Start by marking “The Constitution of the United States with the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation” as Want to Read:

Originally drafted by the Constitutional Convention in 1787, the Constitution defines the United States of America. This greatest of all American documents not only establishes our system of government, it limits the power of that government, specifying our irrevocable rights and privileges as individuals. The Constitution remains as relevant today as it was over two hundr

Published September 30th 2002 by Barnes & Noble Books (first published 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about The Constitution of the United States with the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation

Aaron
Oct 29, 2012 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics, history
Of course this is an excellent read!! The only disappointing thing is realizing how far we stray from these ideals.
Wolfie
Jul 30, 2011 Wolfie added it
EVERY Citizen or person(s) wanting to become a United States Citizen should not only read this but study it! So many complain about the Government and its "Official" and do nothing more when they can do something. Many think we are a "free" people; we live in ignorance . . . we have fallen way below the level of a "more perfect Union", there is not an "establish Justice" for all citizens, and there is definitely not "insure domestic Tranquility" for all, whose "common defence" are we fighting fo ...more
Brent McCulley
Nov 03, 2013 Brent McCulley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
Sadly, most Americans can't even tell you what the 'Bill of Rights' are, let alone what is contained therein. Study the Constitution; read the Declaration; review the Articles of Confederation: see why the Founders threw out the former, and opted for a stronger centralized government, the Bill of Rights notwithstanding, with the latter. These documents are not just for historians: These are why we are Americans.
Niki
Nov 08, 2008 Niki rated it it was amazing
It is so great to re-read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. It is so inspiring to imagine our founding fathers setting up such an amazing system of government! I am so grateful that I was born in America!!
Peggy
Jul 11, 2011 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Read this long ago and can't believe I waited until retirement to read again. Have been carrying it with me wherever I go. Jefferson and our founders intended for those who serve us in government to be just that; not career politicians.
Janell Simoni Timmons
Oct 14, 2013 Janell Simoni Timmons rated it it was amazing
Much more interesting now than when I read these documents in jr. high government class. A small hardbound edition that's easy to refer back to. Everyone should own the constitution (and read it).
Sherrill
Nov 18, 2013 Sherrill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Interesting and easy enough to read. Really boggles my mind to think about all the work that went into separating the colonies from England, in addition to the war itself.
Rick Wong
Aug 31, 2007 Rick Wong rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every US citizen
I would recommend these documents to all US citizens, we need to know our rights as citizens of the US
Tyler Storm
May 03, 2015 Tyler Storm rated it it was amazing
Great literature and important for all Americans. A Must Read. Really enables you to understand the underlying principles of how our government operates.
Babs
Apr 09, 2007 Babs rated it it was amazing
one of several copies I own but this is the only one I have that isn't a portable soft cover - and the inclusion of the Aritcles of Confederation and the Declaration give a nice big picture...
Vincent
Mar 03, 2015 Vincent rated it liked it
Read again in 2009. Good to read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution annually, as a reminder of what should and should not be in our country.
Lisa
May 28, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it's important every now and then to refresh the memory on the most important documents in American history. It is the users' manual, and we should all know what it says.
J.W. Wexford
Duh that it's the best book on here, next to the Bible, that is. This edition is nice too since it's more than just the Constitution.
Chatani Wilson
Chatani Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Sean
Sean rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Bookmaster
Mar 12, 2016 Bookmaster rated it it was amazing
Every American must read regardless of political party
Lauren Fryman
Lauren Fryman rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Teresa Parker
May 29, 2012 Teresa Parker rated it it was amazing
Everyone should have a copy of this in their home and it should be read!!
Yadiell
Yadiell rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2011
Joyce
Joyce rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
John Nelson
John Nelson rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Ned N.
Ned N. rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2009
Dan
Dan rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Victoria Heinecke
Victoria Heinecke rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Jonathon P
Feb 06, 2016 Jonathon P rated it it was amazing
Good read.
Matt King
Matt King rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Pharoahsghost
Pharoahsghost rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Jack Dunn
Jack Dunn rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
  • The U.S. Constitution: And Fascinating Facts about It
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • Christmas in the Trenches
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism
  • On the Motion of the Heart and Blood in Animals
  • The Geometry of René Descartes: with a Facsimile of the First Edition
  • Considerations on Representative Government
  • The Encyclopaedia Logic: The Encyclopaedia of Philosophical Sciences 1 with the Zusatze
  • Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde: The Devoted Friend/The Nightingale and the Rose
James Madison, Jr. was an American politician and the fourth President of the United States (1809–1817), and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Madison was the last founding father to die. Considered to be the "Father of the Constitution", he was the principal author of the document. In 1788, he wrote over a third of the Federalist Papers, still the most influential commentary on th ...more
More about James Madison...