Start by marking “Ježeva kućica” as Want to Read:
Ježeva kućica

Ježeva kućica

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,021 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Please meet Hedgemond the Hunter - a brave and stubborn little hedgehog. Down in the wild woods he proudly tends his beloved house, but there are some animals who just can’t understand what the fuss is about. Find out just how Hedgemond proves to the grumpy bear and the greedy boar that there is no place like home.
Hedgehog’s House is a story about caring for your natural h
Published January 1st 2002 by Faust Vrančić (first published January 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Ježeva kućica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ježeva kućica

The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo AndrićDeath and the Dervish by Meša SelimovićProkleta avlija by Ivo AndrićThe Fortress by Meša SelimovićJeževa kućica by Branko Ćopić
Best South Slavic Literature
5th out of 209 books — 160 voters
The Lorax by Dr. SeussThe Arrival by Shaun TanMiss Rumphius by Barbara CooneyMake Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskeyYou're Only Old Once! by Dr. Seuss
Picture books for adults
93rd out of 113 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

ivoonaa
ali je moj,
tu sam slobodan
i gazda svoj.
Ivana
This wonderful children's story is also available in English. In case that somebody is interested here's the publisher's address http://www.istrosbooks.com/products/b...

Povratak u djetinjstvo, baš sam pogledala na youtube i ima vezija ove priče, baš lijepo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aluerg...)
Prekrasna i poučna priča za djecu. Ah, te stare priče za djecu, danas je sve nekako hiperaktivno, ni priče za djecu nemaju onu neku jednostavnost, zapravo sve je manje priča. No, dobro možda je više p
Jana
If you didn't know this book by heart, oooo, you suck!

I think every elementary school had a recital competition with this one.

Mental pictures from their dinners are still in my head.

Loved it, still so so love it.
Dani California
When I was little, we had this on vinyl! They always played it for me on my uncle's old record player... Beautiful memories - twelve years later, I can still recite it by heart.
Zrinka Jelic
This poem is about a hedgehog and his love for his humble home and I, as many, read it to my younger cousins and nephew so many times that I memorized it. It rhymes and it's very catchy. I attempted to translate it, but it's right down impossible. Much is lost to translation. I'll give you the first three verses, to get the taste of it. NOTE: this is my attempt not an official translation, if there's one.

FAMOUS HUNTER

Through out forest,
Without path,
Without way,
Hedgy Hedgehog,
Wanders all day.

Hu
Piet Michael
I didn't get every single word, but it's a harmless little tale for children. Nice.
FreeNightFalls
I can't even describe how much I love this story. It is imprinted on my mind: the proud hedgehog, the stars, the moon, the night in the woods, his little home, the animals he meets. I can almost feel the breeze, the flowers, the chirping of the crickets. It is one of the children's story that I will remember until I'm alive.
Molly
"Po šumi, širom,. bez staze, puta, Ježurka Ježić povazdan luta." Is there a person in Croatia that read at least two books, and doesn't know these verses? I don't think so.
Aleksandar
Jednoga dana, videli nismo, Jezic je, kazu, dobio pismo...:)
sonja
My Grandfather brought me this book when he visited from Bosna when I was a kid, and I loved it so much as a child even though I didn't know čirilica very well and my dad had to help me along. I had forgotten all about this book in the past couple years but suddenly was reminded when I was painting a fox and remembered the Miss Fox from the story. It'll stay with me forever, it's fricken magnificent.
Iva
Still have it, and still I read it every now and again. It is a story I will cherish forever.
Lana
Book of my childhood... :-)
Ivana
Last night I read this to my daughter and she was thrilled!

However, in this paper and older elementary school students could learn a lot, and they probably have already forgotten this story - I have a new challenge! :-)
Lyra Belacqua
This one was my first at the age of 3, i got it for Christmas and i read it immediately. 25 years later and i remember every single word. Secrets are well kept in the playground. As simple as it gets.
Amina
Jul 29, 2012 Amina added it
first one in elementary school :))
Marina
djetinjstvo!
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Almejandra Fragoso
Almejandra Fragoso marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • Gospoda Glembajevi
  • Aska i vuk
  • Duga
  • Nečista krv
Branko Ćopić (Cyrillic: Бранко Ћопић; January 1, 1915 – March 26, 1984) was a Serbian and Yugoslav writer. He was an ethnic Serb born in the village of Hašani near Bosanska Krupa. He attended schools in Bihać, Banja Luka, Sarajevo and Karlovac before moving to Belgrade to study philosophy at the University of Belgrade until his graduation in 1940.

Upon the uprising in the Bosanska Krajina in 1941,
More about Branko Ćopić...
Orlovi rano lete (Pionirska trilogija, #1) Magareće godine Bašta sljezove boje Doživljaji Nikoletine Bursaća Doživljaji mačka Toše