Start by marking “Kiki's Blankie” as Want to Read:
Kiki's Blankie

Kiki's Blankie

With her adored polka-dot blankie in hand, Kiki can do and be anything she wants. In a flash, it transforms her into a cowgirl, a pirate, even a superhero with a cape! So when the blankie blows away, Kiki will do anything to get it back…even face a very scary crocodile.

Janie Bynum’s irresistible heroine proves that love makes us brave and strong—even when we don’t have our
Published April 7th 2009 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Kiki's Blankie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiki's Blankie

Taylor Kundel-Gower
Jun 05, 2015 Taylor Kundel-Gower rated it really liked it
Kiki is feisty and adorable!
Ms. Jeane
Feb 23, 2017 Ms. Jeane rated it liked it
This book I thought might not be quite engaging enough for Blanket Storytime, but I did keep it to read to my daughter for bedtime and she seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.
Meghan Hunt
Jan 25, 2013 Meghan Hunt rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
September Michaud
Oct 30, 2015 September Michaud rated it really liked it
Kid's book by Janie Bynum, Dallas author, is the story of a Kiki, a monkey who has a strong attachment to her blankie. The story begins by showing all of the things Kiki can do with her blankie. Soon, she loses the blankie and it lands on a branch above an crocodile. Kiki summons her courage to create a plan and saves her blankie, washes it, and goes to sleep.

Large, focused pictures that tell the story. Light text. Would use for as a selection for preschool story time. Not very rhyming or singso
Bridget R. Wilson
Sep 18, 2009 Bridget R. Wilson rated it liked it
Kiki and her blankie are inseparable. They go everywhere together and have great adventures. When Kiki looses her blankie, she risks life and limb to retrieve it.

What I Thought: What a cute book. The subject will be near and dear to many hearts. I especially liked the part where Kiki’s blanket got a bath. Little ones are loath to give up there blankets to the washing machine. Seeing that Kiki does without qualm may make it easier for them.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Kiki's blanket goes everywhere Kiki goes. Her blanket shares her adventures and helps with her creative play. The blanket is more than a blanket. It is a sail, a bandana, a napkin, and more. But trouble happens when a gust of wind blows blankie away.

Theme: blankets
Additional themes: monkeys, crocodiles, imagination

Reviewed from a library book.
Kristen
Jul 29, 2016 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This was a cute book. Nothing outstanding, but it was fun to read before bed. My daughter likes monkeys, so she enjoyed seeing with Kiki did with her blankie on every page. I liked that it showed how to use your imagination.

The pictures were fairly simple and the text wasn't hard either. It's a good book for young readers.
Tricia
May 01, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
Cute story about a monkey and her attachment to her blanket. It takes a little bit of imagination to enjoy the ending, but after all---kids do have imaginations, don't they? Will use for May OR with younger group--expect that they will enjoy the adventure of the monkey as she uses her blanket in different ways as she plays.
Erin
Jun 11, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it
Simple book about a monkey named Kiki and her blankie. They do everything together! What will Kiki do when Blankie gets stuck in a tree above an alligator? Will she find the courage to jump up and get it? You'll have to read it to find out.

Good for toddler or preschool storytimes.
Cassandra
Jan 09, 2010 Cassandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This book is a cute story about a monkey named Kiki who lost her favorite blanket. Kiki must find a way to get her blanket from the top of a tree with a sleeping crocodile beneath. The illustrations are great and the story is cute especially if your little girl loves monkeys.
Alisa
Mar 21, 2011 Alisa rated it really liked it
Even though my son isn't a huge fan of the blankie sometimes, this book is about a cute little monkey that uses her blankie for everything! When her blankie flies away, she does all to find it! Mostly it's just fun to say Kiki.
Christine Turner
Jul 24, 2009 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
Kiki the monkey has many daring adventures with her polka-dot "blankie," but when it sails away without her and lands above a sleeping crocodile, she may not be brave enough to come to the rescue. www.hcpl.net
Sam Bloom
Apr 13, 2009 Sam Bloom rated it liked it
This is a cute book, but a semi-ridiculous ending sort of ruins it. Not that everything that happens in a children's picture book be entirely plausible, but flying monkeys in an otherwise "realistic" story kind of kill it for me.
MissInformation
Jul 14, 2009 MissInformation rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
"Kiki never goes anywhere without her blankie." It sets her imagination free to be a cowgirl, sailor, to fly, etc. One day blankie must be rescued from a crocodile- but how will she be brave without her blankie?

Cute, repetitive, and fun. Good for Story time.
Cara
Jan 20, 2010 Cara rated it really liked it
The boys loved this one... especially Aydin!
Shannon
Jan 28, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Cute, imaginative story. My 4-year old love it!
Joan Marie
Jan 25, 2016 Joan Marie rated it really liked it
Kiki loves her blankie and doesn't go anywhere without it, even in her dreams.
Molly
May 08, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing

I myself am a blankie girl and would have done anything to keep my blankie near me. I love Kiki and think this is great for a blankie kid. Ages 3+
Melissa
Apr 30, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: carl-2010
Since Carl has a blankie and also a snuggly animal he calls Kiki, my mom had to get him this book when she saw it. And he loves it! Squeals and laughs out loud. So cute!
Stories & Songs: Bedtime/Blankets
Heather
Jan 12, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
Adorable illustrations, okay text, and imaginative ideas for a child who is attached to his or her own blankie
Kate
Great at holding the attention of a two year old.
Jessi
Jan 24, 2013 Jessi rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, storytime
I got several laughs at Kiki's antics and even some gasps when the crocodile came on the scene in storytime. Fun story and great, clean, bright illustrations.
Paula
Tori Walker
Apr 25, 2013 Tori Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
We picked this book up from the library yesterday and it has been read at least 20 times already. My son loves Kiki!
Megan
Apr 25, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: blankets, monkeys
the things you can do with a blanket!
Tanya
Dec 23, 2012 Tanya rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This simple book gets a high review for its similarity to Son's love of his "denden." As his father said, "Is there anything that denden cannot do?" And the same of Kiki's blankie.
DJ
Mar 20, 2013 DJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shayla-s-books
Cutest book ever! Kiki loves her blankie!
Edna
A truly delightful story accompanied by sweet illustrations about little Kiki's adventures and feelings for her "security" blankie.
Michelle
Nov 29, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
So many kids have a blanket or toy that they are really attached to. This picture book beautifully illustrates where imagination and a beloved blanket can take a child.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Biggest Kiss
  • Moo!
  • Elecopter
  • How To Be Friends with a Dragon
JANIE BYNUM is the author-illustrator of several books for children, including ALTOONA BABOONA. She says, "When I sat down to write Nutmeg and Barley, I was thinking about how opposites tend to attract. I also wanted to explore the consequences of miscommunication -- so common in all types of relationships. Finally, and probably most important, Nutmeg and Barley is about how friends nurture each o ...more
More about Janie Bynum...