Start by marking “Otomen, Tome 3” as Want to Read:
Otomen, Tome 3

Otomen, Tome 3 (Otomen #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  951 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Asuka, l’otomen, sous la demande de Ryô, accepte de travailler à mi-temps dans une crèche. Mais pour ne pas avoir une mauvaise influence sur les enfants, il va devoir redoubler d’efforts pour se montrer viril et masculin devant eux. Jûta, de son côté, commence à s’inquiéter de l’absence d’évolution dans la relation de ses deux amis...
Poche, 192 pages
Published January 14th 2009 by Delcourt (first published September 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Otomen, Tome 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otomen, Tome 3

Sesana
I'm still enjoying Otomen. It's so fluffy and silly, but I can't help myself. I think it's because I like Asuka so much. When Ryo is actually allowed to do something, she can be pretty interesting, but the manga is so much more about Asuka that she's really on the outskirts.
Rachel A.
So this is the third book of the series Otomen by Aya Kanno. I enjoyed reading it more than the other ones, mainly because of the characters in this story. There are spoilers in this review so please at least have read the first book before reading this or if you aren't planning on reading the series.

So as a quick overview: Asuka is a cool, stoic guy who is hiding something. He, in fact is an Otomen! This means that he is a very girl guy, who loves knitting and sewing and baking and cooking! How
Jo
Oh Otomen, I know you're not technically *good* but you're such bad candy. My fondness for you will keep me buying even though I know it's just 45 reading minutes of pure fluff and silliness. Bless your perfectly starched and frilly apron strings.
Marsha
Asuka is thrown into a children’s nursery where once again he gets to show his nurturing nature along with his tough-guy machismo. He also goes to an amusement park, urged on by the ever-present Juta, in order to spur his lagging romance with Ryo. As usual, nothing goes quite as planned.

However, this volume shifts attention in the middle from Asuka’s nowhere relationship with Ryo to the supposed fifth wheel in their triumvirate: the sassy, flirtatious Juta. There is an air of mystery about Juta
Charlotte
*Spoilers*

I find Otomen to be a heartwarming read. We're introduced to Hajime Tonomine, Asuka's kendo rival, who in fact happens to be more similar to him than what he appears! Tonomine and Asuka dress as samurai (who look kinda like power rangers) to entertain the kids at a beauty event and then they help transform a girl in a makeover because Nikko sensei is running late. Asuka alters the outfit to look more interesting and Hajime is like a stylist doing her hair and makeup. It was hilarious w
Georgina Howlett
I loved this volume. Everything was just so perfect and a really like the character development going on - we're really starting to learn stuff now about the three main characters. I loved all of the new people we're meeting, too; there have been some truly interesting introductions. I liked Asuka's kendo rival, especially - though he claimed that Asuka was his enemy, the two of them actually have quite a lot in common and it's great to see.

The only part which confused me in the volume was the p
Susan
I still can't figure out why Asuka is so head over heels for Ryo. Obviously there's supposed to be something there, because a whole nation is swooning over the manga based on their "romance", but I just don't see the connection. I think you could replace Ryo with almost any other girl and the story would stay the same. They don't know much about each other; Ryo doesn't seem to be too interested in learning more and Asuka is too reserved or shy or whatever to even ask her out without a lot of pro ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This one was really good. The art is very well drawn and the food Asuka makes looks so good. I kept thinking, ask her out, confess your feelings. Reminds me of Kimi ni Todoke a little bit. Shyness part anyway. Still liking the series so far. What will happen next?
Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)
This series is just so cute. I love Asuka and Ryo. We finally see a development in their relationship. This may be my favorite volume so far. I'm also digging the new character and effeminate rival.
Jessica
I feel like with this volume I'm finally hooked with this series. I just love all the stories in this volume especially.
Kristen
I liked this one more than the 2nd volume, but I'm still not totally sure what I think about it as a series.
Amber Binion
I liked it. Volume 3 is the first volume that I've read (I need to check out 1 and 2).

I must say though, that the manga artist really needs to work on her expressions. It's like reading a festival of dead faces and barely visible emotions. The story and concept itself seems interesting, just the characters facial expressions seem severely deadpan. Asuka is adorable!
scarlettraces
i have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Otomen. i really like some bits and find other bits more than ordinarily irritating. (on consultation with people who unreservedly like it, turns out i tend to like the bits they aren't so keen on. so i'm clearly missing something.) about half of this volume was pretty good, which is a better ratio than some manga i've read.
Coleen (bookismahmiddlename)
*5/5 starts!* ((Again. XD))
I just love this manga so much!'i love the characters, the story, EVERYTHING! :D
It was kinda predictable at some parts, but I think I don't have the strength to give this a lower rating. It's soo good. T.T
Rebecca Ann
:), love this series. It is repetitive, but never fails to make me laugh. I like how all the traits I find most impressive in men are the ones this character is ashamed of (cooking, creativity, childcare...).
Mariah
Asuka would be a wonderful mother. It's a treat to see him watching all those kids and displaying his talents. tonomine, cosmetics extraordinaire with a grudge against Asuka considering him his enemy.
Lydia Smedry
Oh. My. Gosh. Did anyone else get what they were wearing at the end?!?!?! Probably not... It was a historical Japanese groups of swordsmen's uniform!!! AAIIEEE~! Shinsengumi made it in!
Kereesa
Dec 24, 2013 Kereesa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of OHC and this series
Recommended to Kereesa by: Isabel
Still loving the art, loved the dynamite and daycare plots. Not a big fan of the rival plot, mostly because he ended up being quite similar to another character.

Seriously?

4/5
ArdnAskelA
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Qu'est-ce qu'il est mignon Asuka entouré de tous ces petits gamins! *ç*
Haha, et Juta qui sèche pour son manga à cause du couple qui n'est pas tout à fait XD
Cindy
I think that this book is about a touching feeling about his childhood live that made him into a girl.
Andrew
More role reversal silliness that includes a school girl crush that almost ends up in matrimony.
Dorcas
SPOILER
Make-over Samurais! What!?!
Awesomeness
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca bulan Januari 2009.
Becky
I freaking love this series...it's too darn cute!
Ashley
Read Oct 4, 2012
Read Feb 16, 2014
Reanne
Juto is especially cute in this one.
Sarah Evans
This series is slowly growing on me.
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 5
  • キャットストリート 3 [Cat Street 3]
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4
  • Butterflies, Flowers (Butterflies, Flowers, #2)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 7
  • Basara, Vol. 2
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 6
  • Love★Com, Vol. 5
  • Toradora! Vol. 3
  • Happy Café, Volume 14
Aya Kanno (菅野 文; Kanno Aya) is a Japanese shōjo manga artist. She is the former assistant of mangaka Masashi Asaki of Psychometrer Eiji fame. Her debut was in the January 2001 issue of Hana to Yume with Soul Rescue. Thus far, her work has only been serialized in Hakusensha's shōjo manga anthologies: Hana to Yume, The Hana to Yume, Hana to Yume Plus, and now primarily in Bessatsu Hana to Yume, in w ...more
More about Aya Kanno...

Otomen (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4)
  • Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5)
  • Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)
  • Otomen, Volume 7 (Otomen #7)
  • Otomen, Vol. 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Otomen, Vol. 9 (Otomen, #9)
  • Otomen, Vol. 10 (Otomen, #10)
  • Otomen, Vol. 11 (Otomen, #11)
Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1) Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2) Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4) Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5) Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)