The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A playfully practical guide that’s a refreshing twist on the revered Farmer’s Almanac, The Awe-Manac provides daily forecasts and directives to help readers make life more creative, amusing, gratifying, and extraordinary—every day of the year! Through 365 days, readers are encouraged to think more brilliantly, laugh more often, make art or write creatively, and simply add...more
Published December 9th 2008 by Running Press (first published December 8th 2008)

Kathryn
Each day a page has a Daily Soul Vitamin, Toast of the Day, Awe-servances, Aha-phrodisiacs, Dose of Mirth and Journal Juju and other wonder quips, thoughts of fun.

I LOVE IT! A new page every day....

The Soul Vitamin today is Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.

Isn't that great?
Rebecca Johnson
Beautiful art that is colorful and sweet with a different dose everyday. Full of surprises, you will have to read ahead and start over like I did. I found this book thoughtful, creative, and inspirational. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to incorporate a bit of non-denominational spirituality and creativity into their day.
Dec 10, 2012 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Beautiful book - beautiful illustrations. Absolutely a must have! It instantly brightens your day, just by looking through it, let alone actually doing what is within it.

One of my very favorite things about it is that at the start of each day, you get to name that day.

Just a wonderful pick-me-up!! :)
Caitlin
I LOVE this Happy, sweet and charming book. A little kiss of happiness each day. Encourages you to break out of your norm and live a little. Great quotes sprinkle the pages- I think it is a wonderful book for just thinking outside the box- very good creative ideas, helped with a bit of writers block.
Kirsten
I love this book. It's a fantastic way to start your day. The writing prompts are engaging, the daily tidbits are interesting and often educational, and it just helps bring some fun into your world.
Kirstin Tesner
I'm loving this one. I will be using it everyday this year (at least that's the current plan). It makes you really think about everyday and why each day is special.
Margaret
This book is Awesome. It is a big, beautiful. colorful book filled with inspiration. It is a book that can be read all year long. The book has so many wonderful quotes!
Maribeth
such juicy fun for creatives and those who think they aren't creative!
Sherry
This is such a fun book. Every page is a delight, filled with wonderful illustrations, daily soul vitamins, awe-servances, a toast of the day, journal juju, aha-phrodisiacs, and a dose of mirth. It inspires creativity, celebrates moments of wonder, delight and amusement, and develops habits of happiness. I borrowed this from the library but I think I will have to order one from Amazon. I love to open it at random and read a page or two.
Sheree
I'm planning on using this books as it's intended: doing one page a day for the next year. I haven't read any of the pages except for the ones in the introduction, and the one for this month and this day (I started today). Unusual for me, since I would normally skim through this whole book in one sitting....but I really want to try this as a way to help me journal so I'm 'saving' the surprises for each day.
Asrina Maharani
Awesomely beautiful book, lift your spirit and creativity each day of the year. Always by my bedside. I love the colorful illustration and the fun induced creativity.
Reading it a page everyday.....
Relyn
Jan 01, 2010 Relyn rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody!!
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on my random blog wanderings
With a great title like this, I thought sure I'd love it. BLECH!! Not worth the paper it was printed on. Better to make toilet paper with it.
Mary Sue Wysocki
A short dose of thoughts and quotes. Great for thinking and doing when you need just a bite and not a whole brain or mouthful!
Marie
This book had a lot of great information and ideas... but it just wasn't for me.
Annie
This is a fun daily book. Quotes, inspiration, funny thoughts. I enjoyed this book.
Jane
Aug 06, 2013 Jane added it
It's a cute little book, one I might buy for certain friends.
Donna
Very cute, but in journal format so not so good as library book!
Robin
Jun 19, 2009 Robin is currently reading it
This book is great for writers and lovers of quirkiness and quotes and silly named days.
Nicole Kapise-Perkins
Nicole Kapise-Perkins marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Joelle Potrebka
Joelle Potrebka marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Yaz
Yaz marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Chrysta
Chrysta marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper: Gifting the World with Your Words and Stories, and Creating the Time and Energy to Actually Do It
  • Creative Is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
  • Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life
  • The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
  • Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings
  • How to Make a Journal of Your Life
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Messy Thrilling Life: The Art of Figuring Out How to Live
  • Creating a Life Worth Living
  • Artist Trading Cards Workshop: Create. Collect. Swap.
  • 1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations
  • The Decorated Journal: Creating Beautifully Expressive Journal Pages
  • The Write-Brain Workbook
  • Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest
  • Water Paper Paint: Exploring Creativity with Watercolor and Mixed Media
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
  • The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark
The Nine Modern Day Muses: 10 Guides to Creative Inspiration for Artists, Poets, Lovers, and Other Mortals Wanting to Live a Dazzling Existence The Muse Is In: An Owner�s Manual to Your Creativity