Start by marking “Ježeva kućica” as Want to Read:
Ježeva kućica

Ježeva kućica

4.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,306 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Please meet Hedgemond the Hunter - a brave and stubborn little hedgehog. Down in the wild woods he proudly tends his beloved house, but there are some animals who just can’t understand what the fuss is about. Find out just how Hedgemond proves to the grumpy bear and the greedy boar that there is no place like home.
Hedgehog’s House is a story about caring for your natural h
Published January 1st 2002 by Faust Vrančić (first published January 1st 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Ježeva kućica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ježeva kućica

The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo AndrićDeath and the Dervish by Meša SelimovićProkleta avlija by Ivo AndrićThe Fortress by Meša SelimovićJeževa kućica by Branko Ćopić
Best South Slavic Literature
5th out of 267 books — 179 voters
Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Best Kids Books Ever
341st out of 785 books — 612 voters

More lists with this book...

ivoonaa
tu sam slobodan
i gazda svoj.
Ivana
Dec 15, 2011 Ivana rated it really liked it
This wonderful children's story is also available in English. In case that somebody is interested here's the publisher's address http://www.istrosbooks.com/products/b...

Povratak u djetinjstvo, baš sam pogledala na youtube i ima vezija ove priče, baš lijepo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aluerg...)
Prekrasna i poučna priča za djecu. Ah, te stare priče za djecu, danas je sve nekako hiperaktivno, ni priče za djecu nemaju onu neku jednostavnost, zapravo sve je manje priča. No, dobro možda je više p
Jana
Jun 04, 2009 Jana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
If you didn't know this book by heart, oooo, you suck!

I think every elementary school had a recital competition with this one.

Mental pictures from their dinners are still in my head.

Loved it, still so so love it.
freenightfalls
Feb 16, 2014 freenightfalls rated it it was amazing
I can't even describe how much I love this story. It is imprinted on my mind: the proud hedgehog, the stars, the moon, the night in the woods, his little home, the animals he meets. I can almost feel the breeze, the flowers, the chirping of the crickets. It is one of the children's story that I will remember until I'm alive.
Dani California
Dec 31, 2012 Dani California rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-growing-up
When I was little, we had this on vinyl! They always played it for me on my uncle's old record player... Beautiful memories - twelve years later, I can still recite it by heart.
Zrinka Jelic
Jun 03, 2012 Zrinka Jelic rated it it was amazing
This poem is about a hedgehog and his love for his humble home and I, as many, read it to my younger cousins and nephew so many times that I memorized it. It rhymes and it's very catchy. I attempted to translate it, but it's right down impossible. Much is lost to translation. I'll give you the first three verses, to get the taste of it. NOTE: this is my attempt not an official translation, if there's one.

FAMOUS HUNTER

Through out forest,
Without path,
Without way,
Hedgy Hedgehog,
Wanders all day.

Hu
Piet Michael
I didn't get every single word, but it's a harmless little tale for children. Nice.
Kristina Pavljasevic
Oct 15, 2015 Kristina Pavljasevic rated it it was amazing
Meni jedna od najdražih dječijih knjiga, uvijek je rado čitam.
Novenda
Sep 19, 2015 Novenda rated it it was amazing
šta reći :)
sonja
Jan 04, 2015 sonja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Grandfather brought me this book when he visited from Bosna when I was a kid, and I loved it so much as a child even though I didn't know čirilica very well and my dad had to help me along. I had forgotten all about this book in the past couple years but suddenly was reminded when I was painting a fox and remembered the Miss Fox from the story. It'll stay with me forever, it's fricken magnificent.
Lyra Belacqua
Nov 12, 2013 Lyra Belacqua rated it it was amazing
This one was my first at the age of 3, i got it for Christmas and i read it immediately. 25 years later and i remember every single word. Secrets are well kept in the playground. As simple as it gets.
Molly
Oct 03, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
"Po šumi, širom,. bez staze, puta, Ježurka Ježić povazdan luta." Is there a person in Croatia that read at least two books, and doesn't know these verses? I don't think so.
Aleksandar
Jul 28, 2011 Aleksandar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ex-yu
Jednoga dana, videli nismo, Jezic je, kazu, dobio pismo...:)
Dzenana Brkic
Nov 02, 2015 Dzenana Brkic rated it it was amazing
Tako je lijepo prisjetiti se djetinjstva. Čitajući ovo, osjetila sam se tako opuštenom i osmijeh mi je zatitrao na usnama. Svaku noć bi trebalo pročitati nešto iz djetinjstva da ti uljepša snove. :) :)
Marko
Jun 03, 2015 Marko marked it as to-read
I am in Australia and would like to purchase this edition of the book. Where can I find it?
Iva
Mar 18, 2015 Iva rated it it was amazing
Still have it, and still I read it every now and again. It is a story I will cherish forever.
Dusko Lazanski
Aug 23, 2015 Dusko Lazanski rated it it was amazing
To samo hulje, nosi ih vrag,
za ručak daju svoj rodni prag!
Lana
Jul 02, 2014 Lana rated it it was amazing
Book of my childhood... :-)
majstoricamagije
Jan 10, 2013 majstoricamagije rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prim-lit
Last night I read this to my daughter and she was thrilled!

However, in this paper and older elementary school students could learn a lot, and they probably have already forgotten this story - I have a new challenge! :-)
Amina
Jul 29, 2012 Amina added it
first one in elementary school :))
Marina
Jan 06, 2014 Marina rated it it was amazing
djetinjstvo!
Nataša Mićić
Oct 30, 2012 Nataša Mićić rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood
Bookish Girl
Bookish Girl rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Ana Marija
Ana Marija rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Valentina
Valentina rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Antonija
Antonija rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Isadora Mello
Isadora Mello marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
  • Zabranjena vrata
  • Aska i vuk
  • Jazavac pred sudom
  • Duga
Branko Ćopić (Cyrillic: Бранко Ћопић; January 1, 1915 – March 26, 1984) was a Serbian and Yugoslav writer. He was an ethnic Serb born in the village of Hašani near Bosanska Krupa. He attended schools in Bihać, Banja Luka, Sarajevo and Karlovac before moving to Belgrade to study philosophy at the University of Belgrade until his graduation in 1940.

Upon the uprising in the Bosanska Krajina in 1941,
More about Branko Ćopić...