
Anne
Nice light read when you're not planning a wedding. For brides-to-be this must be a horror story. A funny one, but still...
Nazia Ahmed
It's told from a man's perspective (which I wasn't expecting), diary style... interesting facts about the wedding industry.
Not as good as Hotel Babylon but still an enjoyable read with some very amusing anecdotes from the wedding industry.
Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie)
As usual a good laugh. Not the strongest of the Babylon books, but very enjoyable.
Vicky
Enjoyable but I wanted more. There wasn't enough behind the scenes gossip for me.
Bonita
As always the coal face of the service industry is entertaining. Great airplane reading
Lee
A quick and easy read about the going-ons of an English wedding planner.
Bernadet
Zelfs al schuilt er maar een beetje waarheid in, dan is het nog onvoorstelbaar.
Lucy
Interesting to find out what goes on behind the scenes!
Jeanette
a funny read but not as good as i thought it would be.
Andy Sean
a must read for anyone in the wedding planning industry.
Georgina Mason
Another amusing addition to the Babylon series!!
Bianca Basak Dikturk
Enjoyable read - perfect for a long plane trip.
Caroline
Entertaining read
Victoriakor
Victoriakor marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
  • Altared: Bridezillas, Bewilderment, Big Love, Breakups, and What Women Really Think About Contemporary Weddings
  • The Tent, the Bucket and Me
  • Karaoke Culture
  • Aristocrats: Power, Grace, and Decadence: Britain's Great Ruling Classes from 1066 to the Present
  • Gilded: How Newport Became America's Richest Resort
  • Running of the Bride: My Frenzied Quest to Tie the Knot, Tear Up the Dance Floor, and Figure Out Why My 15 Minutes of Fame Included Commercial Breaks
  • Lady on the Hill: How Biltmore Estate Became an American Icon
  • Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door
  • Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict
  • The Long Week-End: A Social History of Great Britain, 1918-39
  • Have Mother, Will Travel: A Mother and Daughter Discover Themselves, Each Other, and the World
  • The Secret Shopper Affair