Start by marking “Never Be Lied To Again : คู่มือจับโกหก” as Want to Read:
Never Be Lied To Again : คู่มือจับโกหก

Never Be Lied To Again : คู่มือจับโกหก

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  62 reviews
When liars are being accused of something, they'll stay calm because they're working on their rebuttal; this is why detectives were suspicious of O.J. Simpson when he didn't express outrage when accused of murdering his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman. Never Be Lied to Again is bursting with tested tips like this for quickly determining when you're being boondoggled. Body langu ...more
204 pages
Published by WeLearn (first published 1998)

Mar 30, 2009 Breakdown rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not anyone really
This book doesn't really give out much new information about picking up when a person is lying. It covers body language and the like, nothing really new.

My problem with the book are a couple of things; One, it doesn't talk about what to do with the information once you know if someone is lying, and that sometimes you're just better off letting people lie. Two, it asks you to lie in order to catch a person in the lie; where does it make sense to lie to catch a lie? Aren't you just as bad as the l
من أروع الكتب التي قرأتها .. لغه بسيطه .. أمثله رائعه يمكن تطبيقها بسهوله .. يظهر لنا مدى صدق البعض من خلال الكثير من المواقف .. والتشديد على بعض الألفاظ أثناء أحاديثهم .. باختصار هذا الكتاب يعلمك كيف تستدرج الشخص الذي أمامك للإعتراف بما تريد بمنتهى الهدوء .. ربما هناك بعض الحيل التي نطبقها بعفويه وبعضها يأتي بنتيجة عكسيه لكن في النهاية يمكن اعتباره دورة تدريبيه ممتازة إذا ماتمت قراءته بشكل متأني ومدروس وتطبيقه بالشكل الصحيح .. شخصياً أعتقد أن هذا الكتاب يحتاج لأكثر من قراءة
Sabrina Singer
amazing book! great stuff to be aware of its something i like to read over and over again to to refresh my mind. the doctor who wrote this really knows his stuff and makes it simple for all to understand
Huma Rashid
Now I know how to respond to questions when I'm lying to someone. :D
I won't quite call this quackery, but I'm pretty dubious as to the actual uses of this book. I even tried out some of the methods in here and even though I knew the people I asked weren't going to lie to me, according to this book, they were. But I'll get into that later.

Never Be Lied To Again goes through all the different ways of lying, how to determine if someone is lying, how to get to them to tell the truth, and other strategies you could ever want to know. It helps determine body language,
Konn Lavery
Great introduction to body language and how to identify when people aren't being fully honest. I found a lot of it was basic knowledge if you have been reading similar/more in depth books however it covers a lot of foundations that I would recommend to anyone new to studying human interaction.
Ahmed AlThobaiti
Because I am not a master of deception and lies, I couldn't spot subtel sign of lies. This book would be a great addition to such naive person. But for expert, it sound too basic. It did change my perspective, the way I look into things. It so rewarding when you catch someone with his lie :)
Chris Fanning
This has good content and the author, David Lieberman, makes an attempt to abandon the jargon of psychology but often is too vague to hold the reader. It is nicely segmented in small chunks for the reader. Although the brevity was nice, often I found Lieberman's style to become lost in itself where abbreviations became confusing and references make reading burdensome. In addition, some conclusions were hastened and lacked the finality of a deductively reasoned point.

Despite these criticism, the
I saw this at the library as a part of my interviewing preparation. I get nervous very easily, and I think sometimes just being nervous is enough to make people think I am lying. I'm trying to correct that with this tape, to try to be relaxed enough that when I'm being honest I look honest.

I relearned some things about making eye contact, keeping an open posture, make physical contact. One thing I learned is that when trying to remember something you look to your opposite hand side and up. I do
Not sure if everything is that applicable. But there are some interesting psychology here. Main point, understand the intentions behind every reaction and be perceptive enough to see it.
Cody Sexton
The experience of reading this book is very much like being thrown a life vest. What I mean by this of course is that among the varying techniques outlined in this book for detecting deception the techniques for detecting bullshit were, to me, the most relevant, considering the fact that we're practically drowning in it, hence the life vest reference. Overall its one of the better books I've read on deception and how to detect it.
In theory, I enjoyed this book. It started by setting out very clear things to look for and observe to determine if you're being lied to. These were practical and interesting. Then the book goes into all of these confrontational ways to catch people in lies. My main problem with this is that as the asker, you have the be lying since you don't know for sure that the other person is. If I were the recipient of some of these questions, I'd probably admit to things I hadn't done just to make the que ...more
Allison Ball
What a fun read, this book was. I really enjoyed learning the techniques in this book and practicing them in real life. I love Lieberman's fun facts randomly thrown into this book.

Anyone who enjoys watching the television show, Lie to Me, will also enjoy this book. I had actually only became interested in the show after reading this book. Prior to this book I had no interest in the show or didn't get it. Well, I get it now and it is utterly fascinating!

I look forward to reading more from David
Bailey Olfert
This book has nice short chunks of information, making it very readable. There is lots of good information, but you'd need to have a better memory than I do to use it properly. In most instances, the examples were so far from the realm of my life that they were useless. What I found most useful were the reminders of ways to appear genuine - things that don't come naturally to me such as an open posture and looking people in the eye; I need to remember these things even though for me it isn't abo ...more
Robert L.
Mar 24, 2010 Robert L. is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This book talks about non-verbal and verbal language. This book is better than many books in this category. It doesn't just talk about what a behavior means, which oftentimes is debatable. It explains why the behavior can be interpreted a certain way given natural human inclinations. That allowed me to understand why a given interpretation has behavioral validity. It also suggests eliciting additional data to determine if original assessment of veracity is correct.
I was given this book by my dad, so i felt obligated to read it haha. It turns out that this book is actually really great. I found myself eagerly reading it and highlighting bits so I can easily go back and refresh my memory. It is straighforward and easy to understand. After reading a few chapters I started to be able to detect if someone i was speaking to was lying. If you want to be able to detect deceit, from small lies to huge one, this is the book to read!
This is good site.
I set this book aside for a while because it was "a little light". My hobby is playing at the World Poker Tour level a game where lying is just part of the game. Some good parts though and every technique has a use. I know I have used the material in this book a few times in context of a poker game with an accurate result, though the poker players detected were amateurs and pretty transparent themselves.
This book was divided into two parts: behavioral characteristics typically displayed by a deceiver and ways to interrogate a perceived deceiver a in order to get to the truth. I found the first half fascinating and helpful. The second half, unfortunately, was a little too complicated and detailed for me. Quick easy read either way --about 2 hours or less. Really good information.
Listened to the audio abridged edition. First part on signals was ok, but second part on pressuring a person to tell you the truth seemed like outright interrogation and hostile alienation; "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People".
Anton Klink
Having read it quite a number of years ago, I remember thinking it was OK but not much else. Neither can I seem to be able to remember too many specifics about it. Obviously it wasn't awful, otherwise I would have remembered that, but neither was it good enough to burn a vivid image into my mind, so two stars is the most I can give it in hindsight.
Dec 07, 2009 Sheilah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting not to be lied to
Recommended to Sheilah by: a co-worker
This New York Times bestseller utilizes newly developed techniques in hypnosis and psycholinguistics to show you how to easily influence anyone to tell the truth within minutes. The book is full of examples and scenarios to help you keep from being taken advantage of and give you that extra edge in both personal and business situations.
Look at what people are saying to you and how they are saying it. Find out when you are being lied to very easily.
Have you been lied to before? Probably so! Well, if you are tired of the lies, especially when they surprise you, here is a book that helps you learn how to stay watchful for the typical ways people try to lie. Being prepared really can make all of the difference in the world!
I finally finished this book. It's very interesting and discusses many techniques that could prove to be useful. Some of them are obvious, but not all. I liked it and recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in psychology and/or human behavior.
Amanda Seats
Carpe Diem
I was a bit disappointed given the fact that I was hoping to become a human lie detector after reading this, but I've learned a few tricks, like when to catch someone manipulating the truth, and I really liked the eye rolling technique
Lots of information, some of it a bit too vague. Many, many techniques and really specific, I found the first chapters the most interesting. The following chapters were just too many techniques, impossible to follow most of them.
Was an interesting read, but quite a lot of things to try to keep in mind to actually put into practice. Would have to read again and use as reference for all the information and techniques to sink in...
  • Show Me How
  • Details Men's Style Manual: The Ultimate Guide for Making Your Clothes Work for You
  • Adult Children of Abusive Parents
  • Reading People: How to Understand People and Predict Their Behavior- -Anytime, Anyplace
  • Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You
  • Squawk!: How to Stop Making Noise and Start Getting Results
  • The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking
  • How to Read a Person Like a Book
  • Unmasking the Face: A Guide to Recognizing Emotions from Facial Clues
  • Hypnosis for Beginners: Reach New Levels of Awareness & Achievement
  • Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)
  • You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn Life-Changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro
  • Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own Business, Keep Your Books, Pay Your Taxes & Stay Out of Trouble (Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own ... Keep Yourbooks, Pay Your Taxes, & Stay Ou)
  • Repacking Your Bags: Lighten Your Load for the Rest of Your Life
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • When Friendship Hurts: How to Deal with Friends Who Betray, Abandon, or Wound You
  • The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language
  • How to Get What You Really, Really, Really, Really Want
David J. Lieberman, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized leader in the field of human behavior and interpersonal relationships. He is the creator of NeuroDynamic Analysis for short-term therapy.