Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith

Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published February 1st 1993 by Shadow Mountain

Dustin
I read this book many years ago and just finished rereading it. Knowing so much more about the context of Joseph's sermons and doctrine, I was able to pick up much more of the nuance this time. That's a good reason to read books over and over.

The teachings in this book are of great worth. They enlarge and ennoble the soul. There is great benefit to careful study of this book.
Eric
This volume of an LDS classic is kind of a waste of paper. The editor (not JFS, the original compiler) went through and footnoted every instance of every scripture ever used by Joseph Smith in the contained writings. Kind of tedious to look at, and you're probably not going to read all those footnotes anyway. Do yourself a favor and buy the old blue paperback.
Jeffrey
I read this book for my Freshman religion class at BYU-Idaho. I thought some parts were really intriguing and interesting but some parts were a little slow. It is more of a scriptural companion book than a cover to cover book, however it is still a really good read.
Chelsea
All of the Prophet Joseph Smith's teachings are amazing. I am determined to finish reading this book and the others listed in my currently- reading list before I move on to any others.
Drew Johnson
There are two things of which i am ignorant; object by throwing light upon the subject not darkness; All other things are appendages to it (atonement)
Naham
May 15, 2009 Naham marked it as to-read
Has anyone read this book? How does it compare to the "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith" by the same author?
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Angel M.
Angel M. marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Amanda C
Amanda C marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Ralph
Ralph marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Lisa Christensen
Lisa Christensen marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Joseph Smith, Jr. was the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, also known as Mormonism, and an important religious and political figure during the 1830s and 1840s. In 1827, Smith began to gather a religious following after announcing that an angel had shown him a set of golden plates describing a visit of Jesus to the indigenous peoples of the Americas. In 1830, Smith published what he said w...more
More about Joseph Smith Jr....
The Book of Mormon Pearl of Great Price The Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Lectures on Faith Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith