Man of Stone.

Man of Stone.

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Could she ever prove her innocence?

After her father's death, Sara Rodney thought she'd finally be safe at her grandmother's country home outside London. That was before she was forced to marry Luke Gallagher, almost a total stranger.

Cressy, Sara's selfish stepsister, had filled Luke's head with lies, and now he believed Sara to be a despicable fortune hunter. There was no

190 pages
Published August 12th 1988 by Mills & B. (first published January 1st 1988)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Another old favorite HP of mine. Okay, maybe the heroine is a bit doormat-y, but it's still really good. Luke thinks Sara is no good and is trying to manipulate the old lady that turns out to be a long-lost relative of hers, and is also his great-aunt. Sara is probably one of the nicest people on earth, however. The great-aunt convinces Sara and her young brother to live with her, and of course, Luke moves in to keep an eye on things. He treats Sara contemptuously because of his bad experiences...more
Leona
meh....Definitely filled with the requisite angst and tension, but I just am so tired of:

1) Brilliantly intelligent heroes that become stupid overnight because they allow OW to feed them absolute bullsh#$% that no one else in their right mind would ever believe, including a 10 year old.

2) Heroines who do stupid things like showing up in a man's bedroom at 1am in the morning, dead tired and half dressed, and are surprised to find themselves in a compromising situation. Really?

3) Heroines that all...more
Claire
This book seems split into two timelines: prenuptial and postnuptial. For me, the after-marriage plot is tolerable but it can’t make up the awful first part.

In this story we have 1) a hero Luke who believed in witchcraft, and 2) a heroine Sara who belonged in the invertebrate species. They really shouldn't have rubbed each other the wrong way when they first met because he might be of stone but she's of water anyway.

What annoys me about our hero is that, in less than an hour’s company with Sar...more
sbf20112011
4.5 stars. This was a great old-school read. Enjoyable plot set-up, smitten hero, martyred heroine -- all good fun! One big unresolved issue -- why on earth did the hero call out his dead wife's name while having sex with the heroine??? Whatever, I just pretended that didn't happen since it in no way jived with the history and was never explained. So, if you like older HPs (particularly Penny Jordans), then you'll probably like this one too.
Jacqueline
Just okay. This was an ordinary old HP with nothing particularly outstanding.
Uxia

I only started to read HP books recently, I'm a great manga fan and was attracted to this gender because of some mangas based in these novels. But I have to admit I'm absolutely shocked of what these female authors picture as the "Female Paradigm"

First of all the vignity issue. REALLY! Are we living on XXI century or in the Medieval Ages¿??¿?. Perhaps these women have read to much fairy tales when they were children and now want to turn back time to an era when women were almost sold, had no r...more
Melanie♥
Great HP! Just wish there had been consequences for the evil step-sister, Cressy.
Jenny
The heroine was a sweetheart but I needed more Luke. Kind of slow and boring book.
Tee
My "bestest" paperback romance ever.
Giovanni
Maezi
Maezi added it
May 27, 2014
 Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Aranee Thurirajah
Aranee Thurirajah marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Tobbie
Tobbie marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Some Sort Of Spell (Harlequin Romance No. 2901) Open To Influence (Harlequin Presents, No 1052) Gentle Deception A Different Dream A Law Unto Himself