Miami Massacre (The Executioner, #4)

Miami Massacre (The Executioner #4)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  269 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Mack Bolan is informed that Mafia overlords are meeting in Florida toomake arrangements to wipe him out - permanently! He penetrates their inner council, only to encounter the guns of the dreaded Talifero brothers. They are skilled "enforcers" whose cold-blooded modus operandi makes them powerful foes to be feared and respected - even by THE EXECUTIONER!

Overcoming near ins...more
Mass Market Paperback, 186 pages
Published 1970 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Miami Massacre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miami Massacre

Krycek
Continuing his one-man war on the Mafia, Mack Bolan (no relation to Marc Bolan, of T.Rex, I presume) gets whiff of a Mafia summit in the matching-white-belts-and-shoes capital of the world, so he heads to Miami to interrupt the proceedings. I predict there is going to be a massacre-- a Miami massacre, to be precise, which is also the title of the fourth in Don Pendleton's 1970s-era Executioner series.

Miami Massacre benefits from actually being written by Don Pendleton, the creator of Mack Bolan,...more
Mike (the Paladin)
Another violent (I hate the word, but...) "romp" with Bolan infiltrating a meeting of mob head honchos that has been called to plan his demise. Here he runs into...dum, dum, dum (okay maybe "dum" wasn't the best choice of sound effect for a book some may think is close to "dumb" anyway...but just go with it) as I was saying he runs into the Talifero brothers! (never heard of them huh? Well that's because even though they are apparntly world renound "hitters" they are, fictional ones.)

Nice violen...more
Menion
Dec 26, 2013 Menion rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pulp fiction readers
Shelves: fiction
I just read this on a whim, as I found a stack of about 10 of these on the shelf at the town dump. Being the book scrounger (and cheapskate) I am, I grabbed them all. Hell, I figured I would read one, and if I liked it, then I had plenty more to work with. If not, back to the dump with them.
Glad I grabbed them! This is good ol' fashioned pulp fiction, the days when you wrote stories without worrying about developing the characters overmuch. Anything that is exciting and drives the plot forward i...more
Livius Nedin
It's really interesting to read these knowing where the series heads. I may not have noticed where "live large" originated, if I hadn't known that it becomes a mantra for Bolan.
Jake
I shouldn't be so critical. This series is very addictive pulp. This 4th installment introduced the 'dreaded Talifero Brothers.' Polite, hippy, super-enforcers. They question a mob guy for hours, and oh-boy does he sweat. Later in the story, they torture a girl, and Mack gets sad, and then goes off like a nuclear bomb. Boom!

These books are very fun, even the duds.Like pizza, even a bad pizza is usually edible. I thought this book was kind of funny since Mack is driving his rental car around Miam...more
Stephen Wenzel
Bought it with my Dad at Kroch's and Brentano's in Chicago. Read a few but I think we fizzled out after the first ten or so. Lot's of fun.
Timo
Ei tämä ihan niin mainio ollut kuin edellinen Bolan, mutta kuitenkin kovin viihdyttävä.
Ken West
The Executioner heads to South Florida and havoc ensues for the Mafia, good stuff!
Bill Jackman
Just don't.
colleen
read 10.05.84
Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Patrice Vincent
Patrice Vincent marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Valentin
Valentin marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Don Pendleton was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, December 12, 1927 and died October 23, 1995 in Arizona.

He wrote mystery, action/adventure, science-fiction, crime fiction, suspense, short stories, nonfiction, and was a Comic scriptwriter, poet, screenwriter, essayist, and metaphysical scholar. He published more than one hundred twenty-five books in his long career and his books have been published...more
More about Don Pendleton...
War Against the Mafia (The Executioner, #1) Death Squad (The Executioner, #2) Battle Mask (The Executioner, #3) Continental Contract (The Executioner, #5) Nightmare in New York (The Executioner, #7)