Blank-133x176

Josephine Cox

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  19 reviews

She was once young and vibrant, a beautiful woman with a promising future. But a dark and dangerous secret forced her to leave everything—and everyone—she cared for. Now she lives alone in a quiet riverside town, her heart breaking as she watches the world change from the shadows. All that is left to bring her joy is her stunning, glorious voice, a voice that enthralls any

Published (first published January 1st 2008)

Debra
I have to admit that this book spent a lot of time on my bookshelf before I actually picked it up to read it but it was worth the wait, definitely. It was the first book I had read written by Josephine Cox and I was instantly sucked into the story of a woman who got stuck in a situation she should not have been and spent most of her life in hiding from the truth... Although it took me a little while to get into the story, it was worth it.
Isabel  Almeida (Os Livros Nossos)
Josephine Cox
A vida que nunca te contei

Crítica/Opinião
Por: Isabel Alexandra Almeida/Os Livros Nossos

O romance “A vida que nunca te contei” da autora Britânica Josephine Cox, com a chancela de Publicações Europa-América, traz-nos de volta a um género por vezes esquecido da literatura, que poderemos livremente apelidar de romance dramático, que poderá ser também caracterizado como literatura feminina.
Trata-se de uma obra escrita de forma exemplar, com uma linguagem fluída mas também algo...more
Mary Cushnie-Mansour
Songbird, by Josephine Cox, a writer from the U.K., was an interesting story that had me wanting to find out what happened to young Maddy Delaney, whose angelic voice had captured the hearts of many listeners, but not the heart of the evil man she had fallen helplessly in love with. When things fall apart, Maddy finds herself on the run ... old friends are gone ... new ones always seem to be there to help Maddy through the darkest times of her life. But, evil has a way of finding Maddy, no matte...more
Nicki Adams
I read this quickly, good escapism. The first Josephine Cox I have read. A good read, and enjoyed it.
Sónia
Há uns anos li outro livro desta autora e foi quase amor à primeira vista. Uma estória verossímil, simples mas muito bem construída. Logo aí fiquei com vontade de reler estar autora. Entretanto fui "conhecendo" outras escritoras e, ao ler esta obra, lembrei-me imenso de Lesley Pearse. É certo que a escrita não é tão apaixonada, tão emocional mas os temas em si e a forma como é dada a volta ao enredo têm laivos da autora de Nunca Digas Adeus. Julgo que Josephine Cox não é cá muito conhecida e é p...more
Kate
I have to admit I was upset with this novel. Josephine Cox used to be my fav. author yet I felt that this novel wasn't up to her usual standard. I shelled out £14 for this book (a lot, I feel, for a student) and there were typos and grammatical errors! I don't know whether I didn't like it as much due to the array of new and fantastic literature I have read recently; or if it's because the narrative was set in the '70s rather than 1900s+ like her other novels, but I was disappointed.
Emma
I must admit it was similar to Martina Cole, but with a happy ending. I started listening to it on audio and then finished reading it. It was a very quick read. It was a bit predictable but stil enjoyable.
Maddie is a night club singer, who is going out with the owner of the club, but it all changes when she tells him she is pregnant, there is a shoot out at the club and she is forced to go into hiding.
Grace
I absolutely loved this book and managed to read it very quickly. I was sad at the end with the decision made by the main character but understood why she made it. I would have liked to see what would have happened if she made the opposite decision.

This is a good entertaining book and should be a must for all Josephine Cox fans.
Nancy
I will have to try to read this book again sometime. It is just not pulling me back to read and I'm ready to move on to another book. I've read half of it but am not interested in continuing. This being said I gave it two stars.
Jocelyn
I only read this because I had nothing else at the time and my mum lent it to me.
A trashy chick-flick story for those more middle aged women. Very easy reading, very predictable and nothing of a great literary value.
Jeanette
I have read many books by Josephine Cox and have always enjoyed. Found the Songbird quite a page turner and as much as being quite predictable, it did cause me to wipe a tear or two away towards the end.
Abigailann (Abigail)

Not the sort of book I would normally choose to read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was interesting and vivid. The main character was intriguing. All in all, well worth a read.
Katie Q

I procrastinated in reading this and now I don't really know why. It was a wonderful story that made me happy sad and angry. Well written and very enjoyable.
Jude
Going to try and get passed the first chapter some other time. I just couldn't get into it after many attempts. Is that a bad review on the book or the reader? :)
Jo
first josephine cox book i have read and i really enjoyed - i liked how to twisted and lead you into the story before you realised it
Gill
Didn't bother to finish. Too predictable.
Ann
did not really this book at all.
Tracy Bethell
excellent story,loved it
Donnamarie
Donnamarie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Margaret Hurst
Margaret Hurst marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Tarasview
Tarasview marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014