Start by marking “Feminist Fantasies” as Want to Read:
Feminist Fantasies

Feminist Fantasies

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  17 reviews
No assault has been more ferocious than feminism's forty-year war against women. And no battlefield leader has been more courageous than Phyllis Schlafly. In a new book of dispatches from the front, feminism's most potent foe exposes the delusions and hypocrisy behind a movement that has cheated millions of women out of their happiness, health, and security.

Phyllis Schlaf

Published February 1st 2003 by Spence Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Feminist Fantasies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feminist Fantasies

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne1984 by George OrwellThe Strange Career of Jim Crow by C. Vann WoodwardThe Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson
Witch Hunts
56th out of 115 books — 20 voters
Domestic Tranquility by F. Carolyn GragliaHow to Choose a Husband by Suzanne VenkerThe Flipside of Feminism by Suzanne VenkerFeminist Fantasies by Phyllis SchlaflyManning Up by Kay S. Hymowitz
Conservative Women's Books
4th out of 13 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Kira
Apr 22, 2012 Kira marked it as to-read
"Like communism, feminism has been a catastrophe for the people it was meant to help."

Okay, okay. This coming from a book written by the same maniac who said, "By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape."

This also coming from a female politician who, without the tireless work of the feminist movement, would not be a female politician.

Sexism I can deal with. I can understand that nurture breeds it, and reason it out logically. But there is absolut
Nathan
Nov 25, 2008 Nathan rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody
I started this book in an honest attempt at understanding more about the feminist movement. (I am curious to compare the movement aims with the recent achievements of Hillary Clinton.) However, this book is not an honest appraisal of the feminist movement, and instead denigrates women in general. The hard-hitting "evidence" used to back up the ridiculous claims were quotes from movies and the synopsis of characters from TV shows. (stuff like: "Jessie's character on Melrose Place proves feminists ...more
Dionne
Phyllis Schlafly is an accomplished woman that has been largely ignored by the world at large because she doesn't have the "correct" views as a woman. Kind of like, Clarence Thomas doesn't have the "correct" views for a black man. You aren't supposed to be a woman or a minority and be a conservative. Yet, that is what Schlafly dares to be, and she's been a very successful woman after raising her children.

Schlafly makes some great points in this book about the downfalls of the feminist movement.
Dominique Dunford
I would give 5 out of 5, if I was conservative, but I don't believe in all of the conservative concepts. But, what did make this book great was that I had a good reason to consider the other side and I do agree that the feminist viewpoint to a certain extent can make women reconsider and/or confuse spiritual and familial values that they may have once believed true or the opportunity to cultivate these values.
Melissa
Counter argument to The Feminine Mystique with logic and better reasoned arguments. Addresses the true nature of women and not trying to take what's natural away from them.
The American Conservative
'Getting inside another person’s head is not one of Schlafly’s talents. This is no loss. She already has more talents than one person could be expected to bear.
All that Schlafly admires in Scarlett we can admire in her. American women owe Schlafly a great debt for her own strong will and determination. Without her we would now be dealing with the clumsy aftermath of the ERA, and all the myriad problems that, without Schlafly’s help, we would not have foreseen. She’s an unusual woman, with a stro
AJ
I read this book a few years ago after reading several books written by feminists that I thought were whiny and where the most compelling argument I found was "men are mean to me!" I believe in women's rights and that women should have the same opprotunities and freedoms that men enjoy. Apparently Mrs. Schlafly disagrees.

Her arguments are weak and filled with malice and nonsensical diatribes, not to mention the hypocrisy of them considering that she was a working mother (writing books and going
Maria Calhoun
Apr 09, 2007 Maria Calhoun rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every Women
Shelves: to-finish
I started this book a while ago and got off track reading in. But from the mother of anti-feminism is a great collection of Mrs. Schlafly's work over the years. She addresses every issue. She is an amazing women and I am excited about what I have read so far.
Brandon
I was reading this book at school once and someone saw the title and thought it was a book of erotica. I wish!
Traveller
Apr 23, 2012 Traveller marked it as to-read
Phyllis Schlafly must have been the model for "Fred"'s wife in The Handmaid's Tale.
Dinjolina
Apr 22, 2012 Dinjolina marked it as avoid

I am forever in awe of people with influence- politicians, actors, authors, any kind of public figures – that kind of bang their fist on a table and vocally dismiss a very layered topic in one measly sentence that is not corroborated by anything.

Mixing communism and feminism in the same beath is cringe worthy. Using communism as an example of common ground for feminism?
Pure arrogance.
It is a uppity way of telli
Sheryl Tribble

This book, like all of Schlafly’s that I've read, is a collection of articles, in this case mostly from her newsletter and thus 2 pages long. If you like that sort of thing, it's pretty well done -- organized by subject, with little repetition for the most part, and the writing is entertaining enough. On the downside, the book tends more historical than current; I thought the ERA over discussed, for instance, to the point where I would have inserted a historical overview to place some of the ess
Jim Johnson
The author was wrong about so much that I'd have to question the things she wrote that were seemingly correct. This book was one giant straw man logical fallacy with no substance or validity to the claims.
Lana Glover
A good compilation of Mrs. Schafly's articles, writings and speeches.
Elizabeth
Ayeshah
Aside from her infrequent criticism of "Mozlem" ways & her clear endorsement of Israel, this is one truly wise woman!
Fanficfan44
Well written and researched book
Nour Khater
Nour Khater marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Ana Rînceanu
Ana Rînceanu marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
William Lee
William Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kammie De lathouder
Kammie De lathouder marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Henry Brown
Henry Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Ally H
Ally H marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Kathleen D'urso
Kathleen D'urso marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Christa
Christa marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
American constitutional lawyer, conservative activist, author.

She is known for her staunch social and political conservatism, her opposition to modern feminism, and her successful campaign against ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.

Her 1964 book A Choice, Not an Echo was issued in millions of copies as an attack on Nelson Rockefeller and the Eastern Republican Establishment.
More about Phyllis Schlafly...
No Higher Power The Supremacists A Choice Not An Echo Child Abuse in the Classroom A Choice Not an Echo: Updated and Expanded 50th Anniversary Edition