Start by marking “Lady Of The Trillium” as Want to Read:
Lady Of The Trillium

Lady Of The Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium #4)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,046 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Haramis—the White Lady—has lived several lifetimes as Archimage and Guardian of a land now abloom as Archimage and guardian of a land now abloom with the once rare, mystical Black Trillium. But now Haramis is plagued by disturbing dreams. Dreams that will drive her to seek a successor. And far away, in the Citadel of Ruwenda, a magical destiny awaits the young Princess Mik ...more
Published (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Of The Trillium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Of The Trillium

Tracy
I don’t know why I read Lady of the Trillium after my disappointments with the other books in this series. I guess I just wanted to see how things wound up. Or I’m a glutton for punishment, which is possible. I wasn’t too disappointed however – MZB’s style, I’ve always found, is easy to read, and she keeps a story moving, compared to her co-creators on the series.

The book picks up many decades after the last one and only Haramis, the Archmage of Ruwenda, is left alive of the sisters. She is sti
Ria
Nov 03, 2013 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another worthy follow up in the multi author partwork Trillium series, this one has some surprising twists and turns with some new characters cropping up but they are written in so well along with tying the ends up of older characters in preceding novels you just totally accept and absorb the new ones into this story.
This installment follows the story of the Archimage Lady Haramis, she is very old and sick and is fearing for the security of her land after her death.
This leads her to "snatch" a d
Mawgojzeta
While I generally enjoyed the book, I have issues.

If one is attempting the read these books (The Saga of the Trillium) in order, or, really, in any order, it becomes quite frustrating. The first two books in the series clearly follow one another. Not true for the final three. In fact, the final three totally disregard events in each others' books. Couldn't these women (May, Norton, Bradley) have taken an afternoon to read/skim/whatever the already published books before they went on to write the
Jewell Moreno
Jan 31, 2015 Jewell Moreno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth in the Trillium series. It follows the last living remaining triplet princess Haramis, as she chooses and trains her successor as Archmage, while dealing with devistating illness. Great characters, and good story. Mix between fantasy and sci fi, and Ms. Bradley created a real great characters with Makayla and Filion. Ending is a little graphic, so might not be for the faint of heart or very young. A beautiful well rounded story all around.
Arwen
Jun 04, 2016 Arwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last of the Trillium books, I kept putting off reading this one because after this there is no more. I have enjoyed every book in this series. It’s set in such an interesting fantasy world, with touches of science fiction, and there is obviously a fascinating back story to the world yet it’s only hinted at never told.

This story is about the last surviving sister from the other Trillium books. Haramis is the Arch-mage and her magic has prolonged her life long after her other sisters are gone.
Debbie
Jul 19, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, adventure
Book 4 in the Saga of the Trillium (a collaboration between Marion Zimmer Bradley, Andre Norton, and Julian May). This one is by Marion Zimmer Bradley. In publishing order, this one is book 4, but in terms of the story is more like book five.

Not as connected to the rest of the series, this installment leaves two of the three princesses behind and focuses on the aging Archmage, Haramis and her relationship with her successor, Princess Mikayla.

Focused more on misunderstandings between the old and
Sharon
Apr 25, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haramis, Anigel, and Kadiya unified the kingdom. Now Haramis needs a successor.
Maggie
Dec 05, 2015 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read
Mariana
Oct 12, 2014 Mariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Loved this story and I'm truly sad that I have yet to wait to read th rest of this series.
Lys
Jan 08, 2011 Lys rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Noioso e lentissimo, Haramis - nel Giglio Nero - era stata la protagonista che avevo preferito, ma questo seguito che s'incentra sull'apprendistato della giovane allieva di un'ormai ultracentenaria principessa è stata una gran delusione.
Catarina Alves de Sousa
I started reading this book a few years back. I'm not sure why I didn't finish though, as Marion Zimmer Bradley is one of my favourite writers. I made a commitment to myself to restart reading it later this year.
Hanna
Jul 26, 2011 Hanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting enough, but definitely not Bradley's best. The dialogue just seemed too false and simple.
Theresa
Jul 28, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
an addition of the story of the black trillium that centers on one of the three sisters
Frank Taranto
Nov 01, 2009 Frank Taranto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Read this after reading Black Trillium as Bradley is my favorite of the three authors.
Kalyn
May 03, 2008 Kalyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
I do like how they split off, and while not my favourite sister, still a good read.
Gretchen
Apr 21, 2011 Gretchen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of print now. Found this in an upstate library randomly. Not bad at all.
Celeste Batchelor
Jul 17, 2008 Celeste Batchelor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Anther good read from Marion Zimmer Bradley.
Maddalena
molto, molto meglio del giglio nero!!!
Jacqueline
Extra 1/2 star.
Sarah Church
Sarah Church rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
biltung
biltung marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2016
Lynn
Lynn added it
Aug 21, 2016
Matthew Odle
Matthew Odle marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Jesse Switzer
Jesse Switzer rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Raewynn
Raewynn rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
  • Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)
  • Ravens of Avalon (Avalon #6)
  • Gli ultimi incantesimi
  • Dragons: Worlds Afire
  • The Grey Mane of Morning
  • The Third God
  • The Veil of a Thousand Tears (The Pearl Saga, #2)
  • Le torri di cenere
  • Sword and Sorceress 24
  • The Northern Girl (Chronicles of Tornor, #3)
  • Sorcerer's Moon (Boreal Moon, #3)
  • Hyperversum (Hyperversum, #1)
  • Flight into Darkness (Alchymist's Legacy, #2)
  • Return to Avalon
  • The Magicians of Night (Sun-Cross, #2)
  • Dhiammara (Artefacts of Power, #4)
  • Anders. Der Thron von Tiernan (Anders, #3)
  • Pigs Don't Fly  (Pigs Don't Fly, #2)
Marion Eleanor Zimmer Bradley was an American author of fantasy novels such as The Mists of Avalon and the Darkover series, often with a feminist outlook.

Bradley's first published novel-length work was Falcons of Narabedla, first published in the May 1957 issue of Other Worlds. When she was a child, Bradley stated that she enjoyed reading adventure fantasy authors such as Henry Kuttner, Edmond Ham
More about Marion Zimmer Bradley...

The Saga of the Trillium (5 books)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Golden Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #3)
  • Sky Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #5)