Start by marking “Maggie the Dog Who Changed My Life” as Want to Read:
Maggie the Dog Who Changed My Life
read excerpt

Maggie the Dog Who Changed My Life

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The memoir of a love affair between a woman and her dog. No doubt Maggie was a special dog-a beautiful and exuberant black lab who gave years of unconditional love to her owner Kairns. Throughout their years together, Maggie taught Kairns much about the emotional intelligence of animals and the importance of trusting one's intuition when caring for a pet...Kairns offers a ...more
Published July 16th 2008 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Maggie the Dog Who Changed My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie the Dog Who Changed My Life

Barbara
As I turned the pages of Maggie, the dog who changed my life, I felt a powerful kindred spirit connection with Dawn and Maggie. Their story is so similar to my own, and the path I am now on because of my own lab, Cassie Jo, who I lost to cancer in 2005.
What I love about Dawn Kairn is the fact that she opens her heart wide to the world in sharing Maggie's story and their journey. She took an extremely difficult situation of realizing she should have followed her intuition, turned it into a positi
Carrie L Hannum
Heartfelt story of love and loss

This story was wonderfully written leading readers through the kind of relationship we all want to experience with our pets. Every pet teaches us something about our selves if we are open to that lesson. What a wonderful read with tears of joy and of loss. A story to reflect on the relationships we have with our pets and humans alike.
Angie Bitz
really good read by a local colorado woman. the story of love and loss between a human and her animal companion. This woman lives in boulder. She is a terrific lady I had the pleasure of meeting.
Dawn
Dec 03, 2008 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: dog lovers, those interested in personal growth, trusting your intuition and dream messages
Actually, I wrote this book so I'm just a bit prejudiced!
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Donna Gilmore MD
Donna Gilmore MD marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Stella Boo
Stella Boo marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Cherri
Cherri marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Aubrey Scott
Aubrey Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
great book! 5 10 Jun 02, 2012 10:31AM
Dawn Kairns is the author of the beloved MAGGIE the Dog Who Changed My Life and now her 2013 book, FINAL YEARS Stories of Parent Care, Loss and Lives Changed. She practiced for 20 years as a nurse, family nurse practitioner & psychotherapist until following her passion to write. Dawn has also published in nursing journals and American Fitness magazine.

Dawn is a lifelong animal lover and has v
More about Dawn Kairns...
Final Years Stories of Parent Care, Loss and Lives Changed FINAL YEARS Stories of Parent Care, Loss and Lives Changed