Blank-133x176
Pieces

Nobilis Reed

Pieces

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Joan's world has literally fallen apart. She lives in one tiny piece of the shattered universe, bounded on all sides by shimmering veils. When the creator god, calling himself "Cassius", stumbles into the cathedral where she lives, she is drawn into an adventure of cosmic proportions.

The story is told through the cracked lens of seven experienced podcast authors. Nobilis,...more
Podiobook
Published December 8th 2008 by Podiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces

Bob
Likes: Surprisingly coherent for a multi-author collaboration, building and re-building a vast new mythology. The shifts in style and direction with each new chapter reinforce the theme of fragmented reality, which nonetheless provide a unified parable on the relationship between science and power.

Dislikes: The freedom given each author allows what begins as a surreal metaphor to spiral into an increasingly literal and unrelatable fantasy adventure.
DDog
Jul 11, 2009 DDog rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to DDog by: Nobilis Reed
Shelves: podcast, fantasy
This was an interesting experiment. I had already heard the writing and voices of most of the other authors Nobilis invited to share his story space, and listening to the world they created together was instructive. The story was exciting and the characters intriguing.
Nobilis Reed
Dec 08, 2008 Nobilis Reed rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: authors
Creating this book was an educational experience for me. Not only did I get to hear a bunch of creative people take tangents and make them into a story, I had the challenge of finding an end for it all.

I am not in a position to state whether the book is GOOD, but I definitely found it valuable.
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2011
A New Erotic Sci Fi Adventure From Nobilis Reed 1 2 Jun 17, 2011 08:52AM
Nobilis has been writing smut for years, but recently decided to see whether anyone else wanted to read it. To his surprise, people like it, so he keeps writing more. In between that and his day job, he does the father thing and steps over the cats.
More about Nobilis Reed...
Tentacle Dreams Scouts (The Orgone Chronicles, Book 1) Riskwear Ex Fumo, Gaudiam: From Steam, Comes Joy Pirates: The Orgone Chronicles, Book Two