Start by marking “The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  4,348 ratings  ·  110 reviews
FROM THE INCOMPARABLE MASTER OF ROMANCE NORA ROBERTS COMES TWO TALES OF HOLIDAY LOVE, AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A DECADE ...

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

After years of world travel, prizewinning reporter Jason Law returned home to New Hampshire. He had carried the memories of Faith Kirkpatrick, the girl he left behind, for ten years --- now he was determined to win back he...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasBy Proxy by Katy RegneryA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrThe Christmas Wish by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
147th out of 507 books — 620 voters
The Witness by Nora RobertsVision in White by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Nora Roberts
50th out of 102 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Lyndi
1.5 STARS I wouldn't have even written a review for this - out of season, two short stories by the same author... I was just going to rate it and move on. But I am so flabbergasted, I have to say something.

Home for Christmas was a cute little short story. No real complaints. It was good for what it was.

But the second story, All I Want for Christmas... are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME.

Nora Roberts is a fabulous writer. Even when I don't like her characters, I believe...more
Mrs. Doglvrs
Loved both of these little stories about love at Christmastime. :)
Both are about finding love or re-finding it and not just "the 2 of us" but ready made families.
It's always good when you finish a story with a big smile on your face.
Duncan Mandel

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts come two heartwarming Christmas stories of love and holiday magic.

AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRSTTIME

In Home for Christmas, prizewinning reporter Jason Law returns home to win back the woman who slipped through his fingers. And in All I Want for Christmas, Mac Taylor finds out the lengths to which his mischievous twin boys will go to find him the Christmas gift of new love.

Holiday Wishes includes a preview of J.D. Robb's Calculated i

P.A. Lupton
This book wasn't bad, wasn't great, but a good way to pass some time. It was kind of like an after school special.
Willow
Everything Nora Roberts writes is character-driven, which is why she's one of my favorites and is always a guaranteed good read. Her worst is better than some people's best, because she's just that good.

That being said, this had both.

Home For Christmas was one of my least favorite set-ups. Rebel without a cause here skipped town and his girlfriend, who he happened to have sex with once, because he needed to see the bright lights of the big city, and of course she couldn't come along because all...more
Dev
Home for Christmas
This short story was about 107 pages and centered on Jason Law and his ex-girlfriend, Faith Kirkpatrick. Jason’s been gone 10 years has decided it’s time to return home and try to win back the girl he left behind. Jason seemed to have been accepted back too easily and he really didn’t have to work hard to win back the girl or the rest of the town’s people. I wasn’t really that invested in the characters, or the story, for that matter. It was still Okay and had some cute moments...more
Jeanette
"Home for Christmas" - Jason left New Hampshire right out of high school & returned to his home after 10 years a pulitzer prize winning novelist. He finds the girl he left behind did not wait for him & a lot has happened in those 10 years. He is a hero & everyone is glad to see him again even though he was a troublesome youth being raised by his father who didn't have much use for him.

"The Gift" McCauley was left with twin boys at an early age & he had been hurt badly. He didn't...more
Arwen
A resounding meh. I can see why people like Roberts, and I can also see how I might get into reading her if I read a series with recurring characters (I'm a sucker for that) but this fell flat for me. Probably won't read any more of her stuff.
Melanie
Two Christmas stories by Nora Roberts. The 1st about a man who returns home after 10 years to find his high school sweetheart. Typical Nora Roberts stories.
HÜLYA
Nora Roberts'in kalemini gittiçe daha çok seviyorum.Hayat Bir Mucizedir Tam da öyle ikinci şans hikayesi idi..Özellikle gençlik aşklarını okumayı sevenlerin bu romanı daha da çok seveceğini inanıyorum..
Yıllar önce terkettiği kasabasına Noel tatili için geri dönen ünlü gazeteci Jason Law yarım kalan aşkı Faith Monroe'yu hiç unutamamıştı..
Onunla karşılaştığında da aralarındaki aşkın hiç de bitmediğini görünce şansını tekrar denemeye karar vermişti..Fakat Faith'in hala ona oldukça kırgın olduğunu g...more
Julia
This is my first Nora Roberts book, and I am not impressed. This is exactly like my mother's "romance novels" that I used to sneak-read when I was in middle school. Sappy and predictable and unrealistic. That was fine back when I was rather naive (although VC Andrews was on my radar by sixth grade), but now I like descriptive, nasty reads. I can't read this type of book anymore. The characters meet on page 5 and they're married in two weeks after sleeping together once. And they're both "plain b...more
Sharon
Two short love stories - At Home for Christmas - Pulitzer prize winning author Jason Law returns home, to the love of his life. And All I Want for Christmas - Mac Taylor's sons wish for "the Mom" for Christmas, and she walks into town as the new music teacher.

I usually enjoy everything Nora Roberts writes, and these stories were no exception. I loved all of the characters, especially the twins in All I Want for Christmas. The characters were believable and the story lines were plausible. This wa...more
Michele
Free on the cruise library, I was desperate. Easy read.....not stellar literature
Deirdre
Two stories set around Christmas, written by Nora Roberts during her Harlequin writing period, one published in 1986 and the other in 1994.

Jason Law returns from travel abroad wondering about the girl he left behind, Faith Kirkpatrick, she has responsibilities he has wanderlust but can the two of them have a satisfying resolution to their mutual desire?

Zeke and Zach are twins who want a new mother from santa Their teacher Miss Davis looks perfect, but can they convince their dad?

Oh yeah, they'r...more
Gloria

My first Nora Roberts novel!

Actually I got another edition, also including the story "gabriels' angel".

Home for christmas: the shortest story. A little predictable.
Gabriels' angel: the longest story, maybe too long. Also predictable.
All I want for christmas: not too long, not too short. Refreshing plot, actually. Kind of funny. The best out of the three! Glad they kept this one for last ;-).

I didn't really get the christmas feeling, but it's a nice book.
Maria
Two Christmas stories in one book. Both were sweet and very Christmasy. I finished the last one on Christmas eve, listening to Frank Sinatra singing Christmas songs. A perfect soundtrack.

I liked "All I want for Christmas" better of the two. I liked Nell a lot. And who can say No two those sweet twins Zeke and Zach?!

Both stories were a bit short, I like Nora Roberts style of elaborating and embellish her world so it get depth and believability.
Brandi
Jan 04, 2009 Brandi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who loves a touching story!
You get two great stories in this book. Great book to read during the holidays. It's about Christmas miracles and Christmas wishes. They had me in tears by the end of the story. The first story is about a reporter who left home and returned ten years later to find the girl he left behind and a couple other surprises. The second story is about twin boys who make out a Christmas list and only wish for "the mom". Both very touching!
Stephanie
Thanks Carla for giving me an enjoyable "romantic" Christmas book....really enjoyed the twin boys age 6 that were only asking for "the mom" and bikes for Christmas...3 different stories, all a bit cheesy, but fit right into the romance, feel good after work through the miscommunication (please just communicate w/ one another already--:) and had me up reading late into the night---Hedlun got some benefits though:)
Amy
Dec 29, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nora roberts fan
Recommended to Amy by: no one
Both are really great Christmas stories. Home for Christmas was about a reunion between lovers, and Faith has a child. Jason’s child. Very heartwarming.
All I want for Christmas. I love the twins. They are so adorable. Miracles are abound in this story- when Nell shows up, the twins believe that Santa Claus is answering their letter about getting a mom for Christmas. A made to order mom.
Marianne
Home For Christmas: I just finished this story and it was really a nice, heartwarming, perfect kind of Christmas story. I sort guessed the "surprise" before it was told but it all worked out perfectly in the end. A little cheesy but hey it's Christmas!

All I want for Christmas: Another cheesy cute story. Again totally predictable but it's a Christmas story :)
Diane
It's been a long time since I read any Nora Roberts, but these two stories are pretty good. I was impressed with being able to read some quite descriptive bedroom scenes and not feel like I had just crawled up out of the sewer - now that's some good writing! I would recommend this book for light, enjoyable Christmas reading.
Dawn ♥ romance
A couple pleasant 3.5* holiday stories that seemed vaguely familiar. Either I read them before or they were made into movies or the plots just very common. 1) World reporter Jason returns to his small town and childhood sweetheart Faith. 2) New music teacher Nell in small town meets Mac and his twin sons.
Debi
Well the first story was not up to the authors potential I felt..to quick, and ended to abrupt. But the last two stories in the 3 in 1 I have..was worth buying this book. I loved them totally..smiles. I give this book 5 stars for the last two stories..smiles. Excellent read..smiles.
Katie
The Christmas display at the library sucked me in and I picked this up. Nora Roberts' books pretty much all use the same formula for a romance, but she's still a good writer (minus all the sex scenes). Nothing special here, but an easy read to help relax during a stressful week.
Joy Gerbode
Three delightful, and light reads, Christmas romances with wonderful Christmas settings, families, children, and magic. All the things that make Christmas so special for so many.
Jan
This was three stories in one book. Reminded me of a lifetime movie. Really sweet stories to of how love can over come anything if you let it. Awwww. I am really not a believer in love at first sight, but the idea is good and the stories were too.
Christine
Easy read.... a predictable romance. IT's actually 2 books in one and you can honestly read each book in one sitting. Heart warming if you are looking for a happy ending with a Xmas spirit! Not my fave kind of read but worked for a quick mindless read!
Heather
Maybe I'm just sappy during the holiday season, but I'm truly enjoying these Christmas stories! Although I'm always a hopeless romantic, and his book is all about the magic of hope and love. Very sweet, very Christmas-y.
Mitch
Dec 28, 2008 Mitch rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Hopeless Romantics
Shelves: roberts-nora
There are 2 stories plus a bonus one for a total of 3.

"Home for Christmas", "All I Want for Christmas" & the bonus "Gabriel's Angel".

All short and good but it's Nora Roberts, anything she does is good.
  • There's Something About Christmas
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • The Christmas Wish
  • The Snow Globe
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • No Place Like Home (Cisco, #1)
  • The Christmas Scrapbook: A Harmony Story (Harmony, #6.5)
  • A Dog Named Christmas (A Dog Named Christmas #1)
  • Silver Bells
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • Under the Mistletoe
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...