Start by marking “The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder” as Want to Read:
The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  330 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A playfully practical guide that’s a refreshing twist on the revered Farmer’s Almanac, The Awe-Manac provides daily forecasts and directives to help readers make life more creative, amusing, gratifying, and extraordinary—every day of the year! Through 365 days, readers are encouraged to think more brilliantly, laugh more often, make art or write creatively, and simply add ...more
Published December 9th 2008 by Running Press (first published December 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Awe-manac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Awe-manac

Kathryn
Aug 29, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality, 2010
Each day a page has a Daily Soul Vitamin, Toast of the Day, Awe-servances, Aha-phrodisiacs, Dose of Mirth and Journal Juju and other wonder quips, thoughts of fun.

I LOVE IT! A new page every day....

The Soul Vitamin today is Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

Isn't that great?
Rebecca Johnson
Jul 22, 2011 Rebecca Johnson rated it it was amazing
Beautiful art that is colorful and sweet with a different dose everyday. Full of surprises, you will have to read ahead and start over like I did. I found this book thoughtful, creative, and inspirational. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to incorporate a bit of non-denominational spirituality and creativity into their day.
Nov 03, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book - beautiful illustrations. Absolutely a must have! It instantly brightens your day, just by looking through it, let alone actually doing what is within it.

One of my very favorite things about it is that at the start of each day, you get to name that day.

Just a wonderful pick-me-up!! :)
Caitlin
Sep 03, 2009 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this Happy, sweet and charming book. A little kiss of happiness each day. Encourages you to break out of your norm and live a little. Great quotes sprinkle the pages- I think it is a wonderful book for just thinking outside the box- very good creative ideas, helped with a bit of writers block.
Kirsten
Sep 26, 2010 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's a fantastic way to start your day. The writing prompts are engaging, the daily tidbits are interesting and often educational, and it just helps bring some fun into your world.
Kirstin Tesner
Jun 12, 2009 Kirstin Tesner rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this one. I will be using it everyday this year (at least that's the current plan). It makes you really think about everyday and why each day is special.
Margaret
Aug 12, 2011 Margaret rated it it was amazing
This book is Awesome. It is a big, beautiful. colorful book filled with inspiration. It is a book that can be read all year long. The book has so many wonderful quotes!
Maribeth
Jun 21, 2012 Maribeth rated it it was amazing
such juicy fun for creatives and those who think they aren't creative!
Addicted to Books
Jul 15, 2015 Addicted to Books rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the library. It was such a fun experience that I ordered my own copy from amazon.

Highly reommended for anyone doing creative work or gettig in touch with their inner child!
Siobhán Mc Laughlin
Dec 31, 2014 Siobhán Mc Laughlin rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, inventive, quirky, wonder-full. This book was a great addition to the year! Thoroughly enjoyed my daily readings.
Sherry
Feb 14, 2014 Sherry rated it really liked it
This is such a fun book. Every page is a delight, filled with wonderful illustrations, daily soul vitamins, awe-servances, a toast of the day, journal juju, aha-phrodisiacs, and a dose of mirth. It inspires creativity, celebrates moments of wonder, delight and amusement, and develops habits of happiness. I borrowed this from the library but I think I will have to order one from Amazon. I love to open it at random and read a page or two.
Mar 03, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
This was a really interesting book. It's offers two things:
1. Daily (or as often as you want) guided journaling or creativity
2. A guide to help you change your outlook on life.

If you want to add the joy of childlike awe, discovery, and wonder to your life, you need this book. It will help you let go of cynicism and open yourself up.

It's a fun read. And if you embrace the ideas in the book, you will be happier.
Sheree
Apr 29, 2010 Sheree rated it really liked it
I'm planning on using this books as it's intended: doing one page a day for the next year. I haven't read any of the pages except for the ones in the introduction, and the one for this month and this day (I started today). Unusual for me, since I would normally skim through this whole book in one sitting....but I really want to try this as a way to help me journal so I'm 'saving' the surprises for each day.
Calla
Dec 22, 2014 Calla rated it it was ok
Shelves: everyday-beauty
A great idea in theory; I like day-to-day inspiration type books. But, I didn't like the "clip-art" quality of the art throughout the pages. Also, I felt over loaded... there was too many things in this book I didn't particularly care for.
Becky Schulman
Dec 20, 2015 Becky Schulman rated it really liked it
This is one that I read over and over. It reminds me on a daily basis to look for the little things in life that can bring joy, contentment, excitement. It also gives me ideas of things to share with friends and family.
Asrina Maharani
Oct 11, 2013 Asrina Maharani rated it it was amazing
Awesomely beautiful book, lift your spirit and creativity each day of the year. Always by my bedside. I love the colorful illustration and the fun induced creativity.
Reading it a page everyday.....
Relyn
Jan 01, 2010 Relyn rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody!!
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my random blog wanderings
With a great title like this, I thought sure I'd love it. BLECH!! Not worth the paper it was printed on. Better to make toilet paper with it.
Mary Sue Wysocki
A short dose of thoughts and quotes. Great for thinking and doing when you need just a bite and not a whole brain or mouthful!
Marie
Jan 13, 2011 Marie rated it it was ok
This book had a lot of great information and ideas... but it just wasn't for me.
Annie
Sep 04, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing
This is a fun daily book. Quotes, inspiration, funny thoughts. I enjoyed this book.
Jane
Aug 06, 2013 Jane added it
It's a cute little book, one I might buy for certain friends.
Donna
Dec 29, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
Very cute, but in journal format so not so good as library book!
Robin
Jun 19, 2009 Robin is currently reading it
This book is great for writers and lovers of quirkiness and quotes and silly named days.
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Melinda Crumblin
Melinda Crumblin marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
  • Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity
  • Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper: Gifting the World with Your Words and Stories, and Creating the Time and Energy to Actually Do It
  • Creative Is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
  • Messy Thrilling Life: The Art of Figuring Out How to Live
  • Creating a Life Worth Living
  • Kaleidoscope: Projects and Ideas to Spark Your Creativity
  • The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark
  • Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • My Listography: My Amazing Life in Lists
  • Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Practice
  • This Book Will Change Your Life
  • How to Make a Journal of Your Life

“Here's to the moments when you realize the simple things are wonderful and enough.” 0 likes