Start by marking “Unstoppable Force” as Want to Read:
Unstoppable Force

Unstoppable Force

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Ethan Trent and Cale Brooks came from similar troubled pasts, but their current lives couldn't be more different: Ethan runs a multi-million dollar technology firm; Cale sleeps with men for money. Neither of them believe in happy-ever-after - until fate throws them together, and Ethan starts thinking about a future that Cale can't let himself imagine.
ebook
Published by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Unstoppable Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unstoppable Force

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderThe Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie DeeSoul Bonds by Lynn LorenzEasy by Ally BlueBe My Boy by Casey K. Cox
Best Gay Rent Boys
60th out of 192 books — 323 voters
Force of Law by Jez MorrowTruth in the Dark by Amy LaneA Note in the Margin by Isabelle RowanFrog by Mary CalmesCinder by Marie Sexton
Best Gay Cinderfellas
93rd out of 187 books — 332 voters

More lists with this book...

ElaineY
Mar 01, 2009 ElaineY rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
This was just a 2.5 star OK+ for me. While sweet and saccharine, I found it a little too short to make this fairytale realistic. Ethan pays for two weeks of sex with male whore, Cale, and both fall in love with each other within 24-48 hours? I don't mind that (this IS fantasy, after all!) but the story's length did not allow for the two characters' similarity of background to be built up and as such, when the story begins, Ethan is already a successful businessman and Cale is a prostitute.

This i
Gigi
This was a re-read after a two year interlude.

I absolutely love a rags to riches story and Unstoppable Force definitely falls into that category. MC Cale Brooks is a high priced escort who has been purchased by wealthy self-made business man MC Ethan Trent for two weeks of unbridled sex. Cale is a man on the run from a nasty ex-pimp and Ethan prefers the company of whores because he hates the thought of developing feelings for the men he is sleeping with. Of course these two men feel a connectio
Elisa Rolle
This book has written "Cinderfella" all over the pages... there is also a fairy godmother in the guise of the very special male escort agency owner who matches Cinderfella alias Pretty Man Cale to Multi-Millionaire Prince Charming Ethan.

So, see, I can't be too hard with this story, since it's all about romance, and I can't not like a romance; doesn't matter if the story is unbelievable, if the cynical in me continued to say that a man like Ethan will never and never fall in love with Cale, I wan
Chris
Good m/m romance about a successful businessman who doesn't believe in love, so he simply hires high-class prostitutes for a weekend or a few weeks. And then he hires a guy who starts to really get under his skin... and whose past isn't quite ready to let him go. This would've been a much better read if everything hadn't been tidied it up in half a chapter and an epilogue - it definitely felt rushed.
Erotic Horizon
Ethan Trent is at the pinnacle of his career and his life - if truth be told. Having met the right person at a difficult phase of his life – he has made something of himself and enjoying every moment of it. Nowhere more so than in his personal life, does he take pride in knowing that he can make a choice of who to spend time with.

Having gone through the usual route to organize a young man for the night – he’s surprised by the reaction he has for one photo in particular and sets the wheels in mo
Sunne Manello
That one was okay to read once but even while reading it for the first time during some parts I had the feeling that I have read them before. I missed some kind of orginality but especially the love scenes felt like stereotypes. I think books that include phrases like "become addicted to that man", "beautiful, responisve man", "the most incredible sexy sound", "burning hunger that matched his own" or "the sound fueling to his desire" are no longer for me. They feel like clichee and get boring.

A
S.
I think I've sussed out what it is about Lisa Marie Davis's books that was niggling at me - not necessarily in a negative way, but niggling nevertheless. They are just like the Mills & Boon stories I used to devour as a child. Slightly formulaic - although hot sex between two guys never quite made it into the Mills & Boon I read when I was a teenager!!! - but the HEA is never in doubt and I find myself reading in quite a detached fashion.

I enjoyed Unstoppable Force but admit I can't qui
Neet
Ethan Trent owns a muli-million dollar technology firm and is looking for a little rr and on that front he hires a high class male prostitute for this. After looking at a photograph of handsome and desireable Cale Brooks, he knows that this is the man he would like to spend 2 weeks getting to know. Cale has been running since he was 16 years old, fist from an abusive (both physically and sexually) step-father, and then from an abusive pimp/mafia wanna-be Nick. Both these abusive men in Cale's li ...more
Kazza
This book started out well, sexy, interesting, with much potential. Unfortunately it just got bogged down in a big cliche of hooker meets millionaire with schmaltzy results.

The sex, when it happened, was nice but, ironically, it happened too infrequently for a hooker/client hook-up book. It was a bit too clean for me.

If I never hear the words "I'm a whore, you're a whore" again it will be too soon. Seriously, it was thrown out there with alacrity.

The book was not bad, as I said when they were p
Wendy Ann
This story reminded me a lot of "Pretty Woman" except with two male characters who came together via an arranged meeting. I love rooting for the underdog and I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'm totally okay with being able to suspend some skepticism on the viability of a scene playing out in real life the way it's portrayed in a story. I want to be able to escape real life, get totally absorbed in the story, and have ridiculous hope for the HEA. Well, this book delivered all of those things in spade ...more
Gaby Franz
I think that this book is fine but not incredible.
The story begins well but in a moment it seemed a fairy tale.
I prefer the stories more real and less "fairy tales".
The novel is excellently written and the characters caraceterísticas well described.
I love this author and recommend his books are usually very romantic. If you like reading a romantic book, this is one of them.
melek
Ethan is a a multi millionaire, then comes cale an high-class male escort who ethan hires for 2 weeks, but what they will realize at the end of the 2 weeks or less they will fall in love but that's not all. Cales past is catching up with him and all cale want to do is run but will it be different this time.
Gwengwel
Is Dane going to go and punish all the other clients Cale had?
If not why punish Ethan particularly? Ho yeah, because he is the 'hero'.
Kira
Sep 30, 2011 Kira rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m

Cute rent boy fairy tale.

Nothing new, good writing, insta-love. That's about it.

Not bad but nothing amazing either.
Marta L.
A patchwork of cliches...

They could have been a hetero couple with the same luck....or a Disney animation duo.
CB
I really enjoyed this story. I wished it has been longer so we could have gotten to know them even more!
Laura YA indie princess
A really nice m-m romance. Well worth the read.
Kat
2.5 rounded up
Lestweship
Lestweship marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Yolanda Bethune
Yolanda Bethune marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
N.
N. marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Joanna Helms
Joanna Helms marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Gary Jones
Gary Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Ardis
Ardis marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Hot Ticket - A Serving Love Story
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • Lord and Master (Lord and Master, #1)
  • Mile High (Men in Motion, #1)
  • Eros Rising
  • My Father's Lover
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • Bound by Deception (Bound, #1)
  • Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1)
  • Switch
  • Snowed In
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Call Me Sir (Sir, #1)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
Born and raised in Florida, Lisa spends her time writing and babysitting her nearly three-year-old nephew, Zach. A night owl, most of her writing gets done well after one in the morning when the rest of the world is happily sleeping.

Visit her blog at http://lisamariedavis.livejournal.com/.
More about Lisa Marie Davis...
Loving Lucas Dreams Come True When Love Comes Back Around Full Circle The End Game