Anno's Math Games 2

Anno's Math Games 2 (Anno's Math Games #2)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Lively illustrations and intriguing puzzles and games make basic mathematical concepts accessible and fun for very young children in these inventive books from award-winning illustrator Mitsumasa Anno.
-- comparing quantity, size, position, elements
-- graphing with coordinates
-- liquid measurement
Published September 22nd 1997 by Puffin (first published September 6th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Anno's Math Games 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anno's Math Games 2

Jenny D
Each chapter of this book has math games for students to solve. For example, in the Magic Machine, numbers get put into a machine and change. When 5 goes in, 6 comes out; when 6 goes in, 7 goes out; and 4 becomes 5. Students have to figure out what happens in the machine. Provide manipulatives to have students follow along with the story to solve each story. Because of the way the book is set up, teachers can select a few chapters and set them up as quick centers, perhaps as file folder games fo...more
Julie Suzanne
Weird--definitely didn't mesh with my learning/thinking style, and I think that's a problem with me. I'm hoping it will help my son to think "out of the box" a bit. Encourages children to recognize patterns, problem-solve, see things differently, which eventually leads to a lesson on measurement, counting, graphic arts, perspective, etc. but in a very obscure and indirect way... Very unusual, but I think it could really work.
Moe
This is more for like 1st or 2nd grade because I skipped a chapter on counting, which I already knew. It was like learning and you didn't really know it, and going over stuff I already learned but in a better way. The best chapter was when they had a machine that could change things to different things.
Grignr
Grignr added it
May 15, 2014
Maxwell
Maxwell marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Ann Su
Ann Su added it
Jan 13, 2014
Joey Lawsin
Joey Lawsin marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Ellie Washecka
Ellie Washecka marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Jiarui
Jiarui marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Amandalynn
Amandalynn marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Alex
Alex added it
Dec 29, 2012
Brenda
Brenda added it
Jun 21, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Junko
Junko added it
Dec 11, 2011
Functions 1 2 Mar 01, 2014 09:49AM
72077
Mitsumasa Anno (born March 20, 1926) is a Japanese illustrator and writer of children's books, known best for picture books with few or no words. He received the international Hans Christian Andersen Medal in 1984 for his "lasting contribution to children's literature".

Source: Wikipedia.
More about Mitsumasa Anno...
Anno's Journey Anno's Counting Book Anno's Magic Seeds Anno's U.S.A. Anno's Alphabet