Start by marking “Corporate Finance: Core Applications and Principles” as Want to Read:
Corporate Finance: Core Applications and Principles

Corporate Finance: Core Applications and Principles (Irwin Series in Finance)

Corporate Finance: Core Principles and Applications , 2nd edition, by Ross, Westerfield, Jaffe and Jordan was written to convey the most important corporate finance concepts and applications at a level that is approachable to the widest possible audience. The concise format, managerial context and design, and student-friendly writing style are key attributes to this text. ...more
Published September 29th 2008 by McGraw-Hill/Irwin (first published 1988)

My professor never utilized the end of chapter questions and what-not, but the text by itself wasn't the greatest. I'm already most of the way through my Finance degree so this is more of a review class for me, but the explanations the book provides seem a bit awkward. It's kind of hard to find a bad textbook but there are definitely stronger Finance one's out there.
Meredith Yinting
Nov 18, 2012 Meredith Yinting rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A great introduction to the corporate finance field. A smart and experienced instructor is also necessary because this book needs to be reorganized for a beginner.
Sebastián
May 30, 2016 Sebastián rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing (just an other). This is the book I was looking for when I started an MBA. Just the financial approach I need to understand the complex yet logical mechanisms of corp finances.
loafingcactus
This textbook is Example A of presenting learning so that only one type of person can succeed. Like memorizing large algebraic equations divorced from meaning? This book is for you! The programmer in my MBA team loved it.

Learn math Any Other Way? Absolutely no help to your reviewer with a logical argument background. And this is really too bad because there are online practice problems where there is more than enough room to show the answers several different ways. Nope, just the single algebra
Lori Light
For my FI 630 class, Fall 2013 semester
Pieter
Dec 19, 2014 Pieter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: economie
Advanced American handbook on corporate finance. For more basic, introductory modules check on "Fundamentals of Corporate Finance" by Ross, Westerfield and Jordan.
Michelle
Dec 09, 2010 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Not the most necessary textbook, but occasionally they had a really good explanation for something that the professor wasn't as clear about.
Maureen
Jan 07, 2009 Maureen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty sure all the cool kids are reading this these days... watch for it on the NYT best seller list soon.

I opened it once.
Brian
Jun 21, 2011 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though it breaks at times with more standard corporate practices, on the whole the text is readable and the examples are helpful.
Andy
Jul 31, 2007 Andy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful tale of net present value and derivatives, which will bring you to tears and exultation all in one chapter.
Vince
Mar 08, 2012 Vince rated it it was ok
[Textbook] Not the best explained or most-engaging. This proved to be a functional textbook.
Shea
Book for my finance class, actually pretty interesting so far.
Nasser Almutawa
Feb 26, 2012 Nasser Almutawa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book to understand the basic rules of finance.
Jessica
Feb 25, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mba
It's a textbook. What else should I say?
Ryan
Puja Gupta
Mar 24, 2013 Puja Gupta rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
horrid
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Ariel D
Ariel D rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Cherry Xu
Cherry Xu rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
August
August added it
Sep 18, 2016
Chang Cai
Chang Cai is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2016
Kalina
Kalina rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
Lb1049
Lb1049 rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Gunjal gupta
Gunjal gupta marked it as to-read
Yannick Gohourou
Yannick Gohourou rated it really liked it
Camila Mendonça
Camila Mendonça rated it really liked it
Ibrahim
Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Karim Emami
Karim Emami rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
  • Corporate Finance
  • Principles Of Corporate Finance
  • Damodaran on Valuation: Security Analysis for Investment and Corporate Finance
  • Financial Institutions Management: A Risk Management Approach
  • Organizational Behaviour: An Introductory Text
  • Economics
  • Economics of Strategy

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Stephen A. Ross is the Franco Modigliani Professor of Financial Economics and a Professor of Finance at the MIT Sloan School of Management.

In the past he occupied the Chair of Sterling Professor of Economics and Finance at Yale University and, before that, he was Professor of Economics and Finance at the Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania).
More about Stephen A. Ross...