Start by marking “Scandalising the Ton” as Want to Read:
Scandalising the Ton

Scandalising the Ton

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  122 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

Lady Wexin, once the Ton's foremost beauty, has been abandoned by her family and friends, and creditors hound her. Her husband's scandalous death has left her impoverished, and the gossip-mongering press is whipped into a frenzy of speculation when it becomes clear the widow is with child. Who is the father?

Only one man knows: Adrian Pomroy, Viscount Cavanley. He has cult
Paperback
Published October 2008 by Mills & Boon (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Scandalising the Ton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandalising the Ton

AgentScully
Since I enjoyed my first Diane Gaston (The Vanishing Viscountess) so much, I decided to read the next one too. This was a bad decision, as I disliked almost everything about this book.

The hero Adrian was way too passive and beta for me. He helps out the heroine but after having sex with her (in the opening chapters), he seems to disappear almost entirely for the next 100 pages. He tries to see the heroine but goes away meekly enough when she shoos him away. I'm used to heros who make things hap
Harlequin Historical
I highly recommend Scandalizing the Ton.

Diane Gaston has delivered another winner. The hero is a rake who is really a nice man but his father will not give him any resposibilties so the only thing he has to do with his time is flirt and gamble. The heroine is in the middle of a huge scandal. Her own sister has refused to help her and her parents are traveling and none of her letters pleading for help have been answered. She is being watched by reporters constantly. Her finances are in ruin. She
Heather Monk
Mar 09, 2014 Heather Monk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite reads in 2013. Historical romances tend to be so similar, but this one was very unique and I truly loved every minute of it. I found myself getting mad and happy, sad and excited, and so many more emotions that I usually just push through.

This book is simply a favorite.
Michaela
Apr 14, 2015 Michaela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The woman in this did my head in. The whole way through she is an idiot, she constantly thinking everyone hates her even when on numerous occasions some people prove otherwise. The ending could have been better too.
Jasey
Gail
The heroine is a widow who's being blamed for her dead husband's financial shenanigans, and hounded by the press. She's rescued by an earl (or other title) who is looking for something Real to do with his life. She seems to be a good project, especially since she's not at fault for her husband's misdeeds. A lot of the conflict in this story has to do with the early version of paparazzi (yeah, they got started back then)--there's a subplot romance involving a reporter--but there's a LOT of scanda ...more
penelopewanders
Although not listed as part of a series, this is nonetheless linked to the Vanishing Viscountess. Less original perhaps than the Mysterious Miss M, and relatively predictable this is still a good read. I needed a lightweight book for a train journey today, and this was perfect.

The top right hand corner of the cover has been clipped off for some reason.
Karyn Gerrard

Usually enjoy Diane Gaston, but not so much this title. Not every read with an author can be a home run, or even a triple. The heroine ruined this for me. From the first chapter she annoyed me. Adrian was a fine, if somewhat passive hero. I finished it, at any rate~
BecksBookPicks
i guess seeing as it was harlequin and the fact i was in the mood for a little more romance, this one came up short of that. It was a good story though if you are looking for a quick under 300 page story.
Jo
Mar 27, 2016 Jo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, trash, 2012, pub-2008
I can't believe I carried on reading this book. It was rubbish, I wasn't expecting a lot but it didn't even meet my very meagre expectations!

And the heroine was incredibly irritating...
rameau
Hardly any real discussion between the main couple, but entertaining enough.
Sylvia Gonzalez-Cooper
Not your typical regency romance love story! Good-read!
Lynn Calvin
Amazon received
MrsMascara
MrsMascara marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Tinsel
Tinsel rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
May 15, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Brittny
Brittny rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Shaz
Shaz rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Ester Ashton
Ester Ashton rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Binnie  Braunstein
Binnie Braunstein rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
LINDA Rowland
LINDA Rowland rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady
  • High Seas To High Society (Wellinghams, #1)
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • The Disgraceful Mr. Ravenhurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #4)
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Gentlemen of Disrepute #1)
  • A Compromised Lady
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • The Surgeon's Lady (Channel Fleet, #2)
  • A Most Unconventional Match (Wellingfords, #3)
Diane Gaston’s dream job had always been to write romance novels. One day she decided to pursue that dream and has never looked back; she is now writing full-time. Her books have won Romance’s highest honour—the RITA Award, the National Readers Choice Award and the Golden Heart. She lives in Virginia with her husband and three very ordinary house cats. Diane loves to hear from readers and friends.
More about Diane Gaston...