Start by marking “Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms” as Want to Read:

Published February 10th 2009 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms

Kathryn
Sweet illustrations and a nice story about friendship and watching out for one another's well-being, but this doesn't sparkle near as bright as Fletcher and the Falling Leaves. Maybe if it wasn't done by the same team, I would have given this four stars, but when compared to their other gem, it just falls flat.
Lisa Vegan
Oct 26, 2009 Lisa Vegan rated it liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Chandra
Well, I didn’t like this nearly as much as Fletcher and the Falling Leaves but I enjoyed meeting up with Fletcher the fox again and the illustrations remain lovely. I would recommend this one for young children, although the autumn book was both superior and a bit more complex.

Fletcher once again gets confused by the change of seasons and once again tries to be helpful. This time he warns all his animal friends (animals not normally friendly with each other in real life) about the snow that’s in
Traci Bold
Jul 07, 2016 Traci Bold rated it it was amazing
'FLETCHER AND THE SPRINGTIME BLOSSOMS' is a sweet book about making an easy wrong assumption and the outcome of such assumption.

Written by Julia Rawlinson, illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke and published by Greenwillow Books.

#animals #springtime #blossoms
Mellanie C
Jun 20, 2017 Mellanie C rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet little romp about a fox who mistakes falling blossoms for snow and gets the rest of the animals all agitated.
Ashley
May 20, 2017 Ashley rated it it was ok
The illustrations are very pretty, but the story is boring and the writing felt stilted. It did not hold my daughter's interest.
Myla
Mar 09, 2017 Myla rated it it was amazing
Adorable story with gorgeous illustrations.
Rachel
Jun 05, 2017 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: laurie-books, june-17
Really enjoyed this book! Great book to read to a child who has allergies to make them smile away their sniffles.
Nicole
Sep 07, 2012 Nicole rated it it was ok
This children’s book, by Julia Rawlinson, is all about a very confused fox who thinks that it has just started snowing in the spring. He was playing in the orchard when he looked up and saw white everywhere. He quickly went home to tell all his friends that they better start planning for winter right away because it has come early this year. He ends up going to tell the birds, the porcupine, the bunnies and the squirrel and everyone is worried because they have lots of planning to do and they ha ...more
Baby Bookworm
Sep 15, 2016 Baby Bookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello everyone! Today, we read Fletcher And The Springtime Blossoms, written by Julia Rawlinson and illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke. This is a wonderfully sweet story about a little fox and his world as it changes from winter to spring.

Fletcher is on his way to the orchard when he sees a flurry of white in the air. Realizing that winter might not be over yet, he rushes off to warn his friends of the coming snow so they can prepare. But when they return to the orchard for one more frolic in the flo
Kelsey
May 15, 2014 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Fletcher runs to tell the birds, porcupine, squirrel and the rabbits that a spring snow has come. The cumulative tale finds all the animals back in the orchard. They discover the snow was actually tree blossoms. They rib Fletcher lightly and play in the blossoms. Children will laugh at Fletcher's silly mistake and will be relieved and that the animals are safe from snow. The book could run a little long for some children. It would be appropriate for teaching vocabulary about different kinds of a ...more
Candice
Apr 16, 2011 Candice rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
Fletcher the fox is happy that spring is here. "The woods were full of the chirping, bustling, singsong sounds of spring." Fletcher tumbles happily down the hill into the sunny orchard only to find - snow flakes! Fletcher tells all the other animals that are preparing for spring about the snow, but soon finds out he was mistaken. Sweet pastel illustrations and lots of descriptive adjectives make this a good springtime book to read to toddlers.
Trisha Hope
Jan 09, 2016 Trisha Hope rated it it was amazing
Fletcher is a very curious little fox. He had no idea that the white stuff falling from the sky was flower blossoms instead of snow. Although he did show worry for his friends. He did do a good job in letting them all know to prepare again for winter. I liked this story. It was very cute and up beat. The final page of the story, however, was my favorite because of the textured paper and glitter that was embedded into the paper.
Jaimee
Dec 07, 2012 Jaimee rated it liked it
This is a funny story about a silly fox who saw cherry blossoms falling and thought that it was still winter. He runs to warn everyone. Together they decide to go play in the snow before they go back into hibernation for the rest of the winter and realize its just cherry blossoms. Even though its just flowers they decide to play in them just like they would in snow. Its a cure story about nature and friendship with a little silly thrown in.
Tricia
Oct 27, 2010 Tricia rated it liked it
Emelia and I are huge Fletcher fans (easily Fletcher and the Falling Leaves is our fav). We enjoyed this title as well. Fletcher is confused over white blossoms that he believes to be an extension of winter and warns the woodland animals accordingly. This reads well aloud due to some repetition and an overall very cute story. We're awaiting the summer book, Ms. Rawlinson. Eagerly!
The Library Lady
Mar 26, 2009 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Once again, Fletcher gets confused by seasonal changes--he thinks that falling tree blossoms are snow and tries to get the animals to go back to their wintertime activities.
Cute enough, but somehow there's no sparkle to it--except the sparkle added to the final tree illustrations--and that's just a gimmick.
Mary Parker
Dec 04, 2016 Mary Parker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Once again, Julia has created a beautiful story for little Fletcher the Fox. This time, he thinks that it is snowing in the spring! So he is warning all of his friends that winter hasn't left yet, so they must go back into hibernation or fly south for the winter! But the snow isn't exactly what Fletcher thinks that it is...
babyhippoface
Jan 22, 2011 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
I love Fletcher the fox. He's the sweetest thing, thoughtful and innocent. I met him in Fletcher and the Falling Leaves, which remains my favorite, but this is a close second. Beautiful alliterative language, vibrant imagery, and lovely illustrations. Great read-aloud for PreK when learning about seasons.
Teresa
Sep 11, 2010 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Fletcher loves the spring time but to his surprise he sees snow in the springtime. He goes to tell all his friends about the snow so they can prepare for more snow. He friend he tells goes on to tell other friends to follow a sequence pattern. In the end the snow is really only white blossoms. All the friends play in the blossoms together.
Kayla
Apr 28, 2009 Kayla rated it liked it
Tiphanie Beeke is amazing, so of course the illustrations are lovely. Sadly, the story falls so far below Fletcher and the Falling Leaves that I actually considered giving it 2 stars. I had such high hopes...probably a more enjoyable read if you're not already a big Fletcher fan (now I feel like a huge dork).
MissInformation
Mar 23, 2009 MissInformation rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Fletcher the fox is happily enjoying Springtime weather, until he sees snow! He runs to warn the other animals of the forest that winter is still around, and they should not come out yet (birds should fly back south, etc.) But they notice something odd about this snow of Fletchers, and maybe Spring is here afterall....
Cassie
Mar 20, 2013 Cassie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-reads
What a delightful book with beautiful, calming illustrations and one that truly captures the feeling of spring. The ending is just breaktaking. The kids I read to this too for my storytime absolutely loved this book.
Salsabrarian
Feb 04, 2016 Salsabrarian rated it really liked it
Narrated by Katherine Kellgren. The sweetest take on the Chicken Little story. Kellgren infuses Fletcher with a breathless awe as spring blooms all around him while lilting classical music skips happily underneath.
Paul
Mar 01, 2012 Paul rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
I've had a change of heart about Fletcher since I read the fall book - still a little too cute but very human by standing upright, so kind of like a child with a fox's head. The falling petals and backgrounds bring Spring to life.
Dolly
May 08, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2010
This is a fun book with a Henny Penny theme. It has beautiful illustrations with impressionist landscapes and a syrupy sweet narrative that children love. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Leona
Apr 11, 2012 Leona rated it it was amazing
the most beautiful, impressionistic pictures give readers the feeling of spring blossoms and flowers. fletcher is so concerned that the white petals flying around mean snow and worries about the birds and butterflies getting too cold. his empathy and love match the warmth of the pictures.
Michael
Nov 26, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
This was a wonderfully illustrated book with simple, repetitive text perfect for younger readers. And the mystery of the springtime snow is fun, too, it made me want to pretend it was snowing at my house!
Katie
Jan 23, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
Cute story and illustrations, but not nearly as wonderful as Fletcher and the Falling Leaves.
Jennie
May 15, 2009 Jennie added it
Recommends it for: recommended
Recommended to Jennie by: H.P. at CPE
Fletcher the fox mistakes blossoms for snow. He quickly warns all the forest animals to prepare for winter again, not spring. Eventually, they all discover that the white blossoms are definitely not snow, but they are fun to play in. gr. K-4.
The Bookloft
Bookseller: Ev

The most endearing fox ever is back! As in Fletcher & The Falling Leaves, Fletcher's little-fox naivete and his love of the natural world in his neighborhood, come together in a dreamily illustrated, sweetly humorous tale,

Denise
Apr 22, 2015 Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This little fox is not as wise or wily as most stories about foxes go. The illustrations are adorable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Very Best Pumpkin
  • Tacky's Christmas (Tacky the Penguin)
  • If You Were a Penguin
  • The Imaginary Garden
  • Pierre the Penguin: A True Story
  • Chowder (A Chowder Book)
  • Too Many Pears!
  • The Sun Egg
  • Sweet Dreams Lullaby
  • The Thingamabob
  • Insect Detective
I grew up in London, close to Richmond Park - a beautiful deer park big enough to get lost in, where I got to know lots of the characters who have since popped up in my stories.

I have always loved writing poetry - I enjoy the sound and rhythm of words and the first things I published were poems. When I had my children I started writing stories for picture books, and my first book, Fred and the Lit
More about Julia Rawlinson...