Start by marking “Irish Hearts (Irish Hearts #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
Irish Hearts (Irish Hearts #1 & 2)

Irish Hearts (Irish Hearts #1-2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  8,952 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews

Two complete novels.

Adelia Cunnane. Her hot temper sent the heart of Travis Grant aflame. Now the proud, powerful owner of Royal Meadows horse farm resolved to make this wild Irish Thoroughbred his own.

Erin McKinnon. A bold beauty, she accepted Burke Logan's loveless proposal and his cool promise of security and wealth. But could this ravishing Irish Rose win her hard-hear

Mass Market Paperback, 443 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Silhouette Books (first published 1988)

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
83rd out of 238 books — 1,173 voters
The Witness by Nora RobertsVision in White by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Nora Roberts
63rd out of 107 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Mo
Dec 08, 2012 Mo rated it did not like it
Please people, don't think irish people are like this. The "heroine" came across as being from the back end of beyond not having a clue about anything. Don't mind her being a virgin - we all were at some stage and me, being Irish, was probably one a lot longer than most, especially as I am Catholic along with that. I never read another Nora Roberts after this. Nobody in Ireland says "aye" or calls someone Mistress Bowers or whoever it was ... read the first story and could not finish it. Pains ...more
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Jul 05, 2016 ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe
Nora Roberts know how to write engaging characters. One of my all time favorites is Three Fates and Irish Hearts definitely has the same feel to it.

In Irish Thoroughbred, Adelia aka Dee can't fight her attraction for Travis Grant any more than she can fight her need to find a home and belong. She was a great MC, her personality, her emotion, and her vitality was sweet, I loved that she was so unique in action and thoughts. Travis was your typical brooding alpha, a bit domineering and stubborn, b
Melanie
Mar 29, 2015 Melanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Nope. BEYOND awful. Ditched it 50 pages in. I got this at a used book sale and was fooled by the 2011 date on it. That's the REPUBLISHED date. These are actually from 1981/88 and ridiculously dated. Take your grown-ass woman who is written like a 12 year old of low intelligence and the boorish man who bruises her with 'love' and boot them right back to the 80's, thanks.
Miss Kim
Aug 11, 2008 Miss Kim rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nora fans
Shelves: 2008
I really enjoy Nora Roberts' stories connected to Ireland. This book contains her first novel, Irish Thoroughbred, and its sequel, Irish Rose.
Irish Thoroughbred – Adelia Cunnane leaves Ireland for America to work on a horse farm with her uncle Paddy. She becomes a groom for the stable’s owner, Travis Grant. Uncle Paddy becomes ill and while ailing in the hospital he confesses that he wants to see them get together. Travis convinces Adelia that they should be married immediately to ‘help uncle Pa
Jul 15, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Rochelle
Feb 03, 2011 Rochelle rated it liked it
Irish Thoroughbred : 3.5 stars

Irish Rose : 3 stars

I just don't feel the romances were realistic in both novels, but especially in Irish Rose. Both marriages were rushed, and both men not admitting that they loved their wives until the end was annoying.
Martha
I haven't read very many of Nora Roberts' romance novels, but I really liked this. Irish Hearts is a re-release of her very first book, Irish Thoroughbred, and its sequel, Irish Rose. They were both very good; I liked the first one better, though.
Betty
Aug 24, 2015 Betty rated it liked it
I'm not usually into this type of romance but I'm on an "Irish kick" right now, so this intrigued me. Typical Norah Roberts romance with sexual overtones. Two stories about two Irish girls who both come to American and get involved in the American racetrack world. Very interesting.
Holly Boyd
May 03, 2013 Holly Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
included Nora Roberts 1st book. enjoyed both books. each was really almost a novella, only about 180 pages long. both were centered around thoroughbred horse farms and included a trip to the Kentucky Derby. good, fun stories.
Bobbi
Jul 05, 2016 Bobbi rated it did not like it
There were some off-putting comparisons between Adelia and a child. She is a grown woman even if she is small in stature.
Hannah
Loved it!!!!! Very well written and my goal is to obtain the relationship Travis and Dee have.
J.W.
Jul 28, 2016 J.W. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rereads, romance
06/2016
travis n dee r by far my favorite. all fire n passion. edges n bruises

08/2013
Micah Truitt
Oct 04, 2016 Micah Truitt rated it liked it
Irish Hearts, by Nora Roberts.
Adelia Cunnane is a young adult whose parents had died at a very young age, causing her to move from her home in Ireland, to her uncle's ranch in America. Adelia has always admired horses, she had what people might call a gift, with them. When she was living in Ireland, she had a job with a local vet working with horses and many other animals. Adelia knew that her uncle had a lot of horses, but what she didn’t know was that there was one who needed her help. All t
Cyndy Aleo
May 20, 2011 Cyndy Aleo rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Nora Roberts is probably the one romance writer who doesn't make me feel horribly guilty to be reading romance novels when I have yet to read so many of the classics. Her novels are always well-researched, and I never feel like my brain is turning to mush when I'm reading. I was ecstatic when my sister handed me Irish Hearts, a compilation of two Roberts novels: her very first book Irish Thoroughbred, and a sequel to it, Irish Rose.

::: Two Irish Lasses :::

Nora Roberts has always gravitated towar
Shawn
Sep 30, 2016 Shawn rated it really liked it
2 sweet stories
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Irish Thoroughbred and Irish Rose
Nora Roberts has always gravitated toward the Emerald Isle for both characters and settings, and chose a displaced Irishwoman as the heroine of her very first novel, Irish Hearts. Adelia "Dee" Cunnane was orphaned in Ireland at a young age. Her aunt came to take care of her and help work the family farm, but after the aunt has a stroke, Dee takes on all the work herself. When the aunt finally dies, Dee must resign herself to the fact that there is no way she can
Jen
Feb 13, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok
I know that romance novels are all, to a point, formulaic. I know that the plot isn't the reason why one reads such books, but instead the books are read because they are character driven and the reader sees something of herself in the female protagonist. I generally enjoy books by Nora Roberts because she puts a lot of extra effort in to developing good, solid characters and a well described environment that teaches me something while at the same time remaining entertaining, but this compendium ...more
Lafanda
Nov 30, 2014 Lafanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I am kind of on the fence with these books. The stories can be incredibly slow at parts, and some of the character's actions are questionable, but overall these are two good books. Some spoilers ahead!

Irish Thoroughbred: Travis and Adelia have an interesting start to their relationship that I don't quite agree with. Adelia is usually very quick to lash out at him, which Travis just finds funny. He also is very forward at the beginning of the book and Adelia does not return his interest, straight
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Feb 03, 2010 Stacie M. Ritchie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, nora-roberts
This book is two different stories. The first, Irish Thoroughbred was a story of Adelia. Dee came to America after the death of her aunt to stay with her uncle. Within days of her coming, she had the position of exercise boy for the horse Majesty. She worked hard, and didn’t think much of it. She ran into her employer under not so professional circumstances. His shock at the fact the pint-sized woman was an exercise boy, was entertaining. His attraction was also entertaining, along with his ...more
Maria
Aug 19, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found both stories in the book to be entertaining and different in an unexpected way. In Irish Thoroughbred I loved that Adelia is a tiny spitfire and how she loves Travis unconditionally, although they are at odds for the majority of the story because of a lack of communication, very common in Nora Roberts' novels. I did love the fact that it wasn't the traditional proposal at the end novel, like the majority of Nora Roberts' stories, and how Adelia went into willingly and determined to make ...more
M.A. Levi
Aug 28, 2012 M.A. Levi rated it really liked it
Irish Throughbred: This was a very captivating story that held your attention and kept you hanging on every word. It spun you right into Royal Medows and the plot had you rooting for the lovley horses and the main stubborn characters Travis and Adiel. It was a frustarating love story that had you thinking to yourself "Come on already!!" It is one of my favorites; a simple and compelling read with a group of characters that you you can relate to, love and remember.

Irish Rose: Irish Rose was more
TiffanyLamp
Dec 07, 2015 TiffanyLamp rated it it was ok
Considering this was Nora's first novel (or one of them) I can say that they aren't terrible. For someone who enjoys romance novels, this is for you. I do not enjoy romance novels myself and here is why:
I do not enjoy the helplessness of the female characters.
The men are typically rich douchebags until they find the helpless virgin (again with virgins *rolling my eyes).
The said virgin changes the rich douche, or in some cases, Womanizer, to become a well-rounded, good natured family man wit
Jan
Jan 18, 2009 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fredell Boston
Aug 22, 2015 Fredell Boston rated it it was amazing
Nora Roberts does it again! This volume contains 2 novels in one - Irish Thoroughbred and Irish Rose. The stories of two Irish cousins who come the US to work.
**In Irish Thoroughbred, Adelia, joins her Uncle Paddy on the thoroughbred farm, Royal Meadows, where he is head trainer for Travis Grant. She has left Ireland to start a new life after the death of her last relative on the "olde sod" She starts out as stable hand who has a talent for working with all horses, but especially the recalcitra
Brittany
This book has two related romances. The first is about a Irish woman who leaves Ireland behind after suffering another death in the family, her aunt. Her parents died when she was 10 and now she is going to her uncle in Maryland, whom she hasn't seen since she was 3. The only communication she's had with her "Uncle Paddy" are letters they've sent over the years. However when she arrives, she and her uncle connect. Adelia and Travis' story is light but a good read. The next story is about Erin, ...more
Desiree Depinet
Sep 10, 2016 Desiree Depinet rated it really liked it
This is a romance novel so the reader must remeber that. It isnt a great literary book that is going to make you ponder the great questions of existence. For a romance novel it was a good read.
Jlebreton
Nov 19, 2015 Jlebreton rated it liked it
Irish Thoroughbred: Everyone starts somewhere, true enough. But what is very clear is that if this were the first book I had picked up by Roberts, I would not have picked up another. For such a short book, months pass, making the love story rather slow. They don't have much chemistry and don't know how to communicate, and Roberts doesn't do her usual tilt into the man's head to let us know what he is thinking, which leads you to think he is kind of mean. The old fashioned values take some ...more
Sue
Jul 18, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
Her first novel

IRISH THOROUGHBRED

Irish lass Adelia Cunnane had entered a fairy tale! Working at the world-renowned Royal Meadows stables was a dream come true. She was determined to prove her worth, especially to the stables' owner—the very opinionated and ruggedly handsome Travis Grant. Princesses weren't the only ones who could have a happily-ever-after!

IRISH ROSE

Erin McKinnon had followed her cousin Adelia to America and was immediately captivated by Royal Meadows' charm.

But she was not nearl
Laura Elizabeth
Feb 02, 2016 Laura Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
I've always loved Nora. I don't know when I started reading her, but my mom was always a fan, so I have been too.

I finally picked up this beauty, and I only have 2 complaints:

#1. It's really similar (at times) to True Betrayals. (Both about horses, both about family issues, both about women who don't know much about the horse/farm/racing lifestyle)

#2. I felt like it ended very abruptly.

Other than that, its cute, kind of clean, even for a Nora. But having said that, its a good clean, sweet romanc
Kathy Davie
Dec 21, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, homey
I'm looking for Ancient Ireland Historical Romances -- Any recommendations? 2 6 Jul 14, 2015 05:45AM
Page Missing 1 16 Jul 31, 2012 11:28PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Family Men
  • Flash
  • Hard To Handle (2-in-1)
  • Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)
  • Nora Roberts
  • Key to Forever (Draycott Abbey #4)
  • Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail, #9)
  • Just the Way You Are (Lost Hearts, #1)
  • Bright Eyes (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #5)
  • The Blessing
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Irish Hearts (3 books)
  • Irish Thoroughbred (Irish Hearts, #1)
  • Irish Rose (Irish Hearts #2)
  • Irish Rebel (Irish Hearts, #3)

“There was nothing wrong with being able to handle things herself. Nothing wrong with wanting to.And she did appreciate Brian's help.
And she didn't need caffeine.
"I like caffeine," she grumbled. "I enjoy it, and that's entirely different from needing it.Entirely.I could give it up anytime I wanted, and I'd barely miss it."
Annoyed,she snagged the soft drink she'd left on a shelf and guzzled.
All right,so maybe she would miss it. But only beause she liked the taste. It wasn't like a craving or an addiction or...
She couldn't say why Brian popped into her head just then.She was certain if he'd seen her staring in a kind of horror at a soft drink bottle, he'd have been amused.It was debatable what his reaction would be if he'd realized she wasn't actually seeing the bottle, but his face.
No,that wasn't a need, either, she thought quickly. She did not need Brian Donnelly. It was attraction.Affection-a cautious kind of affection.He was a man who interested her, and whom she admired in many ways. But it wasn't as if she needed...
"Oh God."
It had to be overreaction, she decided, and set the bottle aside as carefully as she would have a container of nitro. What she was going through was something as simple as overromanticizing an affair. That would be natural enough, she told herself, particularly sice this was her first.
She didn't want to be in love with him. She began wielding the pitchfork vigorously now, as if to sweat out a fever.She didn't choose to be in love with him. That was even more important.When her hands trembled she ignored them and worked harder still.
By the time her mother joined her, Keeley had herself under control enough to casually ask Adelia to work in the office while she exervised Sam.
Keeley Grant had never run from a problem in her life,and she wasn't about to start now.She saddled her mount,then rode off to clear her head before she dealt with the problem at hand.”
3 likes