Start by marking “Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley

Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley

4.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  871 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
What counsel does President Gordon B. Hinckley have for missionaries? What has he taught about the Atonement? How does he feel about the Prophet Joseph Smith? What has he said to parents of the Church, to youth, to students, to priesthood holders? President Hinckley, in his straight forward tone, presents answers to life's most pressing questions within the context of gosp ...more
Published December 1st 1997 by Shadow Mountain (first published 1997)

Don Gubler
Jun 07, 2016 Karen added it
lds
Debbie
Oct 04, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
President Gordon B. Hinckley was such an amazing man and his teachings were prophetic, encouraging, and full of wisdom. "The Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley" is an all-encompassing compendium of his greatest quotes spanning thirty years of service in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I highly, highly recommend this book!
Fred D
Feb 09, 2008 Fred D rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody
Shelves: religion
This book presents Pres. Hinckley's teachings on many topics. Personally Pres. Hinkley is the most insiring man I've ever known in my life. He lived the principles he taught. His endless optimism and dedication to making the world a better place really come out in this book.
Jessica
Oct 16, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jessica by: Katie Steele
This book is full of quotes from President Hinckley about various topics, in alphabetical order. If you're unsure about what the Church's view is on something and want a quick answer, this is a great book to have. This is also good to have when writing a talk.
Etta Mcquade
Mar 27, 2010 Etta Mcquade rated it it was amazing
Although I haven't read this book from cover to cover, I use it extensively as a reference whenever I give a talk or teach a lesson. (The date I've put down for finishing it is the date I began using it.)
Millie
Nov 05, 2008 Millie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
A wonderful reference book. When I started I planned to read only particular topics that were of particular interest to me at the time, however, I am hooked and just keep reading and reading.
Markii
Aug 21, 2010 Markii rated it liked it
Although generally hard to find, there are some great progressive pearls of wisdom and philosophical thought cautiously scattered within its pages and relevant even for our times.
Jonathan Collier
Aug 13, 2012 Jonathan Collier is currently reading it
This book is a great book for Sunday afternoons, or simply for guidance. it is the perfect family home evening book, and there is never a time that there is nothing worth reading in it.
Liz
Mar 20, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious-books
This is a great reference book for talks and general church doctrine from President Hinkley. One of my favorite Valentines gifts. :-)
Chris
Jan 16, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-religious
Easy to read book about living with faith, hope, charity, and purity in a world that often does not celebrate these qualities.
Kelly
Apr 10, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I got to page 176 in this book - had to return it to the library. I'll read again at a later date - not a quick read.
Elizabeth S
Jun 03, 2009 Elizabeth S rated it it was amazing
Yes, I did read every page, cover to cover. And yes, it was interesting and wonderful and worth it.
Kim
Dec 11, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing
This is a really wonderful and inspiring book with a lot of great wisdom from and inspired man.
LeeAnn
Apr 08, 2009 LeeAnn rated it liked it
Shelves: doctrinal, lds
Great resource book. I frequently go to it for a quick reference on various issues.
Rex
Sep 09, 2007 Rex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds
This is my favorite book of his. The teachings are arranged by topic.
Bridget
May 18, 2008 Bridget marked it as to-read
Shelves: religion
Have this book
Eve
Eve rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Michelle Larson
Michelle Larson rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
A'Isha Moneral
A'Isha Moneral marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
James
James marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Aletha Litz
Aletha Litz marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Araceli Tejeda
Araceli Tejeda rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Jeanie Robbins
Jeanie Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michelle Lowe
Michelle Lowe rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Virginia Bunn
Virginia Bunn marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • The Neal A. Maxwell Quote Book
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • A Disciple's Life: The Biography of Neal A. Maxwell
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon
  • Book of Mormon Reference Companion
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Counseling With Our Councils: Learning To Minister Together In The Church And In The Family
  • Be Your Best Self
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
President Hinckley was known, even at the age of 95, as a tireless leader who always put in a full day at the office and traveled extensively around the world to mix with Church members, now numbering nearly 13 million in 171 nations.

His quick wit and humor, combined with an eloquent style at the pulpit, made him one of the most loved of modern Church leaders. A profoundly spiritual man, he had a
More about Gordon B. Hinckley...

“I do not worry very much about the young men and women, including many returned missionaries, who are of such an age that in all likelihood they will be married within a relatively short time. I feel they should not be put under pressure by counsel from Church leaders to rush into it. But neither do I believe that they should dally along in a fruitless, frustrating, and frivolous dating game that only raises hopes and brings disappointment and in some cases heartache.

The young men should take the initiative in this matter. It goes without saying that they should be encouraged to live worthy of the companionship of a wonderful partner. They should be taught to put aside any thought of selfish superiority and recognize and follow the teaching of the Church that the husband and wife walk side by side with neither one ahead or behind.”
0 likes