Start by marking “Die Suche nach der Wahrheit (Star Wars: Jedi-Padawan, #9)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Die Suche nach der Wah...
Jude Watson

Die Suche nach der Wahrheit (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice #9)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,267 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Peace over anger.
Honor over hate.
Strength over fear.

Most people on the planet Kegan don't want to have anything to do with the rest of the galaxy. But when a young potential Jedi is discovered there, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Gallia, and their apprentices, Obi-Wan and Siri, are compelled to visit this strangely isolated world.

They are not welcomed with open arms. Instead, Qui-Go

Published (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Die Suche nach der Wahrheit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Suche nach der Wahrheit

La cantidad de guiños a todo lo oscuro que va a suceder en el futuro (lo que serían las películas) que hubo en este volumen me emocionó bastante.
Hasta ahora, si no me equivoco, en ninguno de los libros anteriores había pasado algo así.
Triste pero emocionante.
Branwen *Blaidd Drwg*
"If darkness lies ahead of me, I will fight it," Obi-Wan resolved.
Qui-Gon put a hand on his shoulder. "We will fight it together, Padawan."

In this latest book in the Jedi Apprentice series, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan team up with Adi and Siri. another Jedi Padawan team to travel to the remote planet of Kegan, after hearing about a Force sensitive child that may be there. But Kegan is a strange planet, one that is not used to outsiders, especially Jedi from the Republic. And after questioning a few of t
Drew Ck
Obi Wan and fellow Jedi Padawan Siri Tachi are being held in a school of Indoctrination on the planet Kegan. The people of Kegan are in a utopian society where no one questions the leaders and everyone works in the job they are given. The "Perfect Utopia" is forcing their people to be emotionless drones. The Indoctrination schools are the reason for this. Can Siri And Obi Wan escape and free the people from their oppressive Government?
The story was a good premise, and more interesting than some of the Jedi Apprentice plots, but I still have some bones to pick with it. It would have been better if more time had been spent exploring the indoctrination process and the workings of the regime.... but the ending part of the story was even shorter and desperately needed some more pages. As it was, it felt rushed. More description of place and people would have enhanced the story – this lack made it a little difficult to sympathise w ...more
Russell Reidelberger
WARNING: This is a nerd review.

I am trying to make my way through all of the expanded universe Star Wars books and comics. I'm trying to read them in order, using the Wookieepedia list. The number of stars I give each book is simply based on how much I enjoyed the story, not a comment on the quality of the literature.

These novels by Jude Watson are about the equivalent of watching a Clone Wars cartoon episode. This said, they are not as light and juvenile as I thought they would be. This episod
Jude Watson seems to have gotten as tired of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's fraught relationship as I have because they are suddenly bestest buds in this book. It's refreshing.

Also, would kill for some non-humanoid planets.
V-Nen & O-Melie are parents of O-Lana on Kegan, a planet does not allow outsiders to come. They also claim that children and education are precious. But beneath the surface of peace, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Siri, and Adi sense something is very wrong.

The Jedi are told not to disturb the peace, but find themselves in such a situation. They all learn how to work in pairs, which is great for Siri's growth after seeing her in previous books.

Yet O-Vieve, one of the leaders, has visions of destruction t
Scott Shadel
I am reading the whole series and will post a review upon completion of Jedi Apprentice 18 : The Threat Within
Miss Clark
Siri! Evil controlling school where they do away with troublesome children.
This book was fine, but I didn't much care for the Hints of the future at the end.
This book is science fiction and is a contiuation of the prequels to the Star Wars books. So far I havent read much, so I dont know much about the book. All I do know is that it tells the tales of "Qui-Gon Jinn" and "Obi-wan Kenobi" and is set in the "Old Republic". Also, that they are on a disatant planet training. Thats all I got out of the book so far.
This entry in the Jedi Apprentice is a bit more adult than previous installments. I don't mean that it's morally offensive; instead, the themes (thought control, definition of truth, etc.) might be a bit much for youngsters. For older fans like me, though, this is another good volume.
Daniel Rose
Obi Won and Qui-Gon are sent to a planet to possibly recover a child who has force ability. Running into a people who are brain washed into believing that all outside influences are evil the pair is in for more then they bargained for.
Suitable for 8+ and those who have seen the films.
Obi-won is sent on a misssion with another padawan to a planet where everything is too good to be true. A good, quick read.
OMG. THAT LAST PARAGRAPH. Qui-Gon's vision of young Obi-Wan's fate post-Revenge of the Sith just broke my heart. He SAW. He saw Obi-Wan, a haunted man, on Tatooine. Gosh.
Good new characters and not a bad story.
Fantastic series.

P. Luis Rosales
P. Luis Rosales marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Mike marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
CW marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Jasmin Begic
Jasmin Begic marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Gema marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Lyric's World (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #2)
  • The Fight to Survive (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1)
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Hunted (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #4)
  • Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
  • The Swarm (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #8)
  • The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)

Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)
  • The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)
  • The Mark of the Crown (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #4)
  • The Defenders of the Dead (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #5)
  • The Uncertain Path (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #6)
  • The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #7)
  • The Day of Reckoning (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #8)
  • The Shattered Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #10)
  • The Deadly Hunter (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #11)
In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6) Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4) A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2) Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1) The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)