Start by marking “Paperback Romance” as Want to Read:
Paperback Romance

Paperback Romance

Maya-s heart yearns for romance and adventure, so that-s what she writes about - but James Reardon, her college creative writing professor, insists she-s wasting both time and talent. Determined to prove him wrong, Maya stumbles onto the fact that her professor-s been keeping secrets - not the least of which is his attraction to her. Faced with a choice, she will have to ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 9th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Paperback Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paperback Romance

Mar 06, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Well, I liked it as it is, I was pleasantly surprised by the substance of this story but i would have been great if this was written longer. I mean there's some really meat (figuratively only, ironically enough) in this story and the writing's really good albeit somewhat incomplete. There's a good novel lurking behind this story and I think this would have better off if this has been longer. The elements are already there: great, strong characters, plausible plot, good setting and atmosphere, ...more
Marcella
Apr 16, 2011 Marcella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
This was a great story. Maya is a college sophomore with aspirations of being a romance novelist.

Her writing professor, James Reardon, has given her some criticism about her writing that has discouraged her. Until one day he asks her to enter a writing contest. From there she realizes that the Professor is more than interested in her and a relationship develops.

Although I wish there was more story, what I read, I loved. The characters were well written and very real. What a great story.
Kit Tunstall
Feb 06, 2014 Kit Tunstall rated it really liked it
I really like this one, though I find the view taken toward romance novels a bit off-putting, both as a romance reader and author--and a bit funny/ironic from an author who writes mostly romance and/or erotica. Anyway, I enjoyed both characters and didn't find the age difference too disturbing. The sex scenes probably weren't as explicit as some of Ms. Kitt's work, but I actually prefer that. I've owned this for about three years and have re-read it a couple of times.
Heather in FL
Oct 14, 2010 Heather in FL rated it really liked it
Cute story. Sexy but not as sexy as many stories from Ms. Kitt, but they don't all have to be. And after reading it, I have to wonder if Ms. Kitt is in fact female, lmao! I love that reality was just as good as fantasy, if not better.
Adrienne
Jun 18, 2011 Adrienne rated it liked it
This was my second story by Ms Kitt and although not as naughty as Under Mr Nolans Bed it still deserves 3.5 to 4 stars for a well written short story.
Iris
Iris rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Tia
Tia rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Nosy Nora
Nosy Nora rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Mags
Mags rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Lexi
Lexi rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2013
Taina
Taina rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2012
Selena Kitt
Jan 03, 2011 Selena Kitt rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jessa Callaver
Jessa Callaver rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Anya
Anya rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2013
Rachel Riddles
Rachel Riddles rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Shadow
Shadow rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Isa
Isa rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Nick Grayson
Nick Grayson rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Mtsnow13
Mtsnow13 rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2011
NaughtyNiki
NaughtyNiki rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2011
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Nethwench
Nethwench rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2013
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2014
Hiba
Hiba rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2013
Zaneta Pietrzyk
Zaneta Pietrzyk rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Selena Kitt is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling and award-winning author of erotic and romance fiction. She is one of the highest selling erotic writers in the business with over two million books sold!

Her writing embodies everything from the spicy to the scandalous, but watch out-this kitty also has sharp claws and her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thoug
More about Selena Kitt...