The Sound of White  (Cattle Valley, #8)

The Sound of White (Cattle Valley #8)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  769 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Finally healed after a beating that almost took his life, the last thing Richard Johnson needs is to be attracted to Chad Neal. He's got a bar to open and a heart to mend.

Despite his smaller stature, Tall Pines Lodge Manager, Chad Neal, needs to be in charge, both in the bedroom and out. So why is he attracted to a six-foot-three man who looks like he could rip the limbs f...more
Published February 2009 by Total-e-Bound

Love & Loyalty by Tere MichaelsHell by Jet MyklesNowhere Ranch by Heidi CullinanDance With Me by Heidi CullinanConcubine by Jill Knowles
Best Gay Romance With Physically Smaller Tops
15th out of 168 books — 197 voters
Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
138th out of 557 books — 744 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I just loved Collin and Abe, adored them their story was five stars

I could not stand Chad every time it switched back to him and Richard I was hoping it would get back to Collin and Abe Quickly. Chad pretty much ruined the book for me
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
I love the Cattle Valley series. For some reason it is one of my favorite M/M series. This book however will be forgettable. I didn't feel a connection between the couples. I hated that Chad and Richard were reduced to "We're alone so let's f*ck" Way to sweep me off my feet baby! Moving on to the next one.
Maya
Not as good as the previous 7 in this series but still very good.
Shelby P
It was nice to get two couples in one story because with just Richard and Chad's plotline, this book wouldn't have been that great. I really liked Collin and Abe a lot. I want to be snowed in with a lover now LOL. I really felt the connection between Collin and Abe.

I didn't like how Richard was so needy. So what if he's submissive? Be a man! I've never read a series where the insta love was so prevalent. Can heterosexuals live in Cattle Valley??????
Arzu
Hmmm, what to say ...

Collin and Abe were just so adorable. I really loved this couple and wished this book was only about their relationship. I would have rated the book higher.

On the other hand we have Chad and Richard. I couldn't care about them. Each time, the book switched to their relationship I just wanted it to be over asap and turn to Collin and Abe. I never really warmed up to Chad. Up to the next one.
Brenda (b)
The stories of 2 couples run simultaneously in this one. The mystery of the vandalism is simply a plot device to bring Richard and Chad together.
Karen K
Not my fave in the series - the "falling in love" moved a little fast for me and I never really warmed up to Chad at all. On to the next.
Rom-addict
I DIDN'T LIKE CHAD & RICHARD 'S STORY AT ALL. BUT I LIKED COLLINS N ABE 'S. IT WAS OKAY I GUESS.
Angela
Mar 24, 2009 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: M/M ,
Would've liked it better if it was two books and more action.
MsMiz (Tina)
2 love stories for the price of one in this book!
Debbie
This series just seems to get better all the time.
Elisa Ramblings
Today I want to claim a merit to me, the fact to have called for the first time the two on going series by Carol Lynne, Campus Cravings and Cattle Valley, "gay soap opera". After two or three books per each series, they started to remind me a soap opera, with all the characters mixed together, with all the unbelievable events a mind could possible imagine, happening in small town barely able to have a diner, a theatre and a school. But despite the territorial limitation, in Cattle Valley, and it...more
Lena Grey
I'm torn with my rating for 'The Sound of White' by Carol Lynne. It's stories about two couples one of which I loved and the other I didn't. I enjoyed the story of how Abe and Collin. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and wanting to cheer out loud for them. It was great to see Abe come out of his shell and love again. I was proud of Collin for persisting.

However, Chad and Richard's story didn't appeal to me. I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to imagine them as a couple. I didn't li...more
Sue bowdley
I loved the D/s in his esp with the dominant being the smaller guy..but the best bit about this one was Abe and Collin....their relationship was just so sweet x
Vfields is becoming happy!
Carol Lynne writes short stories about the inhabitants of this small Wyoming town featuring a romance in each installment. This time we meet two couples and that was the problem for me. Each couple had an interesting challenge, low self-esteem and Hurt/Comfort neither one was honestly confronted with a satisfactory solution. both couples deserved more attention. I was a bit frustrated by this visit to Cattle Valley.
Richard's recovery was miraculous.
What was all that "daddy" stuff?
Chad, we ne...more
Byron
This is an interesting story as it actually brings together two different stories/set's of characters. They are linked but two totally different stories. I feel in love with Collin and Abe recognising more of them within myself than most stories. (god I just re-read that and realise I sound very arrogant!)

Just read the book.. OK. This entire series is MORE than worth it just for the emotions it's dragged out of me.
szallj
wasn't into the chad/richard at all, although i can objectively see the appeal. the abe/collin was sweet, if a little saccharine. decent read on a lazy night.
Melissa
This was a good book but I was waiting for Richard's story after Wyn's and I felt like his book should have been it's own story. I really liked Abe and Collin's story and Richard and Chad's but honestly I don't see why they were combined instead of each couple getting their own story! Other than that, I really liked the book and most of the reviews I saw didn't like the book that much! It was good :)

Purplegirl
I enjoyed both stories. Chad and Richard's story had a"different" type of relationship. That is probably what turned some people off. Chad had a dominating personality and it fit for him and Richard. I think Carol Lynne did a good job with the stories.
Traci
Jul 17, 2013 Traci rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Did not bond with Abe and Collin as much, but it still was a touching story. Richard and Chad, I liked them less than Abe and Collin. Still very much enjoying the story. Love the author and originality for all of these books in the series.
Raevyn

I liked the two stories in the book but I think it should have been two books instead of one. There was a lot missing in the romance because it was telling two simultaneous stories.
Dee
like some of the other reviews, liked Abe and Collin, the other pairing not so much - it just seemed to forced and no real conclusion between the 2 of them
R.B.
I wouldn't continue reading if it weren't for Abe and Collin, Richard's story dissapointed me... I cant give more than 2 stars.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Can I split the stars up?? lol
Richard and Chad get 3 Stars")
And
Abe and Collin get 4 Stars :)
Kay
Mar 03, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
This story actually has two romances, Richard and Chad's and Colin and Abe's.
Clover
both stories were good !
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)
  • Smashed into Pieces (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #2)
  • Devoted Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #4)
  • Angelic Ties (His Guardian Angels, #2)
  • Bald Eagle (Zeus's Pack, #7)
  • Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours, #5)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)