Start by marking “Bluebeard's Wife” as Want to Read:
Bluebeard's Wife

Read eBook

Bluebeard's Wife

Tara's husband has never shared a fantasy with her, or even masturbated--that she knows of. However, this curious wife discovers a phone bill full of phone calls to sex lines and realizes her husband has been living a double life! Instead of getting mad, Tara's curiosity leads her to begin listening in on John's steamy conversations in hopes of finding out what he really ...more
Published June 9th 2008 (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bluebeard's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluebeard's Wife

Deep Blue by Jules BarnardBlack and Blue by Gena ShowalterTwice in a Blue Moon by Cate MastersBlueprint for a Kiss by Nancy WarrenThe blue lagoon by Henry de Vere Stacpoole
Romance Novels with Blue in the Title
81st out of 101 books — 4 voters
The Tiger's Wife by Téa ObrehtThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Pilot's Wife by Anita ShreveThe Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana TrigianiThe Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin
The _______'s Wife
33rd out of 113 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Remy Kripton
Jan 09, 2016 Remy Kripton rated it liked it
I don't really like F/F play..
Guess I'm definitely not a bi..! Lol..!

But I really liked bringing out John's fantasies to life overpowering his inhibitions. And what fantasies the guy had...!! It was scorching Hot..!!
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
**SPOILERS throughout this review**

When I read the excerpt for this story, which was for the scene in the garage after the party, I really thought I would love the intensity of this story. It was definitely intense but the story wasn't as realistic to me as it was to other reviewers. I understand the Madonna/Whore Complex so that part of the story I did find to be very realistic. The way John can only see Tara as the sweet and innocent type is pretty common. Since Tara is the woman he is spendin
Diana's
Oct 20, 2014 Diana's rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage
I've had this on my Kindle for a very long time. .it was a quick super hot read!
Praj
Nov 26, 2010 Praj rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm-erotica
Forgive me Lord for thy have sinned. And yes I have many many times and thereafter. Thou God of my salvation, my mouth shall shew thee praise when thy speakest of thee desireth book, "HOT SEX!!HOT SEX!!! SMOLDERING amid shuddering ‘rabbit’!!" Have Mercy upon me, O God for thy have done thee evil in sight.
Katherine
Jul 11, 2012 Katherine rated it really liked it
This was a hot read with f/m, f/f, f/f/m sex including some BDSM/age-play/same sex fantasy.

Tara's tried everything to make her husband tell her his deepest fantasies and he says she's the only one he's got. Since talking has gotten her nowhere she decides to use other means. She soon discovers he uses a sex line and masturbates while she is asleep - Like he's the first husband to ever do that! - She starts listening to him having phone sex -while masturbating herself - and making his fantasies c
Mrs. Missive
Aug 21, 2010 Mrs. Missive rated it it was amazing
HOT!!!! Selena Kitt is the queen of the SuperSmut book. I bow to her genius.

This is the story of a woman despirate to uncover her husband's fantasies and fulfill them. This is just a deliciously smutty tale with oodles of sex and sexual tension. (Don't ask me how you have both here, but you do, trust me.)

We have M/F, F/F, and a M/F/F scene thrown in for good measure. An undies party, a company xmas party, sex on a car, sex in a bathroom, SEX, SEX, SEX!!! I couldn't put this book down, because I
Janie
Aug 24, 2015 Janie rated it it was amazing
Selena Kitt is an amazing author. I always saw her name on literotica around 2007-2008, and many of my favourite authors would mention her. It was only today I had found out that she is a published author and a New York Time Best Selling author! I'm always happy to see when literotica authors I love succeed.
BluetheMan
Apr 14, 2010 BluetheMan rated it it was amazing
I am totally a Selena Kitt fan. This woman writes some of the hottest stories I have ever known. If you like your books with alot of detail about sex, and alot of sex then from my limited knowledge this is the author for you.
Dre
I hate that the wife was turned on by her husband's calling the phone sex operator. If my boyfriend called a phone sex line after we just had sex... I would be very angry. Also, at the end when they had the threesome with her best friend, there's no WAY I would let that happen!
Holly
May 06, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage
This was a naughty, naughty book and I loved every minute of it!!
~ Cariad ~
Oct 22, 2014 ~ Cariad ~ rated it really liked it
Bloody hell!!... Dirty like only SK knows how!

Leigh
Actually I could not decipher if this is smut or an erotica. Hmmm..
But I like how the author retells the Bluebeard. A pity it's too short though.
Michelle Cary
Aug 09, 2015 Michelle Cary rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, menage
Premise: Wife, Tara has shared her fantasies with her husband of 3 years, but she can’t seem to get him to do the same with her. Desperate to find out anything sexual that might be running through his conservative mind, she begins a search behind his back and eventually discovers what she’s been looking for. Her husband his calling ‘900’ numbers for phone sex.

Wanting to be the one to fulfill his fantasies instead of some voice on the other end of the phone, she begins a scheme to try and bring h
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Tara is a bit frustrated with her perfect husband who seems to not do anything special in the bedroom, not even masturbate as well as never shared his sexual fantasies with her. On a mission, she snoops until she eventually stumbles upon John's little secret, his explicit phone conversations.

THOUGHTS

Slippery when wet, perfect wording for this novella. This would definitely go in the category of (try-sexual); if you’re adventurous, then
Crystal
It was hot
Lara
Jul 20, 2016 Lara rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-erotica
-SOME SPOILS-

This book is very interesting. For one, you have Tara who wants to "conquer" her husband back. Due to his Madonna/whore complex, he views his wife as a kind of Madonna, innocent girl and doesn`t feel open to share fantasies with her, and gives 900-calls at night.
Tara wants to show John she`s not just this sweet little girl and in fact, she tries innumerous times to show it by performing his secret fantasies she hears in the phone.
My problems with this book were: Tara while searchin
Funzee Shu
Jan 19, 2014 Funzee Shu rated it it was ok

***2.5/5 stars***

What if....you live a happy marriage life. You have fine gorgeous loving husband with normal sex life.

Well, that was what Tara's feel about her marriage and her husband, John.

Everything seem so perfect until one day you found a fact that your "conservative" husband like to do phone sex and have naughty sex fantasies with anonymous women on the phone.

Shock ? Angry ? Disappointed ?

Tara feel shock, angry and disappointed to know the other side of her husband, but then....she starte
Veronica~Nhaughty
Wow! This story is soooo HAWT my Kindle was smokin'!!

Tara has been desperately trying to get her husband John to share his secret desires, his darkest fantasies with her to no avail. But one day, Tara notices the phone bill is just a little thicker than usual and is both shocked and aroused that her husband has been calling a sex line. Each night Tara listens in to see what her husband is sharing with strangers that he won't share with her. She enlists the help of her BFF, Kelly, and wow does th
Sassafrass
I don't know why I've put off reading this for so long. This was HOT! I loved the fact that there was this wife who was trying to fulfill her husband's fantasies. I think she even got to fill a few of her own as well. I've been reading a lot of m/f by Selena Kitt so it was nice to come back to the f/f and f/f/m that only she does so well! I think I may have to revisit this one from time to time. LOL ;)
Enid
Nov 13, 2013 Enid rated it really liked it
Holy Molly!! I started listening to the audio book at work... BAD IDEA. 5 minutes in and I was already squirming on my seat. So, I was a "good girl" and put it aside until lunch break. Then the fun began!! All hotness aside (and there is A LOT of it) I totally related with Tara. I wish hubby had those kind of secrets. Does that make me a "bad girl"? *wink* The only reason I gave 4.5 stars is because I wanted more, more, more. I wanted to see Chris on the mix too and well you get the idea.
Joy
Sep 01, 2014 Joy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the whole thing, it was highly arousing and I liked the part where Tara took matters into her own hands. John's character was weak though.

I love the ff scenes. I can't help but compare this to some scenes in Under Mr Nolan's Bed. There were similarities, and who better to explore and explode with but your best girlfriend?
Liz
May 10, 2016 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, menage
Wife is concerned about husband's sexual fantasies; finds out he's using a 900 line from the home phone; she starts to listen in and spice up their sex life.

There's lesbian play, incest play, shaving, toys, and a menage. It's sexy, alright.
BITE ME
Jul 22, 2011 BITE ME rated it really liked it
Shelves: selena-kitt
I LIKE'D THIS BOOK A LOT THE PLOT WAS GOOD VERY INCITING I HAVE TO SAY I DIDINT EXPECT THE PLOT I REALY DIDINT BUT ENJOYED IT A LOT =)
Sheila Lord
Sep 12, 2015 Sheila Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

If your looking for a very hot short read with a lot of spice this book is a must for you......
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Find his secret

The man is shy in person but a horn dog with his 900 numbers and his wife finally figured him out. Warning there is M/F, F/F and F/F/M
Michelle Robbins
Apr 23, 2014 Michelle Robbins rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Selena Kitt never disappoints. I loved the story of Bluebeard's wife! It was sexy and meaningful all at once. It was a quick read that left me wanting to read more of Ms. Kitt's work!
Monica
Aug 16, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
If I only say one thing about this book, it would be, HOLY CRAP THIS BOOK WAS HOT!!! Definitely read it with a glass of water close by to cool you off because you will need it!
Judi
Feb 20, 2014 Judi rated it really liked it
Great book. I think this book it so true to real life. This happens to many married couples.
Loved it, NOT for the faint at heart but good book.
Eva Rodriguez
Oct 05, 2014 Eva Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
one of the hottest books I have read this year. This Selena Kitt knows her stuff and how to get readers all hot and bothered. loved this story..woohoo. Selena is an artist of erotica writing ever.
Cheryl Yingling
Cheryl Yingling rated it did not like it
May 15, 2013
  • The Beach House
  • French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1)
  • Lisa's Gift
  • Joining The Party (Lucky Springs #1)
  • Imprinted
  • Six
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • Midnight Sex Shop
  • Pam-Ann
  • The Reunion
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • Sexual Persuasion
  • Holding the Cards (Nature of Desire, #1)
  • Three Times the Scandal (Scandalous Seductions, #4)
  • Yuletide Greetings (Taboo Wishes, #3)
Selena Kitt is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling and award-winning author of erotic and romance fiction. She is one of the highest selling erotic writers in the business with over two million books sold!

Her writing embodies everything from the spicy to the scandalous, but watch out-this kitty also has sharp claws and her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thoug
More about Selena Kitt...