Start by marking “Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)

Cybermage (Worldweavers #3)

This year at the Wandless Academy feels all wrong to Thea. Her best friend, Magpie, will barely give her the time of day. Ben's been moody and dismissive. Since when did Tess have a boyfriend? And why is Humphrey May, agent for the Federal Bureau of Magic, lurking around the Academy?

Thea is out of sorts--in all ways, magical and otherwise--and that's before she discovers s
Published February 10th 2009 by Harper Teen (first published January 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cybermage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cybermage

Shari  Mulluane
May 15, 2009 Shari Mulluane rated it it was amazing
Thea has had an interesting life up to this point but while she has had to deal with some serious and life altering issues, she has had the protection of the world at large believing she has no magic. This is about to change in a big way. Once again, Thea is put into a position where she has no idea who to trust. Even her loyal circle of friends appears to have their own agendas, leaving Thea feeling pretty hurt and abandoned. Boy did this strike a cord with me. How well do I remember my friends ...more
Heather
This book was the best of the series. An engaging and interesting homage to Nicola Tesla as well as a cool meditation on how what he did paved the way for modern computers (with a lot of magic thrown in, of course). I liked it that Thea never "sold out" with her powers and that she never became focused on guys, although I did get the hint of romance that I wanted. One of those rare books for teens that neither worships nor vilifies romance, and a rare and weird blending of sci-fi and fantasy.

I w
Melissa Hayden
Feb 16, 2011 Melissa Hayden rated it really liked it
We pick up with Thea and her magicless friends in another school year at the Wandless Academy. But everyone is starting to grow up and changing - new friends and boyfriends. Thea still feels guilty for what was done to Diego in the last book and having troubles dealing with it. Humphrey May, from the FBM, shows up at the school to see if Thea could help him again, with the Elemental Cube that was found in the bag the Trickster had. Thea brings her friends together again and could unlock new poss ...more
Dixie A.
Mar 07, 2015 Dixie A. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The final book in the series, and certainly not a disappointment. We finally get to find out what Thea's power is called (although I think it's sort of a cop out calling the cyberworld an element, of all things) as she and her friends solve the puzzle of the elemental cube from the last book and find Nikola Tesla trapped inside. Or his spirit, at least.

It turns out that Tesla decided to separate his elemental powers from himself in some vague scheme to live forever. Instead, he succeeded in kill
Meredith
Aug 10, 2009 Meredith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alma-alexander
This book out of the whole trilogy is so filled with adventure and excitement. It's a rollercoaster ride with nothing but 1000 ft drops and upside down loops. So buckle your seat belts and keep all limbs in the book and get ready for a fun and bumpy ride.
Michaela
Oct 14, 2011 Michaela rated it it was amazing
i wish the series was longer;it felt like there could have been a couple more books to completely end the story.
Megan
Recommends it for: Upper YA, Lower YA, Upper MG
Why did it have to end?
Aelvana
Dec 30, 2014 Aelvana rated it liked it
Thea's last year at Wandless Academy isn't exactly going as planned. Her friends have all, for one reason or another, turned into strangers, leaving her adrift, confused, and lonely. Then Humphrey May returns with an intriguing puzzle: the white cube Thea recovered from the Trickster has defied all the FBM's attempts to uncover its secrets. What Thea finds sends her on a journey pursuing the life of Nikola Telsa, history's only quad-Elemental mage---dead, but perhaps not quite gone. . .

I struggl
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Thea has returned to the Wandless Academy, but everything seems off this school year. It doesn't help that her roommate, Magpie, seems to have entered another world, wanting to be part of the popular crowd. But like the past, Humphrey May shows up at her school, and Thea is off on another adventure with her friends.

Thea is asked to uncover the secret of a mysterious cube. With the help of her friends, Thea uses her elemental powers to reveal what is inside.
Crim
May 08, 2016 Crim rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the previous 2 books, but something was off with this one. First of all, the writing seemed very low-end YA. Secondly, it was both rushed and boring; the book seemed to set things up for a 4th one with only a few interesting scenes along the way. Plot aside, the characterization was thin, using a rough sketch of either YA cliches (Magpie's pointless change for most of the book) or the bones of what was already previously established - Ben was very, very annoying as a result. Wha ...more
Ju
Jun 29, 2009 Ju rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not read the first 2 in this series, but still I enjoyed this book. At the very end I felt I was perhaps missing something but overall it didn't matter.
Jenna Thomas-mckie
Jenna Thomas-mckie rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Siddharth Jain
Siddharth Jain rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Elizabeth Basler
Feb 28, 2010 Elizabeth Basler marked it as to-read
I really want to read this book, but I can't find a place that sells it :(
Snuffle
Snuffle rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2009
Emily Lo
Emily Lo rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2011
Willa
Willa rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Ash
Ash rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2012
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Bruce
Bruce rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Lilian Deforest
Lilian Deforest rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2009
Sophy
Sophy rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2010
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Nikola Tesla 1 2 Jun 12, 2009 09:22PM
  • The House of Grey - Volume 3
  • Guinevere's Gamble (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #2)
  • Rogue's Home (Knight and Rogue, #2)
  • City of Fire (City Trilogy, #1)
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • Avielle Of Rhia
  • Ada: Legend of a Healer
  • World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • The Other Book
  • A Wizard of Mars (Young Wizards, #9)
  • Dragon and Liberator (Dragonback, #6)
  • Doomraga's Revenge (Merlin Saga, #7)
  • The Remarkable & Very True Story of Lucy & Snowcap
  • Gateway
  • Dark Hunger (Demonborn #2)
  • One Deadly Sin
  • Unseen
  • The Sea of Storms (Lodestone, #1)
ALMA ALEXANDER is a novelist who writes for both adults ("The Secrets of Jin Shei", "Embers of Heaven", "Midnight at Spanish Gardens", "The Hidden Queen", "Changer of Days") and YA audiences (the Worldweavers trilogy, "Gift of the Unmage", "Spellspam", "Cybermage","Dawn of Magic" - as well as the new series, The Were Chronicles, "Random", "Wolf" and "Shifter")

Her work has been translated into 14
More about Alma Alexander...

Worldweavers (4 books)
  • Gift of the Unmage (Worldweavers, #1)
  • Spellspam (Worldweavers, #2)
  • Dawn of Magic (Worldweavers, #4)