Start by marking “Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1)

Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  2,519 ratings  ·  81 reviews
With her fortieth birthday approaching and a bad marriage behind her, Jessica Tyler wants a fresh start. Marriage left her an emotionless shell and she vows never to get involved with a man again. Giving in to her sister, Jesse agrees to visit her in Desire, Oklahoma. But Desire is a small town unlike any other. Dom/sub and menage relationships are the norm in a town where ...more
Published November 6th 2008 by Siren Publishing, Inc. (first published September 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Desire for Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire for Three

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
This is one of those books that you want to read when you’re looking for something on the smuttier side to get your motor revving, and I’m not talkin’ about your car’s motor. This is book 1 in the Desire, OK series which is about a small town in Oklahoma, aptly named Desire. But life in this small town is nothing like Mayberry – in fact, Aunt Bea might just roll over in her grave if she knew that I mentioned Mayberry in the same sentence as Desire, OK.

Folks in Desire enjoy living their lives th
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Well I dig menages. But the problem here was more the sloppy BDSM aspect. It's hella sexy when done well. But if it lacks substance, palpable connection btwn the characters, and skilled writing; nothing can bring on dry heaving faster. And Leah Brooke's writing is always of the lower grade IMO. It excels in kink (at times), but never on quality and this one was especially random.

The sister of a woman who's chosen to settle in Desire comes for a short visit. Her Darling sister, doesn't warn her
Auntee
Aug 22, 2010 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of erotic romance featuring ménage

Not a bad smutty little read if you're in the mood. The town of Desire, Oklahoma is one unbelievable place, where most of the male population is either a Dom or is involved in a ménage relationship. The men have a sort of chauvinistic yet over-the-top protective and "I'll-do-anything-to-please-her" attitude toward their women. The cardinal rule seems to be don't you ever harm your woman (unless you're spanking her during love play), or there'll be hell to pay (from the entire male commu
Stephanie
I love a good ménage' story, but this was not a good one!

An emotionally abused woman is not going to fall into a relationship two overbearing men, because they say so. I don't care how sexy they are. I realize this is all make believe and I need to suspend a bit of reality, but come on the author didn't give her readers enough of a back story to really get into the story.

The men of Desire OK want their woman completely and totally dependant on them for everything. And to me that is just not sex
Beck
When I was younger I devoured books like Gone with the Wind ... then I discovered Sweet Valley High and its ilk before moving onto the likes of Barbara Cartland ... in my twenties and thirties, I discovered Anne McCaffrey, John Wyndham, Clive Cussler, etc before moving back towards the romance genre with Janet Evanovich and the Twilight books ... add the purchase of an e-reader and I discovered the world of erotic romance.

I first read this book a couple of years ago as I fully immersed myself in
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Holy Stone Ages Batman! Okay, so I rated this one high for originality and hot sex. Make no mistake about it though, this is SMUT! If u are looking for some awesome backstory with a riveting plot, then this is not the book for you. If you are looking for a trashy, easy read that make u want to be dominated by hot men, then DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

I liked the unique setting...middle America-alternative lifestyles town where bare bottomed spankings are the norm as disiplinary action for
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I'm giving this five stars because I absolutely love all of Leah Brooke's stories and even though her writing is simple and not going to be praised down the centuries, I just find her stories to be engaging, straight forward and just a plain enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

The Desire series is set in the mythical (bummer!) town of Desire being made up of mostly menage or BDSM relationships. The town was set up as a place for people to have these types of relationships without worry of outsid
Becca
I feel rather churlish giving this book only two stars, but any higher rating and I'd feel like I'd caved. This is a book I would have adored two years ago (I could just say, "ditto" to Beck's very well written review), but now it reads like a satire of BDSM menage romances. The men are OTT perfect in looks, size (yes, thattoo!), wealth, sexual finesse, and devotion to "their women". Yet with all that wonderful female fantasy fodder, I'd have run screaming from Desire as fast as possible. Yes, i ...more
Joy
In Desire, Oklahoma, women are spanked when they disobey, a woman could have two to three husbands (usually brothers), and protecting the women are the men's main concern. While the men are mostly neanderthals when it comes to women's safety, they make up for it in a lot of ways. There are rules in this town as dictated by the founding fathers and they stick to it religiously.

Jesse Tyler came to visit her sister Nat in Desire and it's been years since they've seen each other. Because of her marr
Cindy
The cover picture pretty well tells it all... 1 naked lady and 2 hunky guys.

This is unabashed menage erotica. The premise is interesting [although unbelievable:] and the plot [older divorcee isn't looking for love with another man, let alone two, meets two who ARE looking for the love of their lives...:] is frequently interrupted for mattress tests. My main complaint though is the FREQUENT occurrences of typos - sort of makes you wonder if it was typeset by monkeys.

Desire, Oklahoma
1. Desire for
Jessie Potts
Ok so here's the thing, this series has promise, I enjoyed some (ok ok most) of the bedroom scenes. I just think that the author could have used the dominance more hot and less over bearing.

I like the thought of Desire but I really really really hope it's not just male Doms, seriously how about some equal opportunity bondage?
Brittany
Ugh, I cannot even finish this book. I hate the guys!!! This book is just frustrating the guys just ignore everything Jessie says. That kind of attitude drives me crazy. I got to about 150 and I cannot read another page. This book was definitely not for me!!!!
April
Steamy sexy read. A bit high handed with the whole a woman needs a man to take care of her thing. Other than that I am so there!

It had several very emotional scenes and a really interesting story. I can't wait to see more of this series!
♥ Miss Dominus ♥
Aw what a nice ending! I was surprised I was only half way there when they broke up, it should be like the climax and yet I wasn't half into it. But it turned good. It's just sad that they ruined her trust but I actually believed that they made the right reaction. It just proved how much they love her.
Now I got to thinking, I've read a lot of stories that has this culture in their town and before I just thought that its a fiction so it ain't probably true but then even if it is, there's just too
~Mel :)~
Desire for Three was SMOKING hot from start to finish. There was NOTHING I did not LOVE about this book.
Guilty Pleasures
I really liked this book...and seeing as I will be 39+1 in a couple of weeks...it made me smile =)
Shelly
Good enough to make me buy the second one in the series. Bring it on, Desire!
Oleta Blaylock
Leah Brooke was recommended to me by a group of friends that I trust when it comes to good books. I try not to add many new authors to my most have list since I can’t keep up with the ones that are there currently. Any author that gets added needs to be good enough to make me want more of the stories that she is writing. Ms. Brooke has certainly found a place on my list and I always look forward to each new story.

I love that so many authors are coming up with these small towns that are so accept
I really enjoyed this book. I bought it because I had gotten an email advertising one of the last books, maybe 6?, but I hate starting in the middle of a series so I went to check out the first several books instead. I'm so glad I did! Man, can I live here, please?

This was such a new concept on an old story, and the characters of the town were great. A few things though:

First, there wasn't really a difference between Clay and Rio. For the first time, I understand what other reviewers are saying
Pamela
REVIEW COURTESY OF FALLEN ANGEL REVIEWS:

Jessica Tyler, better known as Jesse, needs to start anew. She has just been through a terrible marriage, and it doesn't help any that she is nearing her fortieth birthday. Jesse's sister convinces her to come out to Desire, Oklahoma, for a visit. She arrives to a town like no other. Desire is a place where plenty of people have settled down... the only difference is they live a lifestyle of sexual freedom. Desire is populated with men and women who embrac
Emily
Jessica "Jessie" Tyler finally relented and has agreed to visit her sister in Desire, Oklahoma. Desire is unlike most towns where women come first, menage relationships, and Dom/Sub couples are normal. Nearly forty with an ex-husband who is worthless and really played havoc on her self esteem. It doesn't take but a day for her to meet Clay and Rio Erickson show an interest in her.

Brothers Clay and Rio were married once, but quickly realized they would never feel complete unless they were able to
This was maybe a 3.5 stars... but more 3 than 4 so 3 it is.
I don’t get it… everyone I follow loves this book! But for me I just had the worse time connecting with the characters, especially the males. There were some funny parts and the sex was hot and steamy, as expected. I just cannot put my finger on what it is that made me not connect with this book.

One aspect I don’t enjoy, which comes up in some books and really pushes my button, is the whole “I love you so much” but the first time a ques
Erica
Not one of my favs. It's smut, plain and simple. It was entertaining and an easy read. You definitely have to suspend disbelief at this weird town, as fascinating as it is. I liked the story about her ex as far as that being a good part of the reason why she is what she is...and I will probably read the next one since Blade to me is interesting. :)

The ONLY reason why this book got three stars and not two was Jesse. I thought she was a great character. VERY independent (except for a few really s
Susan Darlington
I rarely write reviews because I do not wish to taint others perceptions with my own thoughts unless specifically asked; However, I do occasionally come across a book that is so bad that I feel it is my civic duty to speak up so that I might save other book fiends from the torture that I have faced, so here it goes:
RUN FAR AND RUN FAST...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.....DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME......DO NOT WASTE YOUR BRAINCELLS....Sadly I was not warned....I took a leap of faith and could feel each in
Patricia
This author's stories have all been super hot so far and this did onto disappoint. Although they talk about spanking often, there are not any actual spanking scenes, which I appreciate. I like this author is good at skating the edge between overprotective and annoying macho to feminism and female-independence. I red book 3 before I read this one and I am not sure which one I like better. Both are awesome and something I would definitely recommend.
Hana
Some books with open sexual relationships are really good, some are less and some are a disaster. This one belongs to the second group - it is not bad but it is not great either. The storyline is rather week, sexual scenes abrupt and sometimes a bit unnecessary abd the nain female character is not likable at all. I skipped quite a lot pages.
Donna
Although I enjoyed this story, I found that it didn't engage me completely. The best erotic literature, at least for me, has to have a nice balance of sex scenes, plot advancement, and character development. I had no real complaints with the plot. It held my interest and kept me turning pages. I liked the main characters. It was fun watching Clay and Rio try to charm Jesse into becoming comfortable with a permanent threesome relationship. Jesse was a nice mix of vulnerability and confidence. How ...more
Mary
I really enjoyed this! Jesse is a take charge person. She has gotten a divorce and is finally visiting her sister in Desire, Oklahoma after many years. After enduring years of abuse from her ex-husband who can blame her for wanting to move to a town where the men (all the men) have and enforce rules regarding how women can be treated. Especially when her best friend and business partner, Kelly needs rescuing from her abusive boyfriend.

The men in Desire are hot alpha types determined to protect t
I have to say if my version of Desire for Three were a paperback it would be dead and in need of being replaced so thank you to the tech gurus for e-readers and e-reading apps. You would think that reading a book once would be enough but nope not happening with this one. I really enjoy books that have more going on than just sex or just the boring blah-blah of talking heads. Now please don't get me wrong the sex scenes were rocking the bed hot but there was more to this book than that despite th ...more
Patti Ashley
Believable love story

A quick interesting read about a three some. The characters were fleshed out and the conflicts of such a relationship were realistic.
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Patton's Way (Cattleman's Club, #1)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)
  • Divine Grace (Divine Creek Ranch, #1)
  • Unbridled and Undone (The Double Rider Men's Club, #1)
  • Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)
  • Love Slave for Two
  • Love Under Two Benedicts
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...

Desire, Oklahoma (9 books)
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Dark Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #5)
  • Raw Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #6)
  • Submission to Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #7)
  • Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)
  • Desire Unleashed (Desire, Oklahoma #9)
Alphas' Mate Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4) Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3) Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2) Raw Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #6)

“A woman needs to know that her man are strong enough to handle her.” 6 likes