Start by marking “The Countess Angelique - Book (1) One: In the Land of the Redskins; Book (2) Two: Prisoner of the Mountains” as Want to Read:

The Countess Angelique - Book (1) One: In the Land of the Redskins; Book (2) Two: Prisoner of the Mountains (Angélique - Version Originale #7)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  444 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Mainly set in the wilderness of North America, Angélique faces a new series of challenges - some of which sorely test even her ingenuity and experience.

First hunger and then a fanatical Jesuit threaten Angélique's very existence before rumours begin to spread that Angélique is a mythical she-devil.

Once again, Angélique has to call on all her qualities in order to triumph.
Published (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about The Countess Angelique - Book (1) One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Countess Angelique - Book (1) One

LJ
The Countess Angelique - Ex
Sergeanne Golon - 6th in series
This book starts deceptively, it heralds the safe arrival, across the treacherous ocean, of a united family. Wife finds husband, husband finds new daughter, mother re-unites with sons, one of whom she thought dead. The makings of happiness of a delirious nature - it doesn't last long, there would be no story if it did. First of all, there is the matter of two adults who have not seen each other for 15 years needing to re-establish a norm.
Toni
This book is wonderful. I would have given it 5 stars on its own, but being its part of a series of books (# 7 to be exact) that have each and every one been Magnificent-Hornblowing-Fireworks 5's, I had to give this book a 4 for being every so slightly less tremendous. In truth it's a 4.8. The Angelique series has: amazing storytelling, beautiful writing, poignancy, adventure, brilliant characters, love...and Angelique, one of the best female characters every put to print. It's one downfall (& ...more
Charlene Gordon
I read all these over 40 years ago and loved them.
Arlene
My first in a history, romance series -- I LOVED all of them and was sad when Serge died. The last book, by Anne, clearly showed what Serge added.
Alucard
Very sexy cover. I love a woman on a cover wearing a man's shirt, nothing under. Also it hints of some danger with the horseman.
Misfit
Oct 23, 2012 Misfit marked it as to-read-mine  ·  review of another edition
My cover, same ISBN # as this one.

Sydney Young
A wonderful first look at French colonization of America. I still want to go to Maine, all because of this book.
Pamela(AllHoney)
This is the seventh book in the Angelique series. I read this in high school many years ago.
These books were my first romantic sexy fiction... Loved all that I could get my hands on
Marg
This one was disappointing compared to the other books in the series.
AlaskaAndTheWolf
AlaskaAndTheWolf marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sanime
Sanime marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Deborah Graves mitsch
Deborah Graves mitsch marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Angelique and the Demon (Angelique: Original version #9)
  • Angelique in Love (Angelique: Original version #6)
  • Belle Catherine (Catherine, #3)
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Banners of Silk
  • The Kent Heiress (Royal Dynasty, #3)
  • The Bride's Bodyguard
  • Der Feuergott der Marranen (Zauberland, #4)
  • La Comtesse de Rudolstadt
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • The Black Rose
  • The Mysterious Maid-Servant
  • The Golden Hawk
  • His Secret Duchess
Born in Toulon as Simone Changeux in 1921; she was published under the pseudonym of Sergeanne Golon or Anne & Serge Golon, and later as Anne Golon.
Better known to English-speaking readers as Sergeanne Golon.
More about Anne Golon...

Angélique - Version Originale (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Angelique (Angelique: Original version, #1)
  • Angelica e il giustiziato di Notre-Dame
  • Angelique, the Road to Versailles (Angelique: Original version #2)
  • Angelica alla corte dei miracoli
  • Angelique and the King (Angelique: Original version #3)
  • Angelique et le roy - 1 (Angelique: Original version #3-1)
  • Angelique et le roy - 2 (Angelique: Original version #3-2)
  • Angelique in Barbary (Angelique: Original version #4)
  • Indomptable Angelique - 1 (Angelique: Original version #4-1)
  • Indomptable Angelique - 2 (Angelique: Original version #4-2)
Angelique and the King (Angelique: Original version #3) Angelique in Barbary (Angelique: Original version #4) Angelique in Revolt (Angelique: Original version #5) Angelique, the Road to Versailles (Angelique: Original version #2) Angelique and the Demon (Angelique: Original version #9)