Kiki's Blankie

Kiki's Blankie

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  28 reviews
With her adored polka-dot blankie in hand, Kiki can do and be anything she wants. In a flash, it transforms her into a cowgirl, a pirate, even a superhero with a cape! So when the blankie blows away, Kiki will do anything to get it back…even face a very scary crocodile.

Janie Bynum’s irresistible heroine proves that love makes us brave and strong—even when we don’t have our...more
Published April 7th 2009 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Kiki's Blankie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiki's Blankie

Erin
Simple book about a monkey named Kiki and her blankie. They do everything together! What will Kiki do when Blankie gets stuck in a tree above an alligator? Will she find the courage to jump up and get it? You'll have to read it to find out.

Good for toddler or preschool storytimes.
Mary Wirt
Kiki goes everywhere with her blankie. Kiki can be and do anything with her blankie. But when her blankie flies away, Kiki must be brave to get it back.
Meghan Hunt
Feb 20, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Bedtime/Blankets
Shannon
Cute, imaginative story. My 4-year old love it!
Bridget R. Wilson
Kiki and her blankie are inseparable. They go everywhere together and have great adventures. When Kiki looses her blankie, she risks life and limb to retrieve it.

What I Thought: What a cute book. The subject will be near and dear to many hearts. I especially liked the part where Kiki’s blanket got a bath. Little ones are loath to give up there blankets to the washing machine. Seeing that Kiki does without qualm may make it easier for them.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Kiki's blanket goes everywhere Kiki goes. Her blanket shares her adventures and helps with her creative play. The blanket is more than a blanket. It is a sail, a bandana, a napkin, and more. But trouble happens when a gust of wind blows blankie away.

Theme: blankets
Additional themes: monkeys, crocodiles, imagination

Reviewed from a library book.
Tricia
Cute story about a monkey and her attachment to her blanket. It takes a little bit of imagination to enjoy the ending, but after all---kids do have imaginations, don't they? Will use for May OR with younger group--expect that they will enjoy the adventure of the monkey as she uses her blanket in different ways as she plays.
Cassandra
This book is a cute story about a monkey named Kiki who lost her favorite blanket. Kiki must find a way to get her blanket from the top of a tree with a sleeping crocodile beneath. The illustrations are great and the story is cute especially if your little girl loves monkeys.
MissInformation
"Kiki never goes anywhere without her blankie." It sets her imagination free to be a cowgirl, sailor, to fly, etc. One day blankie must be rescued from a crocodile- but how will she be brave without her blankie?

Cute, repetitive, and fun. Good for Story time.
Sam Bloom
This is a cute book, but a semi-ridiculous ending sort of ruins it. Not that everything that happens in a children's picture book be entirely plausible, but flying monkeys in an otherwise "realistic" story kind of kill it for me.
Alisa
Even though my son isn't a huge fan of the blankie sometimes, this book is about a cute little monkey that uses her blankie for everything! When her blankie flies away, she does all to find it! Mostly it's just fun to say Kiki.
Christine Turner
Kiki the monkey has many daring adventures with her polka-dot "blankie," but when it sails away without her and lands above a sleeping crocodile, she may not be brave enough to come to the rescue. www.hcpl.net
Tanya
This simple book gets a high review for its similarity to Son's love of his "denden." As his father said, "Is there anything that denden cannot do?" And the same of Kiki's blankie.
Melissa
Since Carl has a blankie and also a snuggly animal he calls Kiki, my mom had to get him this book when she saw it. And he loves it! Squeals and laughs out loud. So cute!
Sunnyvale Librarian
Kiki is an adorable little monkey who loves her blankie and never goes anywhere without it, but when the wind blows it away, she has to figure out how to get it back.
Michelle
So many kids have a blanket or toy that they are really attached to. This picture book beautifully illustrates where imagination and a beloved blanket can take a child.
Jessi
I got several laughs at Kiki's antics and even some gasps when the crocodile came on the scene in storytime. Fun story and great, clean, bright illustrations.
Molly

I myself am a blankie girl and would have done anything to keep my blankie near me. I love Kiki and think this is great for a blankie kid. Ages 3+
Edna
A truly delightful story accompanied by sweet illustrations about little Kiki's adventures and feelings for her "security" blankie.
Tori Walker
We picked this book up from the library yesterday and it has been read at least 20 times already. My son loves Kiki!
Jenny
We loved this, my little one was in tears at the thought of returning it to the library.
Cara
The boys loved this one... especially Aydin!
Don-jill Franklin
Cutest book ever! Kiki loves her blankie!
Kate Mowery
Great at holding the attention of a two year old.
Geni
Fun Imaginative. Story about "loveys"-Knuffbunny
Tina
monkeys, blankets, comfort objects
Megan
the things you can do with a blanket!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
JANIE BYNUM is the author-illustrator of several books for children, including ALTOONA BABOONA. She says, "When I sat down to write Nutmeg and Barley, I was thinking about how opposites tend to attract. I also wanted to explore the consequences of miscommunication -- so common in all types of relationships. Finally, and probably most important, Nutmeg and Barley is about how friends nurture each o...more
More about Janie Bynum...
Otis Nutmeg and Barley: A Budding Friendship Altoona Baboona Pig Enough The Twelve Days of Christmas in Texas