Start by marking “The Calhouns: Suzanna & Megan (Calhouns #4 & 5)” as Want to Read:
The Calhouns: Suzanna & Megan (Calhouns #4 & 5)

The Calhouns: Suzanna & Megan (The Calhouns #4-5 omnibus)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  6,582 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
The #1 New York Times bestselling author continues the saga of the Calhoun sisters, who are determined to save their magnificent family mansion in Maine against all odds. This two-in-one volume contains Suzanna's Surrender and Megan's Mate. Reissue.
Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Silhouette (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Calhouns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Calhouns

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
80th out of 211 books — 1,161 voters
The Witness by Nora RobertsVision in White by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Nora Roberts
27th out of 107 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Catherine
Suzanna's Surrender: 4 Stars

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this story. The previous three books felt a lot less engaging and polished than this one. I still had moments where I winced over how abrupt certain things were, but on the whole it was a lot smoother and the romance more convincing than the others were.

I found myself completely charmed by Holt. He was abrupt and impatient and used temper to cover his tender moments. I absolutely adored that about him. His reluctant carin
Elizabeth Furr
Oct 16, 2015 Elizabeth Furr rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed all 5 of the books in the series and it made me happy that the books were in chronological order. it allowed me to read what happened to the other sisters after their book was over. nora roberts did a great job intertwining all of the stories and by the end of the last book I was attached to all of the sisters, it made me happy and sad for the stories to come to an end
June
Oct 23, 2015 June rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Calhoun and Nora Roberts fans
Shelves: romance, ghost, adult
See other Calhoun review for Suzanna.

Megan moves into the Towers with the Calhouns. Sparks fly between Holt's partner and Megan. Megan still carries scars from Dumont and he isn't past threatening her.

I really enjoy Robert's portrayal of families, sibling relationships, and parent-child love.
Kathy Davie
Sep 24, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
These last two stories in the Calhoun Sisters series were a bit different from the first three. Neither Suzanna nor Megan were as accepting of their own foibles as CC, Amanda, or Lilah. Nor were their particular men wealthy.

I adored how very protective all their men were though! And both their approaches to romance were interestingly brash...snicker... Dumont got his...not as thoroughly as I would have liked but the family was very fair on him...dang it!

Aunt Coco has her own naughty niche and A
Shruti
Jan 10, 2016 Shruti rated it really liked it
This is my first Nora Roberts novel. It is cheesy, passionate and romantic. Quite predictable - all happy endings. I guess if you like this genre, this is a great read. It's fast and a feel good read.
Jen
Apr 06, 2015 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Suzanna's Surrender: Suzanna is a single mother of two who has returned to her childhood home of the Towers and is making a life for herself and her children, running a landscaping business. Searching for Bianca's lost emeralds has led her to her past. Finding out about Bianca's lover, Christian leads Suzanna to an old acquaintance, Holt Bradfor, Christian's grandson. Holt has returned to the island after ten years as a cop. He's been broken of his desire to help people after being almost killed ...more
Darling Fidzman
good ending
Maria
Aug 13, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I definitly think that Holt and Suzanna's story was my favorite and the most connected to Bianca and Christian story. I loved how Suzanna's life was similar to Bianca's in the way of a loveless, abusive marriage, and how Holt was Christian's gradson, and just like Christian wanted to save Bianca, Holt wants to save Suzanna. I love how tough he is andhow he tried not to show his weakness for Alex and Jenny and family. I love that Suzanna is the one to solve Bianca's mystery because she deserved i ...more
Cherise
Jul 11, 2008 Cherise rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Yes this is old Nora, but it is a great story. This was a reread for me and I enjoyed it the second time around very much.
This is the last 2 stories in the 5 that involve the Calhoun family.

In Suzanna's Surrender you finally get the oldest sisters story. She had a rough marriage and an even harder divorce. She is raising two kids and working hard at her own gardening business. She gets involved with ex-cop Holt Bradford, who was also the local bad boy in his teens. This is a great love story.
sakura_txell
Mar 25, 2015 sakura_txell rated it it was amazing
Segundas oportunidades en la historia de Suzanna, mi favorita de la serie entera. Me encanta ese reencuentro y cómo la llama de un amor de juventud revive de las brasas...
La historia de Megan es un aparte, puesto que lo único relevante que encuentro es que se explica cómo es la vida de las cuatro hermanas como esposas, madres y socias unos meses más tarde. Y, para postre, el amorío de la tía Coco... buenísimo.
Bridget
Feb 18, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Michelle
May 31, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I am currently reading Suzanna's Surrender by Nora Roberts.

Suzanna's Surrender
Nora Roberts
Contempory Romance
244 pages

Atop the rocky coast of Maine sits the Towers, a magnificent family mansion that is home to a legend of long-lost love, hidden emeralds -- and four sisters determined to save their home against all odds.

New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts brings you the Calhoun Women --

Suzanna's Surrender -- Burned-out and tired as hell, all ex-cop Holt Bradford wanted to do was relax.
Jane
Jun 09, 2016 Jane rated it liked it
I usually don't read 2 books in one and this is why. Took me forever to read it. I tried to read the other in this series which was also 2 books in one which was about Lilah and CC who are sisters to Suzanna but couldn't finish it. Megan is the sister of Sloan who is married to one of the sisters (can't remember who now) and was the lover of Suzanna's ex. It was a soap opera with all the goings on and subcharacters and how they were friends/relatives etc.

I love Nora Roberts and have read a lot
Peggy Hull
Suzanne story was great, loved the kids in this series, Megan's story could have been better, like what happened to Baxter? Did his political career go down the tube after Colleen made her phone call? was there really any justice for Megan and Suzanne? Over all not a bad series
Dawn
Jan 26, 2016 Dawn rated it liked it
Very Good
Suzanna Calhoun - gardener and Holt Bradford (Christian's son) - ex-cop fall in love
Megan O'Riley (Sloan's sister) had son by Suzanna's ex - accountant and Nathaniel Fury - sailor fall in love
Janet
Aug 24, 2016 Janet rated it liked it
I liked reading these books and i liked the way the characters concluded this five part story. suzanna's love story with holt and megan's with nate.
Kathy
Mar 15, 2016 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: n-roberts
Takes place in Maine.
Half a million dollars emerald necklace needed to be found.
Another treasure box also found - romance.
Mudpie
Feb 12, 2014 Mudpie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suzanna and Holt's story was lovely and in Nate and Megan's tale I love the parts of Nate with the kids. That building the deck scene was funny...
Jan 27, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
The best quote of the book: "Oh, no. An accident's something you wish hadn't happened. You were a gift."

Overall, I was crabby about how the men were violent in some ways but it was supposed to be excusable because they only did it out of love. But then they magically could control themselves? Also just that we think this should be the norm, sex out of wedlock.

But a good story, I liked that Colleen reminded me of the Dowager, and that the men were men and loved their women to be women.

It was a
Judi
Jul 31, 2015 Judi rated it it was amazing
Absolutely two of my favorite books!!! I will definitely have to get the other calhoun sister's book and read about the amazing romances and adventures there also!!
Jennifer Antony
Nov 25, 2015 Jennifer Antony rated it liked it
A fast reading book, the story like can be predicted along the storyline.
Crista Slade
Nov 09, 2014 Crista Slade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thrilled to find out some answers to questions that remained from previous books and really surprised to find out the last part wasn't what I thought it would be. There were still more surprises that I wasn't expecting!
Sassy
Jan 04, 2015 Sassy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good a a fast enjoyable read.
Liz Appelboim
Recommends it for: Romance and Mystery fans
Excellent books.
Melissa
May 04, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Savannah's story was good but Megan's kinda drug on.
Bev
Mar 31, 2015 Bev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Maggie
Mar 19, 2011 Maggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, paperbackswap
I sat down with this book and books 1-3 and read them back to back and in order and I think it was because of that that I enjoyed them so much. I really got into the story, the legends, the characters and stayed with it all to the end. I think if I had put time between the books I would have lost interest. Great books, sweet stories with just enough suspense and history to keep the books moving. I read all 5 books in 3 days so you could say that I was hooked.
April
Jul 05, 2014 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great ending to the Calhoun series!
Elizabeth
Jul 02, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I loved these 2 stories.

I liked how these two woman were saved until last. It seemed fitting.

The Tower, the emeralds found and romance in bloom. It was wonderful!

Again, Nora describes places, and you feel like your standing there, and can feel the wind in your hair as you stand on the cliffs.........smelling the water from the sea.

This book brought a perfect ending to the stories of the Sister's.

I enjoyed these stories!
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Day of Reckoning (Cascades Concealed #2)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Daniel's Desire
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • The Trouble with J.J.
  • Good Girls Don't
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)
  • Megan's Mate (Calhouns #5)

“Sometimes a wind comes up, blows you off course. You’re not ready for it, but if you’re lucky, you end up in a more interesting place than you’d planned. ” 144 likes
“She left the house and climbed into her pickup,
telling herself she would handle whatever needed to be handled.”
0 likes