Start by marking “That Old Black Magic (Mystic Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
That Old Black Magic (Mystic Valley, #3)
read book

That Old Black Magic (Mystic Valley #3)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The job was supposed to be easy. Lifting a magic charm from the house of a reclusive wizard in the middle of a swamp is a breeze for Max, a shapeshifter who has made his reputation by putting an end to dark wizards and the evil magic they use.

Getting locked into a closet with an infamous thief wasn't part of the gameplan, but Max has always improvised well...especially wh
Published 2008 by self published

To ask other readers questions about That Old Black Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Old Black Magic

Brie
ok though tis was A LOT shorter than the first i actually like it even more! the sex was hotter and even more animalistic even though only one participant was actually shifter. i loved how dominant and non-submissive polly was. she wasn't intimidated and she easily rolled with the punches, actually more than that, she punched right back with just as much and sometimes more force ;) max was crazy hot and his delicious horny alpha-male attitude was just what i needed to top off this super hot read ...more
Amanda
Oh my word, Polly and Max were fun. I actually kind of wish this book was longer so that I could experience all the shenanigans between the two of them. That said, this was still a fun romp (in the closet and in the bed) and Max thinking with his cock and getting into trouble just makes me laugh.

That Old Black Magic was a free download I found on Moira Rogers' website on September 8th, 2012 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Niina
I was looking for Paranormal Romance Free Reads online and ended up finding Moira Rogers Free Reads I picked title and cover I liked, which ended up being That Old Black Magic.

Alright, first, I feel I should blush reviewing this because it was seriously hot!

Max's character is interesting from the very beginning, he's bit rough being a shape-shifter, a wolf. But he's got a nice analytical way of approaching things, all business - until he meets Polly Cassidy who makes him forget about business an
Vamps R Us
That Old Black Magic is a short story that doesn’t feel like a short story. In many ways, it doesn’t have a clear cut beginning or ending. Instead, it feels like a passage cut from the middle of a much longer story, like a snapshot in time that captures the essence of the main characters and their stories, but comes nowhere near offering the complete picture. That Old Black Magic jumps straight into the action, as though the reader is already familiar with the characters. It then ends, leaving t ...more
Slayermel
Oct 29, 2009 Slayermel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys paranormal erotica
This is a short erotica story about a thief named Polly who is also a witch, and a Werewolf named Max.
Max is sent on a job to track a magical charm, and meets Polly while breaking into a wizards house. When the wizard returns home early Polly and Max are forced to hide in a utility closet. Polly casts a spell to hide them and shield them from the wizard. While Polly and Max are hiding in the closet things turn rather intimate and very fast, ending with Polly handcuffed to the sink. It will take
Jwezi
This is by far my favorite short read of this series. Moira Rogers amazes me a lot. Her short reads which is by the way for free are all amazing. The twist and turns with Polly and Maz are hilarious, couple trying to smart-out each other. Definitely already a fan of Moira Rogers bec she knows how to make a short read but with the complete ingredients. the sexys scenes are remarkable and capital HOT!!! more more more!!!
Delphina
I thought the premise of this story was super fun. It is a quick read and has more story than some of her other novellas. It is free through her website and would be a nice way to see if her writing style is one you would enjoy.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
After all of her books that I've read, I have finally decided that with this one, they aren't stories, but really a really lng sex scene. They are ok on the fly, but somewhat boring.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
This was great! I loved the story plot-wise and hot steamy-ness wise. Polly is a determined woman and knows just how to get her way, full of tricks. A fantastic short little read.
Angela
Wow. Talk about graphic, but I loved it. Another great short story. Moira certainly knows how to capture the moment.
Shannon
It was a good story but why did it leave me up in the air? And how do I find out what happens next?
Mana
Jan 31, 2012 Mana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fast paranormal erotica short story- readers. ;)
Shelves: erotica
short. smart, saucy, sexy. i love it.
these books keep getting better!
Katrina
Sep 20, 2010 Katrina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults
Definetly keeps you intrigued throughout the whole book, very saucy indeed. :)
Rachael
short and sweet..but no ending. I'll love to read what happen next.
Laurie Bongiorno
Cute, SHORT, free erotica story.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Paula
Short by good
Mage
Mage marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Miss D
Miss D marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kcd1982
Kcd1982 marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Hussain Shaikh
Hussain Shaikh marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Medusa Dracul
Medusa Dracul marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Mokona
Mokona marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Lluthiel
Lluthiel marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
  • Catharsis
  • The Alien King and I
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • Sporting Wood
  • Heart On Fire (Werekind, #2.75)
  • All the Time in the World (Grimm's Circle, #0.5)
  • Beasts of New York: A Children's Book for Grown-Ups
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Seducing Jason
  • Conrad's First Girl
  • Pretend You Love Me (The Mansion, #1)
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • The Beast (The Beast, #2)
  • Blank Canvas (Big Easy, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Pixie's Passion (Moonlight and Magic, #4)
  • King of the Dead (The Lost Slayer, #3)
  • Slave to Passion (A Tale of Shar, #1)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Mystic Valley (5 books)
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley, #2)
  • Some Like It Haunted (Mystic Valley, #4)
  • Last Hope (Mystic Valley, #5)
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1)