Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms

Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Fletcher loves everything about spring: listening to the birds sing, smelling just-opened flowers, and playing chase with butterflies. But then Fletcher sees something he never expected to see in spring: snow. Oh, no!

But it turns out that spring has another surprise in store for Fletcher—a warm and wondrous one.

Jump into spring with Fletcher nd friends!
Published February 10th 2009 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms

The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck by Beatrix PotterFox by Margaret WildThe Tomten and the Fox by Astrid LindgrenThe Tale of Mr. Tod by Beatrix PotterRosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins
Picture books about foxes
68th out of 81 books — 21 voters
And Then It's Spring by Julie FoglianoSnow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit by Il Sung NaSpring Story by Jill BarklemSpring Thaw by Steven SchnurMother Earth and Her Children by Sibylle von Olfers
Picture Books About Spring
43rd out of 48 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
Sweet illustrations and a nice story about friendship and watching out for one another's well-being, but this doesn't sparkle near as bright as Fletcher and the Falling Leaves. Maybe if it wasn't done by the same team, I would have given this four stars, but when compared to their other gem, it just falls flat.
Lisa Vegan
Oct 30, 2009 Lisa Vegan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisa by: Chandra
Well, I didn’t like this nearly as much as Fletcher and the Falling Leaves but I enjoyed meeting up with Fletcher the fox again and the illustrations remain lovely. I would recommend this one for young children, although the autumn book was both superior and a bit more complex.

Fletcher once again gets confused by the change of seasons and once again tries to be helpful. This time he warns all his animal friends (animals not normally friendly with each other in real life) about the snow that’s in...more
Kelsey
Fletcher runs to tell the birds, porcupine, squirrel and the rabbits that a spring snow has come. The cumulative tale finds all the animals back in the orchard. They discover the snow was actually tree blossoms. They rib Fletcher lightly and play in the blossoms. Children will laugh at Fletcher's silly mistake and will be relieved and that the animals are safe from snow. The book could run a little long for some children. It would be appropriate for teaching vocabulary about different kinds of a...more
Nicole
This children’s book, by Julia Rawlinson, is all about a very confused fox who thinks that it has just started snowing in the spring. He was playing in the orchard when he looked up and saw white everywhere. He quickly went home to tell all his friends that they better start planning for winter right away because it has come early this year. He ends up going to tell the birds, the porcupine, the bunnies and the squirrel and everyone is worried because they have lots of planning to do and they ha...more
Candice
Apr 16, 2011 Candice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
Fletcher the fox is happy that spring is here. "The woods were full of the chirping, bustling, singsong sounds of spring." Fletcher tumbles happily down the hill into the sunny orchard only to find - snow flakes! Fletcher tells all the other animals that are preparing for spring about the snow, but soon finds out he was mistaken. Sweet pastel illustrations and lots of descriptive adjectives make this a good springtime book to read to toddlers.
Jaimee
This is a funny story about a silly fox who saw cherry blossoms falling and thought that it was still winter. He runs to warn everyone. Together they decide to go play in the snow before they go back into hibernation for the rest of the winter and realize its just cherry blossoms. Even though its just flowers they decide to play in them just like they would in snow. Its a cure story about nature and friendship with a little silly thrown in.
Tricia
Emelia and I are huge Fletcher fans (easily Fletcher and the Falling Leaves is our fav). We enjoyed this title as well. Fletcher is confused over white blossoms that he believes to be an extension of winter and warns the woodland animals accordingly. This reads well aloud due to some repetition and an overall very cute story. We're awaiting the summer book, Ms. Rawlinson. Eagerly!
Teresa
Fletcher loves the spring time but to his surprise he sees snow in the springtime. He goes to tell all his friends about the snow so they can prepare for more snow. He friend he tells goes on to tell other friends to follow a sequence pattern. In the end the snow is really only white blossoms. All the friends play in the blossoms together.
MissInformation
Fletcher the fox is happily enjoying Springtime weather, until he sees snow! He runs to warn the other animals of the forest that winter is still around, and they should not come out yet (birds should fly back south, etc.) But they notice something odd about this snow of Fletchers, and maybe Spring is here afterall....
Kayla
Tiphanie Beeke is amazing, so of course the illustrations are lovely. Sadly, the story falls so far below Fletcher and the Falling Leaves that I actually considered giving it 2 stars. I had such high hopes...probably a more enjoyable read if you're not already a big Fletcher fan (now I feel like a huge dork).
The Library Lady
Once again, Fletcher gets confused by seasonal changes--he thinks that falling tree blossoms are snow and tries to get the animals to go back to their wintertime activities.
Cute enough, but somehow there's no sparkle to it--except the sparkle added to the final tree illustrations--and that's just a gimmick.
babyhippoface
I love Fletcher the fox. He's the sweetest thing, thoughtful and innocent. I met him in Fletcher and the Falling Leaves, which remains my favorite, but this is a close second. Beautiful alliterative language, vibrant imagery, and lovely illustrations. Great read-aloud for PreK when learning about seasons.
Leona
the most beautiful, impressionistic pictures give readers the feeling of spring blossoms and flowers. fletcher is so concerned that the white petals flying around mean snow and worries about the birds and butterflies getting too cold. his empathy and love match the warmth of the pictures.
Jennie
May 15, 2009 Jennie added it
Recommends it for: recommended
Recommended to Jennie by: H.P. at CPE
Fletcher the fox mistakes blossoms for snow. He quickly warns all the forest animals to prepare for winter again, not spring. Eventually, they all discover that the white blossoms are definitely not snow, but they are fun to play in. gr. K-4.
Paul
I've had a change of heart about Fletcher since I read the fall book - still a little too cute but very human by standing upright, so kind of like a child with a fox's head. The falling petals and backgrounds bring Spring to life.
Cassie
What a delightful book with beautiful, calming illustrations and one that truly captures the feeling of spring. The ending is just breaktaking. The kids I read to this too for my storytime absolutely loved this book.
Dolly
Apr 16, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens
This is a fun book with a Henny Penny theme. It has beautiful illustrations with impressionist landscapes and a syrupy sweet narrative that children love. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Michael
This was a wonderfully illustrated book with simple, repetitive text perfect for younger readers. And the mystery of the springtime snow is fun, too, it made me want to pretend it was snowing at my house!
Edna
A rendition of The Sky is Falling with Fletcher the fox warning the other animals about snow falling in the orchards. All the forest animals are sweetly drawn in these simple, colorful illustrations.
Brynja Carlson
This one was a dissapointment after Fletcher and the Falling leaves. It really was nothing special. The art was still very nice, but the story was boring and way too repetitive.
Denise
I absolutely love Fletcher and the Falling Leaves, and I'm a little disappointed in this latest installment involving Fletcher. It's still a good book, just not as good as its predecessor.
Logan
We like Fletcher, but this one wasn't as fun as the Autumn and Christmas ones. It didn't have as much detail and it was more repetitive. Still cute, but not our favorite.
Tara
I love little Fletcher the fox! The illustrations are just darling! Fletcher mistakes the blossoms falling off the trees for snow but his friends set him straight! Very charming!
Molly
This was ok. It would work as a good spring book. And it would be a good read alike for The Little Red Hen. Very sweet and a little slow for me. Ages 4+
Bec
Just like the first Fletcher book this one too is sweet - a nice book to read with your kids
Ayana Mishelle
Fltecher thinks he sees snow but he is seeing blossoms this is a great book for sequencing.
Maren Prestegaard
We love Fletcher or rather the illustrator is beyond great. Tiphanie Beeke. Perfect.
Vi Louise
Cute children's picture book with accompanying audio. Light, springy and a fun read.
Debbie
A little fox mistakes white blossoms for snow and warns off all the animals.
Suzy
Jul 20, 2012 Suzy marked it as to-read
Companion to Fletcher and the Falling Leaves.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Hibernation Station
  • Rose's Garden
  • A Book of Sleep
  • Can't Sleep Without Sheep
  • Toy Dance Party (Toys #2)
  • Kitchen Dance
  • Fanny
Fletcher and the Falling Leaves Fletcher and the Snowflake Christmas Mule School A Surprise for Rosie Fred and the Little Egg