Start by marking “スキップ・ビート! 8” as Want to Read:
スキップ・ビート! 8

スキップ・ビート! 8 (Skip Beat! #8)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  3,506 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Kyoko's perfect chance to wreak her revenge on Sho isn't going as well as she'd hoped. In fact, her rage is so consuming that she forgets she's supposed to be acting and tries to throttle Sho for real. That's not her only problem. Sho still thinks he owns Kyoko body and soul, but his manager is worried that Kyoko might be stealing his heart!
コミック
Published October 19th 2004 by 白泉社

To ask other readers questions about スキップ・ビート! 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about スキップ・ビート! 8

Sheila
Suzanne
Third review: I really did like this book. Not only was it funny, but it had a good plot. Kyoko, the main character, wants revenge from her "enemy", Sho Fuwa. She wants to do this by acting. In this volume, she gets that chance. Even so, as she does the scene with Sho, she realizes that she wants to do acting as a career; not using acting as her weapon to destroying Sho's reputation. For some reason though, Ren Tsuruga, Kyoko's "boss", (Well, he's just someone Kyoko is working for... I guess you ...more
Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
A lot goes on in this volume. Perhaps too much. There are so many plot lines that it doesn't have any particular theme or focus. But that's okay. I loved getting a little bit of everything.

The synopsis gives us the impression that Kyoko can't keep her cool acting in Sho's video. That's true at first, but she quickly recovers. She's able to out-act Sho. She stays in character so much that she throws him off. And of course Sho being selfish pins all the blame on her. It gets even worse when he rea
Julie
Kyoko is such a great character. Especially her desire to be best friends with Moko. This volume had a great start but then it dwindled towards the end, thus the average rating. Hopefully the plot will pick up in the next volume. Although I did like the new questions that have been brought up due to certain events.
Lauren
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Wickedshizuku
Mar 20, 2015 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: OneManga.com
This volume begins with Act 42: The Angel's Sin.

The cover...
Okay for years I have been trying to figure out what in the hell is Kyoko eating. I figure that it's some type of sweet, but I really wish I knew what the name of it is. Anybody think they can help me out?

The story...
After a hasty decision, Kyoko accepts a job to work with Fuwa, Sho. Sho isn't fooled, and is on guard. What he didn't expect was an unforgettable actress to appear before his eyes. This has disastrous setbacks for all of Ky
Malakeh Karameh
This volume continue fillming Shu's video clip with Kyoko and Mimori , at first every thing goes wrong with Kyoko , but then she call Moko for some advice , and after that everything turn out from the baddest shot in the video to the greatest shot ; Kyoko catch every one attention in her acting skills , especially Shus .
And also she realize that she wants to do acting as a career ; not using acting as her weapon to destroy Shu Fuma .
In the end of this volume Moko is hiding her problems from Ky
Sara
4.00 Stars unbiased.
3.75 Stars with bias. I really liked all this content in the anime and it is good stuff, but knowing what was coming took some of the satisfaction out of it. :\

Anyway, it is a good volume. I still love the author's idea for Sho and Kyoko interaction during the music video. Very clever of her. And Kyoko is really starting to get in to acting. Also I love the interaction between Kyoko and Ren in this volume. All the phone call stuff was great. Ren's curiosity to her calling h
Alexis
Makes me feel like picking up acting again.
B.B.
Ashley Chen
RESPECT!! Gosh I love how Kyoko pushes through and how Moko is there to help. I mean the whole Ren things so damn sweet but somehow their relationship always turns into some mess by Kyoko saying the wrong thing. Ahhh. *face palm* Their relationship is just complex and twisted.

Haha the things Kyoko and Maria do! Ahahaha~ I just how how this manga has it all! If you want a bit of everything, definitely give this a try!
Amy
I ordered Skip Beat 3-in-1 Vol. 3 and 4 from Barnes and Nobles, waited forever to arrived so I borrowed Skip Beat Vol. 8 from the library. Skip Beat is truly my favorite. I like how I get to know more of Sho's perspective/feeling toward Kyoko inthis vol. Now I can't wait to get more! Thankfully, my Skip Beat order from Barnes and Nobles arrived today, so I'll be devouring them in a bit!
Starbubbles
nakamura truly laid out kyoko and sho's past relationship well: that they truly understood each other. even when they fight, it reminds me of a brother and sister fighting. it's so funny! then there's the relationships with ren and moko that are developing, and maria adds a hilarious twist to it all!
Dorcas
The filming doesn't go too well at first, but she gets a little help from some friends to really visualize what it would be like to have to kill her best friends love. And Sho has a revelation.
Jeffrey
A spectacular volume which concludes Kyoko's appearance in her rival's music video, and begins an exploration of Moko's backstory. With some hilarious costuming, it's a great little read.
Amy Gideon
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
anenko
Along with Ren and Sho, Moko and Maria appear in this volume. I continue to adore the friendship between Moko and Kyoko.
Morgan
Improving story line. Things are finally getting more interesting. It's a shame it took so long to get into the story.
Sarah Evans
This series is the funniest of all the manga comedies I currently follow. I seriously end up laughing out loud.
Hachton
it was great!
She has such a f\gift and the way she uses it for revenge at sho is awesome!!
Girl power!!
Shalene
My favorite manga series! Cute, witty, innocent, and downright hysterical. :)
Kristin

Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
Go Kyoko and Moko. ^^

Funny as always
Kadie D♥
Finished it already few days ago...
Kimber Jones
sweetest love but non love story ever
Pam
LOVE IT!! On number 9 now!
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 15 (Hana-Kimi, #15)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 08
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 7 (Beauty Pop, #7)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 08 (Maid Sama! #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 12 (Ouran High School Host Club, #12)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 11
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 04