Start by marking “The Sound of White (Cattle Valley, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Sound of White  (Cattle Valley, #8)

The Sound of White (Cattle Valley #8)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  937 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Finally healed after a beating that almost took his life, the last thing Richard Johnson needs is to be attracted to Chad Neal. He's got a bar to open and a heart to mend.

Despite his smaller stature, Tall Pines Lodge Manager, Chad Neal, needs to be in charge, both in the bedroom and out. So why is he attracted to a six-foot-three man who looks like he could rip the limbs f
Published February 2009 by Total-e-Bound

To ask other readers questions about The Sound of White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sound of White

Love & Loyalty by Tere MichaelsHell by Jet MyklesNowhere Ranch by Heidi CullinanConcubine by Jill KnowlesNo Souvenirs by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay Romance With Physically Smaller Tops
13th out of 187 books — 246 voters
Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
140th out of 616 books — 897 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I just loved Collin and Abe, adored them their story was five stars

I could not stand Chad every time it switched back to him and Richard I was hoping it would get back to Collin and Abe Quickly. Chad pretty much ruined the book for me
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
I love the Cattle Valley series. For some reason it is one of my favorite M/M series. This book however will be forgettable. I didn't feel a connection between the couples. I hated that Chad and Richard were reduced to "We're alone so let's f*ck" Way to sweep me off my feet baby! Moving on to the next one.
Brenda (b)
The stories of 2 couples run simultaneously in this one. The mystery of the vandalism is simply a plot device to bring Richard and Chad together.
Maya
Not as good as the previous 7 in this series but still very good.
Shelby P
It was nice to get two couples in one story because with just Richard and Chad's plotline, this book wouldn't have been that great. I really liked Collin and Abe a lot. I want to be snowed in with a lover now LOL. I really felt the connection between Collin and Abe.

I didn't like how Richard was so needy. So what if he's submissive? Be a man! I've never read a series where the insta love was so prevalent. Can heterosexuals live in Cattle Valley??????
Amber
I kind of think its funny that I am a straight female and yet I am reading gay romance I have never read gay romance before the reason I read this book originally is because I have a friend who is gay that is simply in love with this book series because he has told me all about this series (a lot) I figured I would give it a go well all I can is is my friend has fabulous taste (not that he would ever let me forget that for even a second)
I may be a straight female but I simply love the guys in th
Arzu
Hmmm, what to say ...

Collin and Abe were just so adorable. I really loved this couple and wished this book was only about their relationship. I would have rated the book higher.

On the other hand we have Chad and Richard. I couldn't care about them. Each time, the book switched to their relationship I just wanted it to be over asap and turn to Collin and Abe. I never really warmed up to Chad. Up to the next one.
Karen K
Not my fave in the series - the "falling in love" moved a little fast for me and I never really warmed up to Chad at all. On to the next.
Rom-addict
I DIDN'T LIKE CHAD & RICHARD 'S STORY AT ALL. BUT I LIKED COLLINS N ABE 'S. IT WAS OKAY I GUESS.
Angela
Mar 24, 2009 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: M/M ,
Would've liked it better if it was two books and more action.
MsMiz (Tina)
2 love stories for the price of one in this book!
Debbie
This series just seems to get better all the time.
Miralinda
Начало было настолько потрясающим, что я была уверена, что это 5 звезд. Две пары заключены в уединенных кабинках во время снежной бури. Плюс немного мистики. Чудесное начало, но потом меня немного отторгали отношения Ричарда и Чада. Точнее БДСМ составляющая. Мне она показалась лишней. Чад отвратительно относился к Ричарду, который и так пережил тяжелое расставание, ему еще не хватало унижений и приказов от любимого, который борется со своими комплексами и выплескивает эмоции на Ричарда. Вторая п ...more
Elisa Rolle
Today I want to claim a merit to me, the fact to have called for the first time the two on going series by Carol Lynne, Campus Cravings and Cattle Valley, "gay soap opera". After two or three books per each series, they started to remind me a soap opera, with all the characters mixed together, with all the unbelievable events a mind could possible imagine, happening in small town barely able to have a diner, a theatre and a school. But despite the territorial limitation, in Cattle Valley, and it ...more
Shannon
Not great, not bad, just meh. We had some pretty good smexing and a touch of BDSM but nothing hardcore. This was also a book about two completely separate couples so we don't get to know either one really well. I'll admit I've not read this series in order so we probably knew everyone from previous book. First Chad and Richard...Chad's a smaller man, a bossy asshole and a Dom and Richard's a large man but a submissive. They started out hating each other but that didn't last long then things got ...more
Donna
Wow what a surprise, two couples. Loved Abe and Collin, and the snowed in cabin, Finally Richard is happy and I wanted that from when we first met Richard. Still not sure on Chad though, maybe it will take awhile. Great book, and love the ending on New Years Eve
Lena Grey
I'm torn with my rating for 'The Sound of White' by Carol Lynne. It's stories about two couples one of which I loved and the other I didn't. I enjoyed the story of how Abe and Collin. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and wanting to cheer out loud for them. It was great to see Abe come out of his shell and love again. I was proud of Collin for persisting.

However, Chad and Richard's story didn't appeal to me. I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to imagine them as a couple. I didn't li
Vfields is fighting to be Happy!
Carol Lynne writes short stories about the inhabitants of this small Wyoming town featuring a romance in each installment. This time we meet two couples and that was the problem for me. Each couple had an interesting challenge, low self-esteem and Hurt/Comfort neither one was honestly confronted with a satisfactory solution. both couples deserved more attention. I was a bit frustrated by this visit to Cattle Valley.
Richard's recovery was miraculous.
What was all that "daddy" stuff?
Chad, we ne
Byron
This is an interesting story as it actually brings together two different stories/set's of characters. They are linked but two totally different stories. I feel in love with Collin and Abe recognising more of them within myself than most stories. (god I just re-read that and realise I sound very arrogant!)

Just read the book.. OK. This entire series is MORE than worth it just for the emotions it's dragged out of me.
szallj
wasn't into the chad/richard at all, although i can objectively see the appeal. the abe/collin was sweet, if a little saccharine. decent read on a lazy night.
Melissa
This was a good book but I was waiting for Richard's story after Wyn's and I felt like his book should have been it's own story. I really liked Abe and Collin's story and Richard and Chad's but honestly I don't see why they were combined instead of each couple getting their own story! Other than that, I really liked the book and most of the reviews I saw didn't like the book that much! It was good :)

Melanie
So the Abe & Collin story was a lot sweeter than the Chad & Richard story.
But, I had a real excited moment during the C&R part; a hairy arse! Seriously, it's about gods damn time that I read about a guy getting rimmed that isn't unnaturally bald. Guys with fuzz like tongue too!
So pleased!
Purplegirl
I enjoyed both stories. Chad and Richard's story had a"different" type of relationship. That is probably what turned some people off. Chad had a dominating personality and it fit for him and Richard. I think Carol Lynne did a good job with the stories.
Traci
Jul 17, 2013 Traci rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Did not bond with Abe and Collin as much, but it still was a touching story. Richard and Chad, I liked them less than Abe and Collin. Still very much enjoying the story. Love the author and originality for all of these books in the series.
Raevyn

I liked the two stories in the book but I think it should have been two books instead of one. There was a lot missing in the romance because it was telling two simultaneous stories.
Sue bowdley
I loved the D/s in his esp with the dominant being the smaller guy..but the best bit about this one was Abe and Collin....their relationship was just so sweet x
Dee
like some of the other reviews, liked Abe and Collin, the other pairing not so much - it just seemed to forced and no real conclusion between the 2 of them
R.B.
I wouldn't continue reading if it weren't for Abe and Collin, Richard's story dissapointed me... I cant give more than 2 stars.
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys, #1)
  • Vencentio (Resistant Omegas, #6)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours, #5)
  • Smashed into Pieces (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #2)
  • Kinky Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #3)
  • Pax's Blues (Lady Blue Crew, #2)
  • Texas Twist (Texas Soul, #3)
  • Soldier of Fortune's Downfall (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #18)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Cattle Valley (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1)
  • Cattle Valley Mistletoe (Cattle Valley, #2)
  • Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3)
  • Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4)
  • Physical Therapy (Cattle Valley, #5)
  • Out of the Shadow (Cattle Valley, #6)
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
  • Gone Surfin' (Cattle Valley, #9)
  • The Last Bouquet (Cattle Valley, #10)
  • Eye of the Beholder (Cattle Valley, #11)
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)