Start by marking “Feminist Fantasies” as Want to Read:
Feminist Fantasies

Feminist Fantasies

No assault has been more ferocious than feminism's forty-year war against women. And no battlefield leader has been more courageous than Phyllis Schlafly. In a new book of dispatches from the front, feminism's most potent foe exposes the delusions and hypocrisy behind a movement that has cheated millions of women out of their happiness, health, and security.

Phyllis Schlaf

Published February 5th 2003 by Spence Publishing Company (first published February 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Feminist Fantasies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feminist Fantasies

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne1984 by George OrwellThe Strange Career of Jim Crow by C. Vann WoodwardThe Crucible by Arthur Miller
Witch Hunts
50th out of 107 books — 21 voters
Domestic Tranquility by F. Carolyn GragliaChasing Liberty by Theresa LindenThe Flipside of Feminism by Suzanne VenkerHow to Choose a Husband by Suzanne VenkerFeminist Fantasies by Phyllis Schlafly
Conservative Women's Books
5th out of 14 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Nov 25, 2008 Nathan rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
I started this book in an honest attempt at understanding more about the feminist movement. (I am curious to compare the movement aims with the recent achievements of Hillary Clinton.) However, this book is not an honest appraisal of the feminist movement, and instead denigrates women in general. The hard-hitting "evidence" used to back up the ridiculous claims were quotes from movies and the synopsis of characters from TV shows. (stuff like: "Jessie's character on Melrose Place proves feminists ...more
Sep 10, 2016 (ha)Ley marked it as hell-no
Edit September 2016: Ding dong, the witch is dead! Forgive me if I sound like a cold-hearted asshole but I'm not sorry she's gone. This woman was terrible for women and for America, and this country's better off without her. This Youtube video expresses my thoughts perfectly:

From September 2015: WHAT IS THIS SHIT. I CAN'T EVEN.
Apr 22, 2012 Dinjolina marked it as avoid

Like communism, feminism has been a catastrophe for the people it was meant to help.

I am forever in awe of people with influence- politicians, actors, authors, any kind of public figures – that kind of bang their fist on a table and vocally dismiss a very layered topic in one measly sentence that is not corroborated by anything.

Mixing communism and feminism in the same beath is cringe worthy. Using communism as an example of common ground for feminism?
Pure arrogance.
It is a uppity way of telli
Maria Calhoun
Apr 09, 2007 Maria Calhoun rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Women
Shelves: to-finish
I started this book a while ago and got off track reading in. But from the mother of anti-feminism is a great collection of Mrs. Schlafly's work over the years. She addresses every issue. She is an amazing women and I am excited about what I have read so far.
Jim Johnson
Apr 27, 2015 Jim Johnson rated it did not like it
The author was wrong about so much that I'd have to question the things she wrote that were seemingly correct. This book was one giant straw man logical fallacy with no substance or validity to the claims.
Jan 12, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Counter argument to The Feminine Mystique with logic and better reasoned arguments. Addresses the true nature of women and not trying to take what's natural away from them.
Apr 23, 2012 Traveller marked it as to-read
Phyllis Schlafly must have been the model for "Fred"'s wife in The Handmaid's Tale.
Feb 13, 2014 AJ rated it did not like it
I read this book a few years ago after reading several books written by feminists that I thought were whiny and where the most compelling argument I found was "men are mean to me!" I believe in women's rights and that women should have the same opprotunities and freedoms that men enjoy. Apparently Mrs. Schlafly disagrees.

Her arguments are weak and filled with malice and nonsensical diatribes, not to mention the hypocrisy of them considering that she was a working mother (writing books and going
Jan 16, 2010 Dionne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Phyllis Schlafly is an accomplished woman that has been largely ignored by the world at large because she doesn't have the "correct" views as a woman. Kind of like, Clarence Thomas doesn't have the "correct" views for a black man. You aren't supposed to be a woman or a minority and be a conservative. Yet, that is what Schlafly dares to be, and she's been a very successful woman after raising her children.

Schlafly makes some great points in this book about the downfalls of the feminist movement.
Dominique Dunford
Jan 09, 2013 Dominique Dunford rated it really liked it
I would give 5 out of 5, if I was conservative, but I don't believe in all of the conservative concepts. But, what did make this book great was that I had a good reason to consider the other side and I do agree that the feminist viewpoint to a certain extent can make women reconsider and/or confuse spiritual and familial values that they may have once believed true or the opportunity to cultivate these values.
Feb 21, 2009 Brandon rated it liked it
I was reading this book at school once and someone saw the title and thought it was a book of erotica. I wish!
The American Conservative
'Getting inside another person’s head is not one of Schlafly’s talents. This is no loss. She already has more talents than one person could be expected to bear.
All that Schlafly admires in Scarlett we can admire in her. American women owe Schlafly a great debt for her own strong will and determination. Without her we would now be dealing with the clumsy aftermath of the ERA, and all the myriad problems that, without Schlafly’s help, we would not have foreseen. She’s an unusual woman, with a stro
Sep 05, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is the best book. I recommend it to everyone!
Sheryl Tribble
Sep 06, 2015 Sheryl Tribble rated it it was ok

This book, like all of Schlafly’s that I've read, is a collection of articles, in this case mostly from her newsletter and thus each is 2 pages long. If you like that sort of thing, it's pretty well done -- organized by subject, with little repetition for the most part, and the writing is entertaining enough. On the downside, the book tends more historical than current; I thought the ERA over discussed, for instance, to the point where I would have inserted a historical overview to place some of
Mar 27, 2015 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Shelves: get-again
May 28, 2012 Ayeshah rated it liked it
Aside from her infrequent criticism of "Mozlem" ways & her clear endorsement of Israel, this is one truly wise woman!
Lana Glover
Dec 13, 2014 Lana Glover rated it really liked it
A good compilation of Mrs. Schafly's articles, writings and speeches.
Apr 20, 2013 Fanficfan44 rated it really liked it
Well written and researched book
MrsRK rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Iries Hooper
Iries Hooper marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2016
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Mulli rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2016
Samantha marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Adam Spivey
Adam Spivey marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Sidra marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Abigail Wiren
Abigail Wiren marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Baylee marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Daniel marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Phyllis Schlafly (1924-2016) was an American constitutional lawyer, conservative activist, and author.

She was known for her staunch social and political conservatism, her opposition to modern feminism, and her successful campaign against the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment in the 1970s.

More about Phyllis Schlafly...