Start by marking “Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)” as Want to Read:
Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)

Touched By Angels (Loveswept, No 538)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  486 ratings  ·  59 reviews
FIRST BOOK OF A DUO - A PRINCE FOR JENNY IS THE SEQUEL - Single mother Sarah Love moves to a new town to make a fresh start for herself and Jenny. Born special, Jenny struggles with the things other children take for granted, even walking and talking. Bright and endearingly stubborn, Jenny escapes her mother's watchful eye to explore outside her yard. When the four-year-ol ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 202 pages
Published March 1st 1992 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Touched By Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched By Angels

Saly
Rating 3.25
This was a pretty short and sweet book. The heroine is a single mother new in town who meets the hero when he rescues her daughter Jenny. Jenny is a special needs child, with Down's and the heroine and Jenny are a team.

The hero Jake is reminded of all he lost when he sees Jenny(his daughter died) and even though he has punished himself for the past six years, pushing his limits, courting death, running from the guilt, he can't keep himself from these two even though he tries to, telli
Lena2011
I enjoyed the story and I really liked the interaction between Jenny and Jake. My one pet peeve is that Sarah and Jake say each others names too much. It's much better in the epilogue but in the beginning and the middle of the story they said each others names almost every other sentence and that gets tiring to read for me. Other than that it was just a cute, short, sweet romance.
Sharon Goddard
Free for Kindle on Amazon so I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.... However, if I had looked this gift horse in the mouth the horse would have tooth decay from the sickly-sweet story lines.
Mercifully short, 'chic-lit' romance. My mum would love this and it would make a great movie for the True Movie channel. However, this experiment outside my usual genres is not for me.
Melissa T
Oh, this was one of those free ones on my Kindle, and I'm certainly glad I didn't pay for it, because then I'd be annoyed that I'd wasted my money AND time. As it is, I'm annoyed I finished it. I don't know why I bothered! Dumb book. Melodramatic, boring characters, and strangely steamy in odd places. Don't bother!
Amy
I laughed and cried....very emotional read. Lighthearted and fun read. It was quick--read it in a night :)
Cindi
Wow. What to say? I went into this book wanting to read something that was quick, easy to get through and basically fluff. I was definitely wrong about it being a fluff book. At least not the kind I normally read.

Knowing nothing about the author at the time I started reading this, as soon as I read that the setting was in Florence, Alabama I cringed. I almost stopped reading. All I could think was "Here is another author who knows nothing about the south who will try to throw in a few y'alls and
Kym
I was not really looking for this particular book......the illustrations on the cover of this book caught my eye so I read the synopsis and decided to sample the book after reading sample I decided to purchase it I have no regrets about spending 2.99 Sarah Love and Jake and her daughter Jenny touched my heart I laughed and cried and I definitely recommend this book as a GREAT read!! Now I'm off to read the sequel and I'm sure I won't be disappointed! Check this book out.....
Maria Love
Maybe I connected too personally with this book and I'm biased but I really liked this story. (My name also is Love and although I do not have a "special child" my sister has Down's Syndrome). The writing was beautiful. When I read "Jenny's soft hair brushed his cheek, and flowers bloomed in his soul." my heart melted. And when I read "A lizard ran over Dora Mae's foot out there in your yard, and you'd have thought it was a dragon." I literally laughed out loud because that is EXACTLY how I reac ...more
Christine
Seeing that this book was originally published in 1992 makes so much more sense to me. Because honestly, the writing was so flowery, I thought I was going to gag on daisies. The speech, the flow, and the lack of character development or growth I guess was a good thing in the early '90s? Who knew? I skimmed the majority of it after about 50 pages.
Jen_C
It is from the 1990's and that shows. It was a cute read though. *3.5 Stars

"I've found out that love is not a game. All the scheming in the world is not going to make it work." She suppressed a grin. "What will, pray tell? An act of Congress?" "Two, Gwendolyn." "Two what?" She held up her hand. "No, don't tell me. Let me guess. Two fat wizards coming up with a secret formula. Two fat senators with nothing better to do but make it a law: Love must be reciprocated.

"But if it were you, what would
Nicole Storey
This is a very short book; I read it in a few hours. Normally, I am not a romance girl; sorry no Harlequin books for me! LOL! But I purchased this book yesterday because:
1. It was Free on Amazon
2. It had a special needs child in the story; something I can relate to.

I have to say that even though there were a few unbelieveable parts in it and the fact that these two people fell in love after like two days of knowing each other, it was still a decent book. I may read the second book in this series
Betsy
This is the type of book you want to kep reading and if you manage to put it down you want pick it up and continue reading. Touched by Angels, is a book about love and redemption. Jake Townsend, a man haunted by the past found himself drawn to Sarah and Jenny, a special child the angels who touched his life. One day while out riding his motor-bike Jake saved Jenny, who was nearly run over by a reckless driver. At first, Jenny reminded him of his daughter Bonnie, who died in a tragic accident, to ...more
Mitsy
This is a touching, surprising, beautiful and very well written story. Jake is a man who has carried guilt around him since the death of his daughter, 6 years ago, when he sees a little girl standing in the middle of the road. He stops to help her and his life changes forever. I have to say, I LOVE Jenny, the little girl who steals the spotlight and melts the heart. Jenny makes me want to be a better woman, love more freely, and give more easily. That's how extraordinary Ms. Webb is. Very intros ...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
I absolutely love reading a book that just touches the heart. This book did that to me. I thought that I was part of the story and could feel the pain and hurt among the characters. I loved Jenny and felt that she pulled at my heart strings throughout the story. The characters were great and I loved watching the love blossom throughout the book. Sarah annoyed the crap out of me at times but I adored her through most of the book. Great character development in a cheesy lovey dovey romance story.
Racheal
I know there are a couple of people who did not like this book and of course everyone has their own types of books that they like to read, but I absolutely fell in love with the story & the characters. I had downloaded it to my kindle because it was free and I am really glad that I did. What a heart warming story about a man who learned to love again after going through a tragedy and a single mom who learned to trust some one again. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to this wonderfu ...more
Patrice
I enjoyed this story. It's the story of a young single mother, Sarah Love, and her special needs daughter, Jenny, and how their lives become entangled in that of Jake Townsend. Jake is in need of some "rescuing" before he kills himself by tempting fate one too many times, after the death of his daughter, Bonnie, a few years earlier. Jake blames himself for Bonnie's death and is trapped in feelings of guilt and remorse feeling he doesn't deserve any happiness. A wonderful story.
Linda
A sweet love story that is told in good fashion. It is not my favorite genre, but for readers who like a clean (no overt sexual scenes, no cursing) story, I think they would like this book. The mechanics of good writing were excellent. The author moved the story along without a lot of filler. Her descriptions of her characters were excellent. There is a neat twist at the end that I liked. I rate the book a four star love story.

Thank you, Ms. Webb, for a good read.
Jamie
Nov 16, 2011 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
The story is about a single mom of a little girl who has special challenges; she meets a high class businessman who is dark but caring for her and her child. She really doesn't understand why he doesn't share any information about his life with her but as they progress with their friendship she starts to learn more; which means that you start to learn more as well about his deep dark secrets. I won't spoil the ending lets just say it's a great story full of surprises.
Terry Crawford Palardy
This is a timeless story, not limited by a particular decade but possible in any of those I've lived in. The characters are developed so carefully, so artfully, and their inner conflicts remain inner but eventually lead to a climactic resolution between the two main characters. The child in the story plays a partial role in bringing these two adults together and then apart. In the sequel, well, ... I won't tell you yet!
Carolyn
This was a freebie from Amazon.

I enjoyed this very sweet, lovely contemporary romance book. It is definitely a quick, but enjoyable read. The star of this piece is Jenny, the four-year old daughter of our heroine who has Down's Syndrome. I was intrigued enough by her delightful character that I intend to pick up the second book in this little series, "A Prince for Jenny".
J.B. Stockings
A lovely story but so badly told. The writing is so over dramatic, I felt like I was reading a soap opera. Some of the dialogue was so stilted and ridiculous. People just don't say the person's name they are talking to in nearly every sentence! The ending just meanders into dust. I can't believe this author is so celebrated. I wouldn't read another one of hers unless it was free.
Sharon
This was a bit too much of a romantic chick lit for me, which I wasn't expecting based on the brief description. However, I did complete it and sort of enjoyed it, even though it is not my sort of thing. Very quick and easy to read. Definitely a girlie holiday read (if you like this sort of thing), but you would need others as it doesn't take long to finish it.
Velvet
Jan 12, 2014 Velvet rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Family and friends
I thought this book was a very good read and would recommend to my friends and family.
Diane
this was, quite simply, a lovely and touching romance between an embittered man and a mom with a special-needs child. i picked it up as a freebie for kindle as a quick read and i know it will be a re-read keeper. originally written in 1992, and no erotic sex common in even HP's now, but a beautiful heartfelt romance.
Joanna Gawn
What a beautiful story. Whilst there are a few formatting issues with the Kindle edition, they did not detract from the heart-warming tale of Sarah and Jake - and Jenny. The book also contained some beautiful imagery. Jake's relationship with his exec assistant Gwendolyn made me smile, too.
Debbie Murphy
A sweet romance with a special needs child. I was a little put off by the secrets the main characters felt they had to keep from each other. Although I guess if they spilled everything in the first chapter, the book would have only been two chapters long. That said, I will try this author again.
Catherine Rogers
This was a good book with a great message. A little too mushy in parts, but that was okay. I got see little into what it would be like to have a child with special needs, and I think it can give parents hope that their child can be great even if they have special needs. Very sweet book.
Kayla
I think this storyline had a lot of potential but it was terribly written/executed. I got it free for the Kindle though so I can't really complain much, but the typos were horrific! Dialogue was awkward too. I had to force myself to finish it.
Vicky Lange
The book and concept was very good. However, I feel it started dragging and I couldn't wait to get to the end. Also, I don't see why the book had to have such "intimate" details. That did not make the book better, I skipped over those sections.
Cath Stannard
I found this book a bit weird.
It was very well written but although it's a love story i didn't feel like there was much of a story there at all. There's apparently a sequel but i can't say i'll be rushing out to get it.
Bit boring
  • Love from the Ashes
  • Safe Harbor
  • The Oak Leaves (The Oak Leaves #1)
  • Crossing the Bridge
  • Hidden Steel
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)
  • Homefires
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • All Through the Night
  • Wish On The Moon
  • Finding Grace
  • The Light Horseman's Daughter
  • Lonely Millionaire
  • Searching For Meredith Love
  • Lady Deception
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • My Lady Gisborne: A Gisborne Novel
Peggy Webb is a USA Today Bestselling author from Mississippi. She has written 70 novels, 200 magazine humor columns, 2 screenplays. Called a "comedic genius" by her peers, she writes romantic comedy and the hilarious Southern Cousins Mysteries as Peggy Webb. She writes literary fiction under the pen names Anna Michaels and Elaine Hussey. Pat Conroy calls her literary work "astonishing" and Kathie ...more
More about Peggy Webb...
Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1) Elvis and the Dearly Departed (A Southern Cousins Mystery, #1) Elvis and the Grateful Dead (A Southern Cousins Mystery, #2) Elvis And The Memphis Mambo Murders Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble