Start by marking “Never Gymless” as Want to Read:
Never Gymless

Never Gymless

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Never Gymless is dedicated to home-based workouts that negate the need for a fully equipped gym. If you've ever wanted to exercise at home, this book will provide you with a lifetime of challenges.

Learn about bodyweight exercise for strength, endurance, and speed. Supplemental exercises with resistance bands are also included, as well as a simplified nutritional strategy
Published 2006 by Rosstraining

To ask other readers questions about Never Gymless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Gymless

Vhalros
This is a book listing some simple as well as very advanced exercises that can be done with very little equipment (in most cases none). Exercises are included to develop the entire body, both with max strength, explosive strength, and endurance.

For the practiced athlete, this is a very good book, and will give some great ideas about how to get a great work out with little equipment. It would also be extremely useful for a coach who needs to train athletes in a minimal equipment situation.

For beg
Jake
I don’t remember exactly when I got turned on to Ross Enamait. I know that it was one of my fellow training partners at Sityodtong who first brought it up, and after tracking down his website and trying a couple of the free routines, I came to the conclusion that Ross probably has a pretty good idea of what he’s talking about.

I’ve been primarily playing with his Infinite Intensity routines for the last year or so, with great results, but with a new, much larger residence, and a wackier schedule,
Michael D.
Excellent book that I've bought as an Xmas present for five or six friends and relatives.

Enamait goes against the grain in that he isn't involved with the typical circle-jerk guru squad who write testimonials for each other. He tends to stand on his own so doesn't get as much hype as he should. It's too bad as his material is solid and he actually trains real athletes.

This book is based mostly on bodyweight exercise. Most of the exercises are self-explanatory. Some involve basic equipment, but
Ryon
Ross Enamait is someone who practices what he preaches. He doesn't advertise gimmicky methods to get ripped or to get that beach body. He's not selling $500 workout equipment made for $.50 in China. You won't see him on late-night TV.

What you will get is ass kicking no-nonsense conditioning drills to get your ass in shape, but only if you're willing to put in the hard work and hours of time it takes.
Cwn_annwn_13
I've boxed on and off since 1990 and been an athlete in one way or another my whole life but adding many of Ross Enamaits fitness ideas to my routine have helped me take my conditioning to a whole new level. Ross has a background in boxing so the focus is getting yourself in shape for combat sports. If your active in boxing, mixed martial arts, Olympic or Greco-Roman style wrestling, kickboxing or any other combat sport Ross will help you take your conditioning to a whole new level. Whereas Infi ...more
Oceans
This is a great book about home training and workout. It contains some hard core exercises. It is suitable for a professional athlete as well as amateur. Introduction with exercise and explanation and pictures from basics to advanced. I found myself returning and reading some things again and again. I found it very helpful for everybody who prefers training at home.
And I kid you not - there are intense and hard workouts.

I mean look at those six-packs :)

[image error]
Azn
I thought about doing calisthenics once and picked up this book together with other body weight exercises books. Never Gymless is good for what it is: in its core, it deals with the creativity of coming up with different body weight exercises, from simple push to one arm handstands. There are a lot of pictures for demonstration purposes so the book isn't a big read. It outlines the idea of calisthenic and the practical path of progression any athlete or a person who simply wants to get stronger ...more
Ankush Sharma
If I had to put forth a contender for the most badass book ever written, this would be one of them .I have read it cover to cover several times now .It turned the notion of fitness I had on its head .For beginners,even the simplest workout from NG can be extreme. 2 minutes into the conditioning workout and you really start cursing Ross .To put things into perspective,over the course of 2 years, I can't even count the number of times I started with this book and gave up 10 days later. It took tim ...more
Ace
A great resource for tough exercise routines, but his nutrition section is one giant pseudo-scientific rant that belongs in a conspiracy theorist forum.
Tom Roberts
Good book, but I prefer Infinite Intensity by a longshot. For strictly bodyweight stuff I like Sonnen's Gymnastic Body (see my review).
Patrick
Apr 01, 2011 Patrick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fitness enthusiasts
This book focuses on bodyweight training. The title is self-revealing: the book shows the reader how to achieve fitness without the need to go to a gym. You can achieve truly amazing feats with your body alone. It encompasses many different aspects of human fitness, such as strength training, conditioning training and more. It also has a section about proper nutrition. All in all it's a very good guide to working out!
Brian
This shit will kick your ass.
Mikel
If you want to get in shape. This book tells how to do it. No gimmicks. No sales pitch.
Mike Sambuco
Mike Sambuco marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Ragz
Ragz marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Denzel
Denzel marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nduter
Nduter marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Tom Oakley
Tom Oakley marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Infinite Intensity Full Throttle Conditioning The Underground Guide To Warrior Fitness: High Performance Bodyweight Training Jump Rope Conditioning For Athletes Untapped Strength