Start by marking “Heute schon geträumt?” as Want to Read:
Heute schon geträumt?

Heute schon geträumt?

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  4,432 Ratings  ·  326 Reviews
If only you knew then what you know now…

Imagine you could go back ten years and meet your younger self – would you recognise her? And what advice would you give?
•Wear sunscreen
•Back away from those PVC trousers
•DON’T give that idiot your phone number
•Lemon juice won’t bleach your hair – it just attracts wasps…
•He's The One - don't let him get away

For Charlotte Merryweathe
441 pages
Published (first published December 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heute schon geträumt?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heute schon geträumt?

Sara
Who's That Girl? By Alexandra Potter
As I felt before with Alexandra Potter’s books, I think she picks great ideas and then doesn’t develop them enough.
The great idea here was: what if you could travel back in time and advise yourself not to make the same mistakes you did?
The poor development was:
1. The first 30% of the book was utter B.O.R.E.D.O.M.E.! You have to force yourself through it. I mean, if I buy a book about travelling back in time I can’t wait for it to happen! She makes you wait 11
mrsj
Jun 09, 2010 mrsj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply amazing. A magical story that makes you reflect and ponder what you are doing in life and if you are really happy in what you are doing now?

Charlotte Merryweather is 31, successful, owns a PR agency, has her own apartment, dresses in designer wears, has a boyfriend and a very very busy and hectic lifestyle.
But, is she happy?

Out of the sudden, while out driving, she saw a girl who looks like her, 10 yrs ago.
And chance upon a guy whom she did not notice 10yrs ago.
What happened next is simpl
kari
Jun 21, 2011 kari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Intriguing premise, not well executed......and tedious.
This could have been a great story if the author had actually committed to what she was setting out to create, but she didn't seem to know how to actually do that.
If the story is about going back in time to help yourself make other decisions, then the characters should do that and as an author you should do that and not have it that she can't actually change anything. Other wise you've wasted not only the character's time, but also mine and
honeybee
Oct 26, 2012 honeybee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads, reviewed

Reading the back of the book, I admit I was already excited at the idea of this story. I was thinking a little too much along the lines of "being Erica" (goggle it if you don’t know it as if you enjoyed this book you will enjoy the TV series) and perhaps even a little sci-fi-ish....? (I said ish). I know it’s a chick-lit but come-on, it’s time travel all mixed into the pot!
I thought Charlotte was a little dumb at times, I doubted she was made of the hard stuff a women needs to have to survive in
Isabella
Jul 23, 2014 Isabella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, magic, romagic
This book is utterly boring!! The going back in time is barely explored... I expected some general end-line moral about how you shouldn't change your past because it would change who you are, BUT some things she should have changed!! By not changing it, and by mentioning what she didn't change, the author added sadness to an already dreadful book.
Plus i felt like the biggest part of the book was about her job, B.O.R.I.N.G.
Disappointing.
Stefani
Jun 04, 2012 Stefani rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit and Alexandra Poter fans
Shelves: chick-lit
The character tries to stop herself doing the mistakes she did when she was younger (Now that she knows it was wrong!) but she can't stop it. It is how it was supposed to happen.

I didn't understand the end. Did she dream of herself when she was 21 because of the medicines or what?
It has a happy ending, but it seems to me that something is missing.

Overall impressions: something is missing.
Amy
Jun 12, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I got about a 1/3 of the way through the book, but it is just boring. The premise is reasonably intersting, but the writing is just dull. I wouldn't recommend it, but maybe someone else would enjoy it.
Carol
Sep 04, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a wonderful book.
Hold on to your dreams!
Norah Sumner
''OK, so I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm relaxed as such, but who is these days? I run a company. I have a mortgage, and responsibilities, and lines round my eyes to take care of. I mean, it's not like I'm twenty-one any more.And thank goodness.''

Okay,this was such a fun book.Like all Alexandra's characters,Charlotte(one of my favourite names,btw)is sooo relatable and lovable.She might be a PR manager,but she's not as serious as her title say she is.She changed a lot since her twenties-she t
Miaoxiaoyan
Oct 03, 2009 Miaoxiaoyan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elle Temu
Aug 25, 2013 Elle Temu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why I decided to read this book?
I was looking through the library for a new book I would read, I saw the title and it reminded me of a well-known song so I thought I would grab it and read the synopsis. The synopsis made me want to read the book even more.

What category on the bingo board this book completes?
The category this book completes is a book with a female main character. I find it really interesting reading books about other females. It gives me an insight on how other females live and
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
My first Alexandra Potter book was Going La La and after that I read Be Careful What You Wish For. I’ve also read Me & Mr Darcy but can’t really remember it. Who’s That Girl? is more in the Me & Mr Darcy vein that the other two as both main characters see – apparently – someone from long ago – Mr Darcy in Me & Mr Darcy and Charlotte see’s her twenty-one-year-old self Lottie.

I enjoyed the book in as much as it was an easy, told-in-first-person read and didn’t seem the 363 pages it act
Imogen
Lovely stuff! Just what I needed to keep me happy and giggling!
Cynthia
Jan 21, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I read written by Alexandra Potter(The first is Me and Mr.Darcy, pretty boring to be honest!!) and I am SURPRISED how much I'm fond of it despite they are from the same author -.-

Most fantasy book make their characters able to change what they've done wrong during time travel, however Charlotte/Lottie(I prefer Lottie actually) didn't succed instead she understands the fact that maybe after 10 years, the moment to start with Mr.Barman right is finally right. Being abl
Suzanne
Oct 17, 2010 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
Imagine if one day, you had the opportunity to meet your younger self? What would you tell this person? Would you have any specific advice for them?

This is exactly what happened to Charlotte Merryweather, a successful public relations executive in London. At age 31, she has her own PR firm, a stylish wardrobe, a personal trainer and what would seem like the perfect boyfriend for the perfect life. Underneath it all, is a stressed out executive who at the bottom of her heart, wonders if she's mad
Amy Herbert
Mar 17, 2015 Amy Herbert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Genuinely the worst book I have ever read. You can accurately predict the entire plot after a few chapters, it's hideously cliched in every way, dialogue, plot, structure, characters. Don't even get me started on Oliver, the guy Charlotte (who talks to herself every other sentence using her own name encase you forgot what it was) inexplicably hates on sight and in an amazing plot twist, ends up falling in love with him after two minutes. Charlotte even tells her boyfriend when they break up 'its ...more
Ali
Aug 15, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book.
It raised some interesting questions, ok it's daft how she gets to time travel to meet her younger self but come on how many of us would love to do that? Or loathe to do that, but either way you probably have feelings about that.
The interesting point is there is a young girl - she doesn't have much - but she has the freedom that comes with not having much.
Then you have the older, more regal self who has all the things you think an adult should have, or nearly - she's not quite
Fiona Bauer
I wished the time-travel changing-the-past theme was more developed. In the end the book should have been mostly about that, instead I felt it was not explored enough. Also some bits are a bit boring.

Other then that, it was a cute romantic comedy and I love a bit of magic mixed in.
Emma
Jul 16, 2014 Emma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The main theme is not explored, she talks more about her job (it felt like 70% of the book was about her PR agency), she doesn't fix the only thing she should have fixed from her past. And the pace is slow as hell!
Belinda Whiting
Mar 12, 2015 Belinda Whiting rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, fun, light easy read
Ashley Chua
Nov 15, 2016 Ashley Chua rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Man, dug these out of my cupboard. I used to love them.
Violet Prior
Dec 20, 2013 Violet Prior rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this book, and the idea is very original I loved it <3
Ciara
this was just okay. i was intrigued by the concept ("what if you could go back in time & stop your 21-year-old self from making the mistakes you regret?"), but the writing dragged a little & the story execution failed to live up to its promise.

charlotte merryweather is soon to be 32 years old & seems to have it all: cute apartment, great job running her own PR firm, super-helpful assistant named beatrice, fun & sassy best friend with two adorable little kids, & trustworthy bo
Jessica Frost
It took me a while to finish this one but that's not a reflection on the book but more on my life.
The book is a bit of hard work early in with how annoying, to borderline dislikeable Charlotte is. However when she meets Lottie this changes and the story develops some depth. By the end of the book I have grown quite attached to the characters, maybe that's because I identify with midlife crisis situation, which is pretty much what this story is. It was overall quite a nice read and I've given it
Mitasha Cullen
May 07, 2017 Mitasha Cullen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Hold on to your dreams" 💫🍭
Anj
May 07, 2017 Anj rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Juliane
Jun 24, 2011 Juliane rated it liked it
Review auch hier: http://buechertruhe.blogspot.com/2011...

Inhalt:

Charlotte ist 32 Jahre alt und steckt in ihrem Leben fest: Sie hat eine eigene PR-Firma, die zwar einigermaßen läuft, sie aber nicht glücklich macht. Sie arbeitet rund um die Uhr, hat ihren gesamten Tag durchgeplant. Ihre Nerven liegen blank, sie ist seelisch und körperlich nahe dem Absturz. Ihr Freund Miles sieht sie immer mal wieder, aber nicht so oft wie sie es gern hätte. Er plant mit ihr eine Zukunft, doch auch in der Sache fü
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
I've been seeing a lot of Sandra Potter books lately and think why not try one of it? and Who's that girl is the first that i got.

Charlotte Mayweather is the famous owner of a PR Company based in London. She definitely has any girls dream in life: a successful business, a good enough of money that can sustain her life and an almost perfect boyfriend, but she still finds herself stressed from too much work, a little bit lonely and alone at times. She finds herself thinking of things that she coul
Kyra
“If I knew then, what I know now.”

An inspiring tale about finding oneself, literally! The story itself did not draw me in, truth be told, everything sounded a little too familiar for I might have watched too many time-travelling movies. Paris as the setting in the epilogue though, I am always biased when it comes to anything French related. Ha! You caught me there but kidding aside, the last part got to me, you know the part when the main character finally finds her happily-ever-after and with i
Hana Bilqisthi
Jan 18, 2013 Hana Bilqisthi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
compare to you're the one that i don't want, this novel more serious and depressing .. i like the characters actually because the 30-years-old Charlotte remind me of myself and Miles is kind of the guy of my dream...

"I have tons of allergies, which is a bit embarrassing, as that makes me sound like one of those trendy, annoying types who wear Crocs and think it's cool to have a wheat intolerance, but I genuinely do have allergies"

"also a bad sleeper. Just terrible. I find it so hard to switch o
  • Bridesmaids
  • The Dating Detox
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Welcome to My World
  • Getting Away with It
  • Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
  • Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts
  • Things I Wish I'd Known
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
Alexandra Potter is the best-selling author of ELEVEN novels that can be described as romantic comedies with a magical twist. Born in England, she has lived in London, Sydney, Australia and New York and LA, and can currently be found clocking up too many air miles travelling the globe researching ideas for her new book...
instagram: alexpotterbooks
More about Alexandra Potter...

“And so taking the long way home through the market I slow my pace down. It doesn't come naturally. My legs are programmed to trot briskly and my arms to pump up and down like pistons, but I force myself to stroll past the stalls and pavement cafes. To enjoy just being somewhere, rather than rushing from somewhere, to somewhere. Inhaling deep lungfuls of air, instead of my usual shallow breaths. I take a moment to just stop and look around me. And smile to myself.
For the first time in a long time, I can, quite literally, smell the coffee.”
45 likes
“Life isn't complicated. It's very simple, really. It's us who make it complicated.” 28 likes