Start by marking “Babies in the Bargain” as Want to Read:
Babies in the Bargain

Babies in the Bargain

With only one year left to complete her medical training in Neonatology, Dr. Holly Collier vows not to let anyone mess up her sacrosanct schedule. Especially not the drop-dead gorgeous Dr. Marc Suarez who broke her heart seven years ago. When a tragic accident transforms the carefree playboy into a dedicated but novice father to his nephew, Holly gives in to her maternal ...more
E-pub/printed in paperback, 220 pages
Published July 3rd 2009 by The Wild Rose Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Babies in the Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Babies in the Bargain

Candace
Aug 13, 2016 Candace rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-on-kindle
A very nice read. Lots of unexpected events, one overbearing/overinvolved extended family, lots of tension from a past relationship, tons of sexual tension, emergent medical cases involving premie babies and at risk mothers, so much going on!

Some times I think romance novels seem pretty far fetched because the hunky guy wisks the gorgeous girl off to a private island to tell her how much he loves her, blah, blah, blah and the only reason it works is because it's pure fantasy. There are no real l
Tonileg
Feb 22, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
This is a second chances story. Holly had her heart broken seven years ago whist starting out on her medical degree. She is now almost finished and she will not let anything get in the way of her professional goals. It was another doctor, Mark, that broke her heart, but for good reasons as he had to go back home and help his family get through some tough times. His mistake was not explaining his actions, he just disappeared. Is is possible to forgive and love again?
The story unfolds with some se
Dee

Good characters, good story
She wants family
Stephanie Burkhart
Apr 30, 2010 Stephanie Burkhart rated it really liked it
Risk pens a solid character driven story that will tug on the heartstrings with "Babies in the Bargain." A contemporary romance set in Washington, D.C., "Babies in the Bargain," heroine, Dr. Holly Collier, has a tough schedule to maintain, but when Dr. Marc Suarez comes back into her life, Holly's schedule, and her heart, are challenged in more ways than one.

Dr. Holly Collier has one more year left in her neonatology training before she has to take her exams. She very dedicated to her young pati
Diana Hockley
Dec 22, 2012 Diana Hockley rated it really liked it
Glad to see a different cover this time around!

See comment:

I'm not sure why I liked this because if I had thought about the cover, it would have put me off! The two people depicted are not old enough to be in their 30s and the highly qualified doctors in the story. Portraying the couples on the cover as too young is a common error in romance novels and one which the publishers and perhaps authors (though I know they don't get much say) should re-think.

The notion of Holly Collier having the newbo
Cindy Caron
Feb 14, 2016 Cindy Caron rated it it was amazing
The perfect book to read on Valentine's day, or any day that you need a little bit of love in your day!
After pinning for the man who broke her heart seven years ago, Holly has finally come to terms with the fact that she will always have her career and that she will never have true love or a family, and she's ok with that. That is, until the one and only Marc Suarez pranced right back into her life. When an unexpected tragedy happens, and Marc finds himself with the responsibilities of a newbor
Melissa Maxwell
May 25, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Holly lost her true love seven years ago when he up and left her for family issues back home. Now a senior resident of neonatal, Holly is about ready to start her life in her dream career when her true love Marc comes waltzing back into her life. At first, she tries to ignore him and her attraction but when a twist of fate brings them together will she be able to fight it. Told in alternative perspectives "Babies in the Bargain" is a heart wrenching tale in which an orphaned child bring these ...more
Beth
Sep 27, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing
Babies in the Bargain is an engrossing medical romance. I couldn’t stop reading except for a quick trip to grab a bite in the kitchen before scooting back to this excellent story. Not only are Drs. Marc Suarez and Holly Collier exquisitely well drawn--the tension between them pulses from the pages—and the medical details refreshingly authentic, but the babies are irresistible. The story is reminiscent of Grey’s Anatomy, only I liked Babies in the Bargain better. These two sexy doctors have far ...more
Jess
Feb 23, 2016 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"3 out of 5 stars. Old lovers meet again seven years later, one still feels betrayed but when an orphaned baby boy comes into their lives, he unintentionally brings them back together. Will helping one another out be enough to start up their relationship again?

What can I say about this novel? It was a dramatically captivating read about two lovers muddling their way through a tremulous relationship while hoping for more to happen between them. I was riveted..."

Read more of my review and TWO TEAS
Char (1RadReader59)
WHAT A VERY CUTE STORY. I totally enjoyed this story. You really get to run the gambit of emotions. Sadness, frustration, anger, happiness & joy. There is a whole lot to laugh about that is for sure. Holly has love Marc for seven years after a brief relationship or so she thought it was at the time but after she saw him kiss a nurse before going back home to attend to family matters, she becomes unsure. Then, when his endearing letters stop coming & he never calls she thinks she was ...more
Nancy Goldberg
Feb 28, 2013 Nancy Goldberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a gift from the author and really enjoyed this lovely story. I loved Marc and Holly, and I always like reading books where the hero and heroine knew each other in the past and are reunited.

There was a lot of conflict between Marc and Holly, but they are able to overcome it and work together--professionally and romantically. I liked all the details about neonatology, as well as the emotion portrayed in some sad scenes.

I like the secondary characters (the nurses, Marc's family),
Theresa
Feb 20, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a cute story about two doctors who knew each other in the past and came to know each other again by an orphaned nephew. The first chapter is terribly sad so be prepared! It is a cute love story, slightly predictable but entertaining to read. I have to say there is a story of a "naturalist" mom in the book that kind of leaves you hanging... I so wanted more of her story or at least an update after we were introduced to her!! Looking for a light read? This would fit the bill!!
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Oct 05, 2013 Kelly Willcoxbrackeen rated it really liked it
I got this story in a $0.99 box set. I really enjoyed this set of books. I like how the author didn't forget her American fans and includes a strong American in her stories. Great women, lovable men and each with such believable flaws. I definitely recommend this for the romance lover. Touching stories.
Poonam
Sep 12, 2012 Poonam rated it it was amazing

I love this book and already so enthralled seeing the hero and heroine get their second chance of love together . I really like how Holly took great care of Baby Paul. Ooooh so much tension between them . But I really understand Marc 's family loyalty. Love the ending. Really romantic. To me , it was a great read. Hope to get more of Mona Risk books.
Luisa
Feb 17, 2012 Luisa rated it liked it
As a Puerto Rican, I resented the inaccuracies: we don't use black cloths over our heads in funerals, they are called mantillas but haven't been used in ages; and we don't serve chips and salsa, that's Mexican. It would have been more accurate to use pork roast with rice and beans.
Jaclyn1957
May 03, 2011 Jaclyn1957 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER OF MONA'S GREAT BOOKS. HER RESEARCH IN THE MEDICAL FIELD WAS PERFECT. INTRIGUING STORY. A MUST READ......
JACLYN
Barbara Allen
May 20, 2014 Barbara Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Babies in the bargain

I enjoyed ready this book. It had a very good story line to it. I will be reading this book again.
Marsha  Bernabe
Feb 15, 2016 Marsha Bernabe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet read

This is a very good sweet read. It's a story of 2 doctors and an orphaned baby boy who needs a family.
Tracy
Feb 26, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
This is a bitter sweet love story. Loved it. Something so terrible that turns into something so good. Great read!
Barbara
Sep 19, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it..but even though it was a seven yr delay..I felt the ending rushed a bit..couldn't I have a couple more minutes delay too..loved it..
Sue
May 27, 2013 Sue rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Free read, not overly impressed... what saves it honestly is the chemistry with the leads... other than that. Empty calories, easily forgotten.
Carole Deere
Carole Deere rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Cathy Gross
Cathy Gross rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Consueloann
Consueloann rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Melisa Hamling
Melisa Hamling rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Mary William
Mary William rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Embers of Hope (Second Gift, #1)
  • Nickels
  • Blind Date, Checkmate
  • For Services Rendered
  • Mending Fences
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • The Beautiful Truth
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Bet On Love
  • If You Loved Me
  • Chasing Destiny
  • Bound to Love
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes, #1)
  • Any Other Night
  • Seducing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses, #1)
  • The Time of Aspen Falls
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Mona Risk, received an Outstanding Achiever Award from Affaire de Coeur Magazine. Her name has often been posted on the Amazon.com 100 Most Popular Authors in Romance list. She's a two time winner of Best Contemporary Romance of the Year from Readers Favorite; a winner of Best Romance Novel of the Year from Preditors & Editors Readers Poll; and ...more
More about Mona Risk...