Soulmates Dissipate

Soulmates Dissipate (Soulmates Dissipate Series #1)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  2,371 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Beautiful fashion photographer Jada has no trouble getting the man she wants. From their first touch, Jada knows Wellington is the soulmate she's been looking for. But can she overcome the competition from the tenacious Melanie, and deal with Wellington's overbearing mother?
Published April 1st 2003 by Kensington (first published 2000)

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahPush by SapphireTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsB-More Careful by Shannon HolmesThe Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X
Good Urban Literature
19th out of 140 books — 214 voters
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesColters' Woman by Maya BanksColters' Lady by Maya Banks
Complete Erotic Romance Series
169th out of 215 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Layne
Dec 20, 2007 Layne rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love terrible writing.
Shelves: book-discussion
*Spoilers ahead.

I can appreciate a fun, cheesy melodrama now and then, but this is just horrible. This is the first of a best-selling series by a well-known African-American author. I wish I could understand what people find interesting about it.

The writing is atrocious. Morrison's descriptions are totally redundant. Her "dark chocolate skin," his "caramel hand," her "dark chocolate thighs," his "caramel shoulders." So on and so forth. I think she tells about his "six foot frame" at least six t...more
Adra
A novel that you read more than once., March 1, 2007

This review is from: Soulmates Dissipate (Paperback)
I was blown away from the various turns and directions this book takes you on. Although the meat of the book pertains to a couple contemplating on taking their relationship to the next level,it provided a spritual context as well. I was impressed with minister in this book. One of favorite parts of the book is when the minister tells the congregation to pick a incarcerated pen-pal to write...more
Pamela Greer
Dec 18, 2008 Pamela Greer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
This is a good book..If you are familiar with Mary B. Morrison you know she writes a lot of books! and she is a VERY sensual writer. She is sensual in a good way, that is very thought provoking to the reader. Very tasteful. This is the first in the installment of about six novels that centers around Wellington and Jada Diamond. This book is just the beginning of a chance meeting that will span a lifetime literally! I enjoy Mary. B. Morrison's writing and this book was the one that started it all...more
Chella
I was so disappointed. The story line had potential. I love a good drama, however this reminded me of a very low budget soap opera if there can even be such a thing. Can't believe I paid for this book. Jada is a beautiful african-american woman who finds a soulmate in Wellington. As their love blossoms, Jada is confronted with Melanie, a friend from Wellington's past and his monster of a mom Cynthia. As she battles these two evils Jada learns that happily ever after is not found in others, but i...more
Stephanie
What a book! It was chock full of 4 D's... drama, deception, discrimination and disaster.That made for a perfect guilty pleasure.

SOULAMTES DISSIPATE is the story of Jada and Wellington, two people in love and and engaged to be married... but for how long? The two are made out to be this perfect couple, but that is soon tested when Melanie, a long-time friend of Wellington's family comes into the picture.
Wellington's mother is not fond of Jada, because she doesn't fit into her "class of people"....more
Sabrina
Certainly not the type of book I was expecting to read! Based on the title I thought it would be a typical love story! Within the first few pages I realized I was in for a sensual, tantalizing story! Yay!! Good Reads thank you so much for this recommendation! I can't wait to read the sequel!
Teleka
This book was excellent. I wished I would have gotten into Mary B Morrison when she first cam out with this book. Now I feel like I am playing catch-up.
Nicole
This is a very good series. It's not ghetto at all. The story line keeps you entertained and focused the whole time. Defiently a must read series....
Naty
Absolutely loved this story!!! Couldn't wait to read the next one!
Marthe
I'm pretty sure the author picked the most contrived and stereotypical names you can come up with - Jada, Wellington, Jazzmyne, Candice et al. Independent Black Woman, Jada, looks for her Mr Right. His "friend" gets pregnant to get him to marry her...(typical, right?) and Jada ends up with her Mr Right.
Uunnecessarily, overly descriptive throughout:
"His black silk pajama pants - imported from Italy - hung below his waistline...His bare caramel-candied chest looked like heâd hired a professional...more
Loretta
Soulmates Dissipate by Mary B. Morrison

Jada Diamond Tanner. In her name, lies excellence, beauty, intelligence and honesty.

She expected the finer things in life from those involved, and nothing less. As a photographer, she captured souls through the view her lens would provide. It was what she loved to do.

With men at her heels, Jada never lacked for companionship. What she did miss, was the fullness a relationship could provide.

Enter Wellington Jones...a man with the looks, means and willpower t...more
Trina
Sep 23, 2008 Trina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves good romantic fiction.
Considering this was Mary B Morrison's very first published books I feel it was amazing even thought there were a few MINOR cracks in the armor. The story and plot was EXCELLENT! The one small beef I would add is that she tends to OVER describe certain things with in the text.

There was one point where she describes a rub and it is so vivid that you literally feel you know this rug or as if it is a part of your home. This is a GREAT tool used by many writers it is actually one you learn as you a...more
J
(FROM JACKET)Exquisite, ebony-skinned fashion photographer Jada Diamond Tanner may have her pick of fine men, but no one has captured her heart like gorgeous financial advisor Wellington Jones. From the moment of their first embrace, Jada is sure he is the soulmate she has waited for.
But while the love she shares with Wellington is exhilarating, Jada finds herself facing challenges she never could have imagined-from Melanie Thompson, bright, beautiful, and talented, but hungry for the love she...more
Rebecca
Love Soulmates Dissipate

Jada and Wellington went through a lot. They were soulmates. I really enjoyed this book. It had twists that weren't seen but understood. If you haven't read a Mary B. Morrison book this is a good one. I would recommend this book.
Teaguem2005
3.75 Read this before but cldnt remember. Liked it better this time around. The fact that they introduced each other using their first, middle, last, plus still cracks ne up but I digress. This was a really good read without slow spots. Many people really don't understand the soulmate concept but I understand that there are forces out there working against you sometimes that aim to interrupt your flow. Just because you find your soulmate doesn't mean you'll have your happily ever after. Wellingt...more
Wendy
Good but the character Jada is portrayed as a strong black professional woman yet she is
weak in love. The drama was Jerry Springer like. I will read the next one though.
Delicia
I really enjoyed this book. I kinda struggled in the beginning because it was all mushy stuff and I am not much of a mushy person but when the drama began that's when I perked up. LOL! I like drama. Don't get me wrong I love a good love story but I can do with out the mushy stuff because unfortunately that only happens in fairytales. Anyway it turned out to be a very good book and I am going to start the sequel, Never again once more cause I must see what happens next. This is one I would recomm...more
Lakiya Chapman
this was a good book to read as well
Zindzhi
Cool summer read. I initially picked it up to read, got thru the first two chapters then put it down. Then I was off work a few days and picked it back up and finished it the same day. Hot, steamy and somewhat realistic. However, some parts were not fleshed out too well...probably to conceal the sequels that follow this one. Still I'm looking forward to them. Mary B. Morrison is a pretty good author, though. So check it out in your spareness of time.
Nardsbaby Reader
More Like A Sexual Revelation

I read this and I like that these were prominent blacks, who were willing to help people. That is very important. It seemed like they were more attached sexually than through the heart, and it was predictable. I will read part 2 just to see what unfolds. Maybe this should be the all African American soap opera we're missing.
Teffany
Great book. Difficult to read OTHER books by this author because she uses the same characters from prior books, and spends the better half of the book trying to bring the reader up to speed. Doesn't make for an easy read. But this particular book was a great story, without TMI on each characters background.
Norman LaVelle
I like the book, it seemed like it should be the beginning of a new soap. You will be surprised by the soul mates in the stories is all that I can say without giving away the story. Character discriptions started to bore me after awhile because they just seem to be redundant. Over all it was a good read.
Mariaelayna
Painfully slow read. Jada's character developed over the course of the book as she realized she lost focus of her dream. The explicit scenes, and they were graphic, honed they point of what happens when you lose yourself in a moment
Didi
This one set it off.
Zezee
I enjoyed reading this book. I did not find the writing to be great but the story was entertaining. It was a nice book to read when I was in my romance/erotic/urban-fiction phase. I enjoy re-reading it and have done so many times.
Michelle Johnson-lane
I love Mary's style of writing. We have very similar writing styles. She's a great writer and works her magic with placing you right into the scene. When I grow up (become an accomplished author), I want to be just like Mary B. Morrison.
Keisha Webb-Gibbs
This book should be read first in Mary B. Morrison's series of books that link Jada, Wellington and Darius. It was a good book cause it tied togethre all the other books in her series I read preivously.

MavLit Publishing

Probably Mary's best work. It was different for the time, although I did not read it when it came out in 2000. But the writing and storyline was something that I could indentify with.
Tamara
I read this entire series...and could not get enough! Very good story line with, sexy, exciting characters. Ms. Morrision keeps you turning those pages! This is a must read series.
Love and hate 8 39 Nov 23, 2012 06:51PM
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Diary of a Mistress
  • Shame on It All
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • Casting the First Stone (Reverend Curtis Black, #1)
Mary B. Morrison, New York Times best-selling author is the up and coming artist with a multiple book-to-film deal. Mary has seventeen published novels including her newest release, If I Can’t Have You.

She writes for Kensington Publishing Corporation as Mary B. Morrison and Grand Central Publishing as HoneyB. In her novels Mary addresses social and sexual issues while empowering her female charact...more
More about Mary B. Morrison...
Sweeter Than Honey Somebody's Gotta Be On Top When Somebody Loves You Back Never Again Once More He's Just A Friend