Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales

Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  20 reviews

The definitive guide to turning casual contacts into solid sales opportunities

In this fully revised edition, Bob Burg builds on his proven relationship-building principles to bring even more clients to your door and helps you attract only those who are interested in what you sell. He shows how to maximize your daily contacts, utilize your tools both online and off, leve

Paperback, Third Edition, 286 pages
Published October 1st 2005 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published November 1st 1993)

The Art of Influencing Anyone by Niall CassidyInfluence by Robert B. CialdiniThe New Power Base Selling by Jim HoldenSecrets of Closing the Sale by Zig ZiglarTargeting Success, Develop the Right Business Attitude to be ... by Lorii Myers
Best Sales & Marketing Books
24th out of 79 books — 71 voters
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillEmotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis BradberryGood to Great by Jim Collins
Best Business Books
259th out of 358 books — 731 voters

More lists with this book...

Irene Timm
I was blown away when I realized that Bob Burg was saying the same thing as Dr. Wayne Dyer was promoting in his "Inspiration" series: TO BE A SUCCESSFUL HUMAN BEING IS ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE! Wow! A business model that's in sync with, not at opposition with, being a whole and fully developed human being!
Rose Hudson
A great approach to the art of networking. I got on well with the conversational style, and refreshingly light in fluff. I came away with many practical tips that I intend on applying.
Additional plus point the author really does seem to practice what he preaches - I mentioned his book on a social networking site and he responded extremely graciously.
Josh Hinds
This is hands down one of the best books on networking (i.e. creating win, win professional relationships). Many resources talk about the importance of effective networking, but fall short of giving a specific plan, the "how to" of how to best go about it. You find that, and a lot more in the pages of this book. I have used the ideas personally in this book over the years, as I know many others who have as well. This is one you can come back to again and again. I know I certainly do.
Taylor Ellwood
This is an excellent book to read, whether you are just starting to network or have been networking for a long time. The tips and tactics that Bob Burg shares are timeless and can be applied on so many different levels. I've seen my own networking and presentations improve as a result of reading this book. It will teach you how to network, how to give referrals, and most importantly how to show you care. If you want to improve your networking, read this book.
Kingsley
So far, being generous and giving is the crux of business in a cruel and ruthless world. Help others and you shall receive. So far, I've found this perspective to be extremely useful and I'm trying to be as proactive in the giving category, especially if connecting people to one another. Give without expecting to receive... fairly obvious but a nice reminder.
Wendy
Apr 27, 2013 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people involved in Sales
Shelves: business
A great book on Networking. This is a book I will review time and time again. It has many valuable tips and techniques to use. It includes chapters on:

- Networking: What it is and what it does for you!

- How to work any crowd

- Six essential rules for networking etiquette

- Prospecting for Fun and profit and many more....

definitely worth the read.
Eddie
This is the best book about Networking/Referrals that I have read - and I have read quite a few!
Worth it for the "Ten Networking Questions that work every time".
It ought to be compulsory reading for anyone who joins a networking group like BNI.
It is one of the few business books which I have bought again when a new/updated edition came out.
Ryan Tate
I really enjoyed the book. It shifted my perspective of what the business process is about and whilst a lot of the messages appeared so obvious, I know I would have otherwise overlooked the benefits they can provide

A very worthwhile read and I felt a lot more relaxed about my job on completion of reading.
John
I met Bob Burg at a Melaleuca Convention and was so impressed by his advice on networking and helping others I didn't hesitate to buy his book when I returned home. Inside he is the champion of selfless networking, finding ways to help others reach their goals and strengthening relationships.
Daniel
...entrepreneur and speaker Bob Burg's proven relationship-building system that thousands of professionals and entrepreneurs have used to turn casual contacts into solid sales opportunities. In Endless Referrals, he shows you how to: Turn every...
Sonya
Wow, I devoured this book like a kid with cake! It's very practical, very smart, and veryyy good! Read it. Bob Burg is very intuitive about networking... On a more subliminal leve, some of his ideas relate to game theory very well too.
Bruce Kirby
This book is quite different than the rest of the books on referrals. It definitely deserves to be in the same class as Harvey Mackay's or Ivan Misner's.
Joel Ungar
This book had a positive impact on my business and my relationships with other people. Bob's advice is solid, easy to understand, and easy to implement.
adrian
Required reading for anybody that runs a business or needs sales. Terrific book that draws from some of the top minds on sales and traditional networking.
Brian
Jul 28, 2012 Brian is currently reading it
this book has been on my list for a while, but just started reading it. looking fwd to good networking advice from the expert, Bob Burg!
Amanda
Before asking for help, offer to help. A great primer on networking and building meaningful business relationships.
Michelle Awuku
Aug 06, 2008 Michelle Awuku is currently reading it
Great reference book on how to leverage your network to create a constant stream of client referrals
Albert Placencia
A great read to develop relational marketing!
Bob
Best tutorial on how to "work" a room
Linda Ballesteros
High recommend
Tammy Reynolds
Tammy Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Lewis Carson Lowe Jr
Lewis Carson Lowe Jr marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Hitesh
Hitesh marked it as to-read
Jean
Jean added it
Jakub Jurových
Jakub Jurových marked it as to-read
  • The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
  • Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growing Firm
  • Traction
  • The Great Game of Business: Unlocking the Power and Profitability of Open-Book Management
  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • Co-Opetition
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • The Intelligent Entrepreneur: How Three Harvard Business School Graduates Learned the 10 Rules of Successful Entrepreneurship
Bob Burg shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations.

Bob is an advocate, supporter and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they...more
More about Bob Burg...
The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea Go-Givers Sell More It's Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion