Start by marking “Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are: The Esoteric Meaning of the Monuments on Mars” as Want to Read:

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  54 reviews
This ambitious book is a personal psycho-spiritual journey, a theorization on the meaning of the monuments of Mars, a guidebook for transcending present three-dimensional limitations, and an account of our function within the grand celestial battle between internal and external knowledge. The newly revised and expanded edition of this cult classic features photos and illus ...more
Published November 1st 2002 by Frog (first published 1994)

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are

Anndra
AMAZING! I found this book improperly placed in a bookstore, never heard of it, but the back panel intrigued me. When I dove in,I was exuberantly suprised by the depth and intrigues found in the covers of this book. I have been a lifelong theologian and agnostic, and reading all of these postulates and "true" accounts slipped into my head like tetris blocks filling in the gaps of all i've read before and all the spiritual "senses" i've experienced. If you have an open mind, READ IT. If you belie ...more
Dujon
I just finished reading “Nothing in this Book is True but It’s Exactly How Things Are” by Bob Frissell, recommended to me by my cousin Brisk (of Upstage fame). I had no idea what to expect when I started reading, which is probably a good thing because if I did I probably wouldn’t have read it. This book is classified as “Metaphysics/Spirituality” but at mostly reads like straight science-fiction. I really tried to keep an open mind as I read through what felt like the insane ramblings of a madma ...more
Gregory Tkac
Found this book at a new agey store in Philly when I was 19 (late 80's) and I think I read the whole thing in a couple of days and then read it again, and again. I couldn't get enough of this book when I first got my hands on it - it was like opening up doors to new worlds with every chapter. Now, I'd probably think most of it is straight bullshit, but it inspired me enough to get 2 dolphins tattooed on my shoulder, so I guess it's with me for life now.
Gerald
Feb 21, 2009 Gerald rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: UFOlogists, conspiracy theorists, students of metaphysics, sacred geometers
Whew. Hmmmmm.

Well it's just about all here. And isn't, as the title rightly suggests.

Judge for yourself. It reads like the psychotic rant of a literate person who has read a lot of metaphysical and conspiracy books. Then again, there is the occasional statement that resonates.

But consider: "All dimensional levels of this world are here and present right now and interlinked. The only difference between dimensional worlds is their wavelengths. Wavelength is the key to the entire universe. We live
Eric
This is what I would call an old school new age book. I'm surprised I had never heard of it before. The copyright is from 1994. It has a lot of insights that seem quite astute but it suffers from being a pre-2012 book and feeding the fear of those times to some extent. I don't mean to imply that nothing has happened in the meantime that wasn't deserving of some trepidation or that there is not still reason to question our viability. This is not even the primary thrust of the work, just something ...more
Bo'kem Allah
This inspired me to start "thinking outside the box." I was introduced to MANY concepts and theories that completely eluded me prior to my reading this book. I was compelled to read the 2 follow ups. Don't take ANY of this as "The Gospel" on all thing "New Age." I almost did... and it wasn't a mentally healthy time of my life. Please... read with an open mind... and don't believe EVERYTHING you read. Take for yourself what you can practically apply in your life... AND LEAVE THE REST.
Dangeruss Noyes
This book tends to go from laughably hilarious (things like humanity's origin, the secret history of the earth, alien, and the secret government) to mind bendingly thought provoking (sacred geometry, the golden ratio, the proportions of the human body). Ultimately I'm still not sure what to make of it but at the same time I wouldn't tell anyone not to read it.
Linda
I liked it. Lots.
The first part - most of the book - is to put you in fear mode.
The last part is about taking you out of fear mode and bringing yourself into alignment with your higher self and with the Creator of us all.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Bonkers. Saw the title and couldn't leave it on the shelf. ... I think the title says it all.
Jennifer Siddiqui
Very interesting ideas that make you think of different possibilities that are taught.
Carlo
Sep 29, 2014 Carlo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes fiction or is it fact?
Recommended to Carlo by: my neighbor
I own a copy of the first edition of this book I found in a used bookstore (I don't like to give away my secrets when it comes to locations I find treasures but the owners are wonderful people who run a green business so..:-) Kudo's to Rebound Bookstore for having a signed by the author, hand me down, first edition copy of this book! An interesting read for the open-minded, those into lost wisdom, multiple dimensions, the merkaba, ancient atlantis and the martians settling in uninvited and other ...more
Silke Blumbach
(Amazon:) Nothing in This Book Is True, But It’s Exactly How Things Are is an account of humankind’s function within the grand celestial battle between internal and external knowledge. Author Bob Frissell gives a compelling account of our planetary ascent into higher consciousness, presenting a big-screen view of the Earth through the experience of the Ascended Masters, Thoth, Babaji, and Drunvalo Melchizedek.

Pulling in all manner of conspiracy theories from the Secret Government to the Philadel
Duke
Found this book listed in a Tool newsletter. It's an interesting read for its info on sacred geometry, but the rest is filled with fantastical speculative alternative history and mythological crossovers. It's really a mess. The sources cited for the information (for the Montauk experiments, for example) are just as absurd. Read this at your own risk if you can't separate for yourself fantasy and fact.

To add, I think one may read this book to see an example of purely intuitive psycho-spiritual ba
Andrew
Based too much on metaphysical and conspiracy writings for me.

Author frequently mixes scientific theory & reality with his view on the world, and makes a hash of it. He adds nothing to the Philadelphia Experiment, and repeats drivel such as secret government, illuminati, and so on.

Sacred Geometry and Right Eye of Horus are interesting, but based on a flawed & loose interpretation of Genesis.

From chapter 18. The Breath of Life, it gets interesting and the section on re-birthing, healing a
Divad Raizok
It's so strange to know that a book written in the 1980s can still hold up 30 years later. Filled with the craziest ideas I've never considered, it all comes together in such a coherent and logical way that I found myself asking, "what if I'm wrong?!"

But wrong or right, this book offers an explanation of reality that parses together ideas about cymatics, UFOs, ancient cultures, tetrahedrons and other oddities to present a complete picture of an explanation of everything. Whether its true or not
Matthew Cossey
A quite interesting read.. The book covers many different topics from our moving into the higher dimensions to the destruction of Atlantis. The topics covered are so vast that I found the book lacked focus. Many of the more interesting topics mentioned were not covered in-depth, so I was left wanting more.

Much of the information throughout the book is quiet credible if you have done your research. Although without many references the Author assumes the reader has little questions in regards to w
Kim
This was a wonderful read! Loved this book.
Innerdynamic
great book tons of food for thought!
Cloner
the truth is somewhere
Igziabeher
one of the greatest books I've read. it literally changed my view on the world around us and why it exists. From aliens, sacred geometry, the Philadelphia experiment to rebirthing, the merkaba and what the Egyptian pyramids were actually used for. With an open mind this book will bring you one step closer to being one with the universe without the use of mind expanding drugs like Terrance McKenna or Timothy Leary would have you believe.
Anders Franklin
Okay. If this had been meant as fiction, I would have enjoyed it. However, it is meant as a book of facts. It is simply not in line with my view of the world. All through the book my mind was screeching because of the extreme assumptions being made.

However, I am glad that I've read it. Getting to know the many many variations of beliefs there are in this our world is important, and this is one belief that I had not encountered before.
Tiffanie
This is the kind of book that will set you off into a world of obsessive research on some obscure topic for the next 6.5 years of your life. It’s a good jumping-off point. The sheer amount of craziness and thought provoking topics make it interesting, but the content was a bit jumbled. A little more in depth elaboration would have made this book fairly amazing. Definitely a good read.

*Off to buy a few Sacred Geometry books now*
Alejandro Perez
This book is chillingly real. One of those books that grabs you by the horns and doesn't release until you understand the importance of its relevance, it validated every feeling i have had, sensed, experienced, uncovered and revealed one very important matter,

I am not crazy.

it is a must read.
mina
Jul 21, 2007 mina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: favs
i remember picking up this book at a random flea market in maine and thinking it was crazy but really getting a kick out of it. it really gives the reader a summary of the major conspiracy/alien/new age ideas that are out there. it was the first place i ever read about the dogon/sirius connection.
Eli
First time I read this book I found it a bit contradicting with my inner beliefs, as I myself did not believe in aliens. Now something has intrigued me to read it again. The more I read and the more analogy I make with the real world, the more this book comes to make sense.
Milot
It was very good at explaining mathematical way of life and some good things about how we construct our lives as we want to (pretty much like the secret) but then there were some conspiracy theories which I don't like to occupy myself with, in general it was a good book.
Paul
I really tried to read this book with an open mind, but I just can't get into it. Its a mishmash of all the popular conspiracy theories. Maybe its a big joke that I didn't get, but I couldn't finish it. It does read like the background for the lyrics to Tool songs.
Kristin
This was the first book ever to open my mind to the world's esoteric teachings and the metaphysical world around us just behind what we see with our eyes. It began a long quest into such knowledge, the journey of which I am still on many years later.
Danielle
wow! this book has more information crammed into around 200 pages than i think i have ever seen in one book. i dont think id call this a light read by any means. it combined a lot of ideas and theories into one information packed, yet fun read.
Africanpersonalities2000
This book is a must read. When you read it be prepared to recieve many of the things we all need. An uncandid look a truth and a whole lot of seriousness...

enjoy

it is worth every peace of mind time.

one love
  • The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 2
  • The Convoluted Universe: Book One
  • Initiation
  • All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections (Impacts)
  • The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages
  • Manhood
  • PSI Spies: The True Story of America's Psychic Warfare Program
  • The Queen's Conjurer: The Science and Magic of Dr. John Dee, Advisor to Queen Elizabeth I
  • The Wars of Gods and Men (Earth Chronicles 3)
  • The Friar and the Cipher: Roger Bacon and the Unsolved Mystery of the Most Unusual Manuscript in the World
  • Robots Rebellion
  • The Pleiadian Agenda: A New Cosmology for the Age of Light
  • The Secret Language of Dreams: A Visual Key to Dreams and Their Meanings
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Edgar Cayce on Atlantis
  • The Secret Teachings of All Ages
Bob Frissell, the founder of The Breath of Life (Breathwork & Integrative Healing), is the world-renowned author of “Nothing In This Book Is True, But Its Exactly How Things Are.” He also teaches the The Flower of Life Workshop (Sacred Geometry & the MerKaBa). Trained by Jim Leonard, originator of the Five Elements, Leonard Orr, creator of Rebirthing-Breathwork, and Drunvalo Melchizedek, o ...more
More about Bob Frissell...
Something in This Book is True: The Official Companion to Nothing in This Book is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are You are a Spiritual Being Having a Human Experience La Cuarta Dimensión. Origen, historia y destino de la humanidad Something in This Book Is True, Second Edition: The Official Companion to Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are El destino de la humanidad: La cuarta dimensión