Start by marking “Eight Little Faces” as Want to Read:
Eight Little Faces

Eight Little Faces

Featuring personal family photos from Jon and Kate Gosselin, parents of twins and sextuplets, this gift book includes comments from Kate on various themes including trust, perseverance, joy and encouragement. Also includes topical Scripture verses.
Published April 14th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Eight Little Faces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eight Little Faces

Courtney
Apr 24, 2009 Courtney rated it did not like it
Shelves: crap
I glanced at this while I was shrinkwrapping at work. It was awful. Bad graphic design. Bad writing. Bad everything. This woman is so evil. You can see it in her face. And I've glanced at this book on a display and I don't think it has sold much thankfully. No one needs to waste their money on this.
Emily Benoit
Feb 16, 2012 Emily Benoit rated it really liked it
Shelves: reads-of-2012
Concept/Ideas: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

This one was a cute, short read that can easily be read in 10 minutes. I was always interested in checking this book out, since I have always loved the Gosselins, as well as having previously read Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin.

This was a nice book, with lots of photos of the Gosselins, quotes from the bible, and short captions about how Kate thinks and what she believes and all of that jazz. She gives you insight on a lot of different topics lik
Beth
Mar 13, 2009 Beth rated it did not like it
My eyes hurt from rolling them after reading every page of this drivel. The Kate Gosselin portrayed in this book is a far cry from what we have seen on television (both on TLC and the tabloid shows). I have a hard time believing anything Kate wrote in this "book," which is more like a scrapbook of favorite Bible quotes accompanied by poorly written blurbs exalting Kate's virtues as a mother and wife.
Kelly
Apr 14, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Very cute book with tons of pictures!! I love watching their show so I just had to read this book. Can't wait for them to write more books!!
Sheila
Jun 09, 2009 Sheila rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
I read it in the store...haha
Robert Beveridge
Jul 28, 2009 Robert Beveridge rated it did not like it
Kate Gosselin, Eight Little Faces: A Mom's Journey (Zondervan, 2009)

Jon and Kate Plus Eight is one of the four or five most annoying shows on television, not just because it's so-called “reality TV”, but because Kate Gosselin is one of the least entertaining neurotics I've ever seen, and because she seems to be doing a fine job of transferring her neuroses to her kids. So my wife brought this home and I made the mistake of looking it over. I had somehow missed the fact that she's also a militant
Laura Lennon
May 04, 2011 Laura Lennon rated it did not like it
This is a photo album, inspirational journal centered around photos of Kate Gosselin and her children.

It gave me some ideas for my own scrapbooking, and young girls that I know enjoy looking through the book. Otherwise, I am a little creeped out I still own this.

As a fan, the photos were cute... but I would have liked to see more content from the author, Kate Gosselin. After Multiple Blessings, I expected a bit more depth and inspiration.

If you are a Gosselin fan, I would recommend the book that
Nekolle
Jun 21, 2011 Nekolle rated it it was ok
I saw this book at Dollar Tree today! Next to Multiple Blessings!! I bought MB from Amazon years ago, who knew I'd run into it at the dollar store in a couple years? lol

This book has a picture, very short passage, and a Bible quote. This book is definitely not worth more than a dollar. It is a nice book for die-hard fans, but the book has no new information. It says the story that anyone who watches the show (or at least watched the opening) would know! She can't have kids, goes to the doctors,
Talia
May 11, 2009 Talia rated it did not like it
I promised myself that in this review, I would not comment about my personal feelings about Kate or Jon Gosselin. So I’m trying to look at this book objectively, and just talking about the quality of the writing and the work as a whole.
This book is completely pointless, and was solely published to make the (ahem) “author” more money. It’s composed of inane blathering paired with Bible quotations and pictures that many have already seen if you’ve watched Jon & Kate +8. And that’s about it.

Thi
Meagan
Sep 29, 2009 Meagan rated it it was amazing
er. this book was kinda boring. my mom bought it when i was in my obsessed with gosselins phase... i liked the pictures. the kids are so kewlios!!! when i watch their show, whatever the sextuplets are saying usually cracks me up. they really should show more of them instead of kate talking... and jon really needs to take off his earrings. and to settle down and asking for attention. actually both of them do. but yea i only really like this book cuz i made up this insane game that drove my sister ...more
Pristine Joy
Dec 13, 2016 Pristine Joy rated it it was ok
lol interesting...
Lori
May 11, 2009 Lori rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I was really disappointed. I guess I didn't know what this was going to be but its basically just a family album. And the kids are cute, but they are mostly shots from the show that match up to a piece of scripture that was meaningful to her (I assume since they were plastered on the page) It just seemed like an indulgent somewhat pointless book.
George
I read this with an open mind. I never was a fan of the show because of the stress and high-strung element. Regardless of parenting style and life choices (extremely different from mine), I respect the heart of a parent and this just felt more appropriate as a gift to Kate's children and not for public fodder.
Emily
Mar 23, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok
A cute book, but sparse on content. Every page just has a few pictures, a Bible verse, and a short "post-it-note" style snippet by Kate. If you're looking for substance on the Gosselins, stick with Multiple Blessings.
Ashley
Jul 15, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Omg I love this show the kids are absolutely adorable my favorite girl would have to be Alexis bc she has that Sass my favorite boy would have to be Aaden bc of his glasses but also Joel cause he is like always out of it it's so funny and I love hearing about their lives that's why I read their book !
Tammy
Apr 22, 2009 Tammy added it
I'm not sure I'm going to read this book. I saw it at the bookstore, and it looks like a tiny, tiny book with a few words written on each page. I thought it would be more about the life and times of their life, so I doubt if I will but this one. Maybe I will check it out from the library...has anyone read it yet?
Shelley
My mom loaned me this book- Just started reading it but I am excited to continue. God knows I would be praying for strength if I found out I was pregnant with 6 kids at one time. I don't think I could do 6 kids born at different times, let alone all at once. Yikes- excited to learn more about the family
Sammi
Apr 04, 2012 Sammi rated it did not like it
As a former Jon and Kate Plus 8 fan, when I saw "Eight Little Faces" for sale at the Dollar Tree, I asked my dad to buy it for me. It was simple... a little too simple. Too short, hardly any pictures... I didn't learn anything new. It really was only worth the $1 my dad paid for it.
Josie
May 19, 2009 Josie rated it liked it
I like looking at the picture and reading alittle about the gosselin clan. I really hope that Jon and Kate take the time to think about the kids and their future. I wonder if the kids are ready for this to be all over.
Veronica
Apr 25, 2009 Veronica rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: mothers, multiples, and fans of Kate's adorable kids.
Shelves: 2009, non-fiction
A cute, scrapbook style look into the life of the Gosselin children. Probably sugar-coated as can be, but hey... whatever sells, right? (In all seriousness, I do hope the drama surrounding this poor family is put to rest soon, for the sake of the eight adorable stars of this book.)
~Gen hearts books.~
Eight Little Faces was a very short and sweet read. I read it in less than ten minutes. I found it for a dollar at Deals. I have seen a few episodes of the reality show, but I'm not really a fan. I did enjoy this short read though.
Danielle
Apr 02, 2009 Danielle rated it really liked it
It was a cute book and I loved seeing the photos but I liked the first book that gave more insight in to their lives. This was just a scrapbook type of book. I knew that when I started but still wanted to read it. It was a fun quick 30 minute read - it's oly 44 pages.
Maggie Wiggins
May 18, 2010 Maggie Wiggins rated it it was ok
I guess I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this is just a book of her kids' photos. Eh.

Readalikes: I Just Want You to Know by Kate Gosselin, Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin
Aspasia
Apr 26, 2009 Aspasia rated it it was amazing
Beware! Only read this if you can stand adorable photos of the Gosselin kids! This book is not for the grumpy. Seriously, it was a quick, light read about one of America's favorite families.
Jeannie
Jun 09, 2010 Jeannie rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
Expected a lot more after Multiple Blessings, but still something neat the eight kids will enjoy when try are older.
Alicia
May 04, 2009 Alicia rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think I read this in 10 minutes. Quick read with inspiration quotes and some pictures of the Gosselin family. Very cute.
Alison
It's possible I would have given this more stars but with what's going on in their lives, this book just seems so bitter-sweet.
Hazel
Dec 07, 2011 Hazel rated it did not like it
Does this count as a real book?
Marina
Not really much about the family or kids. Some cute pictures and a lot of references to her faith and belief in God.
Brittany Soncek
Jul 28, 2011 Brittany Soncek rated it liked it
Took a little less then five mintues to read, but it was cute and sweet. Wish I would have read this before they split because it was kind of depressing to read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Luna Tree: The Baby Project
  • Encyclopedia of Bad Taste
  • Hey! Listen to This: Stories to Read Aloud
  • Just in Case You Ever Wonder
Katie "Kate" Irene Gosselin, née Kreider is an American television personality and author. She is best known for the reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8, which profiles her and her then-husband Jon Gosselin as they raise their atypical family consisting of sextuplets and twins.
More about Kate Gosselin...