Start by marking “Cable & Deadpool, Volume 5: Living Legends” as Want to Read:
Cable & Deadpool, Volume 5: Living Legends

Cable & Deadpool, Volume 5: Living Legends (Cable & Deadpool #5)

Our greed for knowledge recreated his telepathy. Our quest to confine him recreated his telekinesis. He has forged a paradise haven that threatens to destabilize countless governments and religions. One man wants to find out what Cable's intentions are before it's too late. Guest-starring Captain America Plus: Cable sees the signs - omens and portents - characters gatherin ...more
Published August 30th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 5

Sesana
Jun 11, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Yes, we are still on the "Cable as messiah" story arc. And I have to say, it's starting to feel a little stretched out. By the end of this volume, more than two years of stories have been dedicated to this, and I feel like we're treading the same territory. But I have to state for the record that I'm not sure Cable had fully thought through his actions in the Apocalypse story.
Robert
Oct 10, 2016 Robert rated it liked it
This was a fun comic, I enjoyed the Cap stuff, the Apocalypse stuff, the fake-middle-European country stuff not so much. Love those intro pages, also!
kyle giacobello
Apr 06, 2015 kyle giacobello rated it it was amazing
Gayle Francis Moffet
The "Cable is going to save the whole world, and people are freaking out about it" story line is starting to run a bit thin for me, but it's still a good story. It starts with a one-shot of Steve Rogers being sent in undercover (Really? Steve Rogers? Whose face is known internationally? Okay, Fury. Sure.) to check out Providence and report back. Part of the problem with the story line running thin rests on the fact that Steve, like every other person to ever go to Providence finds it to be a won ...more
Lissa
May 03, 2014 Lissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2013
Captain America is now brought in to assess the threat that Cable is posing, but the two men (after a brief tussle) end up having mutual respect for one another. Meanwhile, Cable disappears yet again, and Deadpool goes looking for him - and finds Apocalypse. And Cable, with the help of Deadpool, becomes the president pro tem of Rumekistan. But Domino, Cable's former teammate and lover, doesn't exactly believe in his ability to turn the country around without screwing up in a big way.

Altogether,
J.
Jan 04, 2012 J. rated it liked it
Why this author has such a love affair for Cable I'll never know. Despite his attempts to convince me that Cable is as iconic as Captain America, that's just ridiculous. And it further ruins the character by insisting he's significant when he isn't. The author keeps insisting he's important instead of letting him actually do things that are significant. Cable is just a big bionic MacGuffin, not a character.

But Deadpool is awesome.

For a more complete review, see "Ultimate Deadpool and Cable, vol
Tommy
Aug 13, 2015 Tommy rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I loved the "Living Legends" part and the beginning but the whole Apocalypse thing wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe because I'm not familiar with him but I know he's a 'big deal'.

The Domino/Flag Smasher story line was ok but more useful as a setup than a standalone story line I think. It looks like it's leading to interesting things but maybe not so interesting in and of itself.
Ondra Král
Sep 23, 2015 Ondra Král rated it liked it
Jeden z těch lepších dílů, ale na víc jak 3* to furt není. Příběhy s Capem a Domino se mi líbily, dvojdíl s Apocalypsem nebyl nic extra (ale byl to prolog, třeba se to rozjede). Cable je furt laciná kopie Ozymandiase a nebaví mě.
Michael
Mar 10, 2016 Michael rated it it was ok
Quite frankly, this volume was a little boring. Maybe in the greater context of Nicieza's epic Cable & Deadpool megastory, this volume is forgivable, but as a stand-alone, this volume does not stand out in any way.
Ilse
Mar 26, 2016 Ilse rated it really liked it
The thing here is that I understand nothing of what is going on! It had never happened to me but I don't understand the Whys and the F what Cable is doing or planning.
Joshua
Nov 17, 2014 Joshua rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Another good volume in the Cable and Deadpool series.
Rajiv
Apr 26, 2015 Rajiv rated it really liked it
That was an interesting take on hope and saviors. Let's see what the next volume holds.
Merve
Jun 10, 2016 Merve rated it liked it
Good story yet not my favourite...
More about Cable than Deadpool...
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
This series just keeps getting better and better.
Blake Larson
Blake Larson rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Kelsey Gainer
Kelsey Gainer rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Mike Powers
Mike Powers rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Khoa
Khoa rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2010
Joanna Suckling
Joanna Suckling rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2013
Zugaii
Zugaii rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Jordan
Jordan rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2011
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2010
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2017
David
David rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Junior
Junior rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
  • Dark Reign: Deadpool/Thunderbolts
  • Uncanny X-Force, Volume 4: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 2
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Volume 5: Quest for Magik
  • Generation Hope: Schism
  • Dead Drop Gorgeous (Mystique #1)
  • Decimation: Generation M
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.
More about Fabian Nicieza...

Cable & Deadpool (9 books)
  • Cable & Deadpool, Volume 1: If Looks Could Kill