Start by marking “Stars” as Want to Read:

Stars (Stars of Mithra #1-2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,205 ratings  ·  43 reviews
THE STARS OF MITHRA: Three gems, three beauties, three passions…the adventures of a lifetime. Contains the first 2 in the series Hidden Star and Captive Star.

She couldn't remember a thing, not even who she was. But it was clear Bailey James was in trouble. Big trouble! And she desperately needed Cade Parris to help her live long enough to find out
Published August 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stars

Stars contains the first two stories in Roberts' Stars of Mithra trilogy - Hidden Star and Captive Star.

The Stars of Mithra trilogy are stories of romantic suspense, following three friends, each entrusted with one of the three priceless blue diamonds that form the Stars of Mithra, and their individual efforts to protect the diamonds from those seeking to use their legendary power for evil. Dun dun dun!

Hidden Star was an OK read, probably around 3 stars. This featured the story of Bailey James,
Caroline G'wattage

Stars was an interesting read. A good suspense, great romances and characters too fall in love with.
Hidden Star-Part one: Cade Parris takes one look at the beautiful blond that walks into his office, and falls in love .Unfortunately the stunning woman is there to hire the handsome private investigator to find a missing person, and that is herself.
Bailey James does not even know her name,nor does she know why she is carrying a bag filled with more than a million dollars in cash, a pistol, and a p
Deborah Vespo
I read a book like this from Nora and I get why she had to write the "In Death" series books. She's darn good at it. She knows how to write a suspenseful scene and really keep the reader hooked. I started this trilogy last night and got through the first two books by noon today! This particular is a combo of the first two books in the series... after I write this up, I'm going out to get the third!

Book 1, Hidden Star: Bailey James wakes up in a hotel room and has no clue as to who she is, what'
This book includes #1 and #2 in a trilogy, and now I am going to have to hit the bookstore today to find the book that includes #3. This was one of the most enjoyable set of romantic suspense books I've read in a while. I love Nora Roberts, so I picked this book up in the clearance section of a bookstore, expecting it to be good. Instead, it far surpassed my expectations. I thought these two stories were wonderful. Cannot wait to get my hands on the third.
Contains the first two novels in "The Stars of Mithra" trilogy, "Hidden Star" and "Captive Star."

There are 3 enormous blue stars that someone is wililng to kill for to get his hands on. In Hidden Star Bailey James sends two of the three to her good friends thinking to keep them safe. Unfortunately, after witnessing a horrific event, she has amnesia. She turns to P.I. Cade Parris to help uncover who she is and what she is doing with a million dollars and a big blue diamond. The story continues in
Just finished reading this book only because I'm one of those types that absolutely has to finish a book once I start it. Was so dissapointed because I usually throughly enjoy any reading that involves gemology and jewel heists, and with the 3 Stars of Mithra at the center of the story line of this book, I expected it to be thoroughly engaging. Well it was not. Besides the 4 characters (2 couples) falling in love,actually declaring their love for one another and proposing marriage within the FIR ...more
Lisa Nielsen
Torn between 3 and 4 stars. Overall I liked it, but the plot was a bit thin and also a bit too similar for the two books, for my liking.
Ronatha Hall
Two sweetly told love stories, with blasts of action and mystery to keep you on your toes.
Silhouette really should not have put these two stories together.

Yes, Nora Roberts is a great writer, but the first story was written 13 years after the second story in this book, and BOY had her writing ever improved during that period.

The second book is cheesy and superficial. Well, more so than most of her romances.

Yeah, I know a lot of romances are cheesy and superficial (not to mention formulaic) but normally, Nora rises above all that to write something that is truly touching and cool.

These two stories were pretty quick reads, and I was surprised how good they were. Part of my surprise comes from the first story being an "amnesia" story - something I normally hate. I think that amnesia stories are pretty stupid. Once I got past this, the book was really pretty fun.

Total fantasy - everyone is wealthy, people fall in love in a day, giant blue diamonds, bad guys, that sort of thing. Fun, fast read and if you like romance novels or Nora Roberts it should be right up your alley. I
I needed a book to read while travelling, so it needed to be easy to read and an escape novel, but with something interesting to keep me interested. These 2 novels in one book were just what I wanted. The amnesia story was believeable and the other story about an Irish woman in trouble was fun. Both women heroines are strong characters who handle themselves very well in times of trouble. I like that.
2 stories Hidden Star and Captive star which are volume 1 and 2 of a series combined together where greed of another person puts 3 girls lives at risk. The 3rd volume Secret Star is separate so to find out if the unknown evil person gets the 3 stars (Diamonds) you need to read Secret star separately.

Would have been nice if the 3 were together in the one book.
I liked this; stories told with the usual Nora style of good writing and likable characters. The books are early ones of hers, and I don't think they're the best she's ever written, but I like how the stories are ending up interconnected as I read them, that they're simultaneous and not chronological.
Sep 01, 2009 Pat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cathie Moreland-Hasty
Contains 2 stories in one - Hidden Star & Captive Star - these two go hand in hand - they are about 2 of 3 blue diamonds the size of a baby's fist (called the Stars of Mithra), what they represent, why they have been split up. Murder, romance, mystery, humor, in each story. Good Read.
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Overall these two books were decent reads. Definitely entertaining. But the speed of the relationships in both were . . . unsettling. To say the least. When authors do that all I feel is indignation, disbelief and irritation, which, I'm assuming, is not the desired reaction.
Nora Roberts always draws one into her books. As with many of her romance books, it is a chance for me to get absorb in a book and enjoy the journey but I don't have many questions that arise from it. It is a suspenseful, romantic collection.
I found these stories good, but not quite what I thought they would be. I especially enjoyed the story of Bailey and Cade. While M.J. and Jake are great I liked the ease of the first story.
let me start by saying that I am absolutely in love with Nora Roberts...but this book was definitely not her best. the writing was so simplistic, it was almost juvenile. most definitely wasn't a fan.
I quite enjoyed these 2, looking forward to the 3rd. Liked the widely different personalities. Was a fun read that made love-at-first-sight seem believable :-)
I am so disappointed with how this book ended. It was as if Ms. Roberts decided a page count that she wanted to achieve and then wrote to that point and ended the book.
I prefer the longer novels to these Harlequin re-prints; however, her writing is as good as always. The stories just seem less developed and more abbreviated.
Susan Lee
Nora Roberts at her best... can't wait to read the last book of this trilogy. They should have bundled all 3 instead of just 2 =.=
Renu r  singh
i picked this up expecting pure romance but it was romantic suspense..... i like nora roberts way better when she is writing pure romance
Dawn Bass
Dec 10, 2007 Dawn Bass rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Holly
Once again I thought the series was awesome. The book leaves u on the edge of your seat. If u like this book, u will love the series
Not one of her best, but still good. I'm reading the third in the series now (secret star) so maybe it will finish strong?
Sep 06, 2008 Kristen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristen by: my mom
I liked this book alot because of the depth it went into about diamonds, a slight mystery. Easy read.
Pretty good. Same formula as all of them, but this one had a little intrigue and a little mystical twist.
I really enjoyed both of the stories and look forward to reading the third soon.
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • The Horsemaster's Daughter (Calhoun Chronicles #2)
  • Married In Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)
  • Slay Belles (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7.5)
  • Bold Destiny
  • Fire and Rain (Silhouette Desire, #546)
  • Bad Moon Rising
  • Goons 'n' Roses (Chanel, #2)
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • You're the One That I Haunt (Nicki Styx, #3)
  • The Strangling on the Stage (Fethering, #15)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1)
  • Alaska Hunt
  • Castles in the Mist (Akora, #3)
  • Linda Howard Collection #01: Midnight Rainbow/Diamond Bay
  • Beware Of Virtuous Women (Romney Marsh, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Stars of Mithra (3 books)
  • Hidden Star (Stars of Mithra, #1)
  • Captive Star (Stars of Mithra, #2)
  • Secret Star (Stars of Mithra, #3)