Start by marking “Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley” as Want to Read:
Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley

Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley

What counsel does President Gordon B. Hinckley have for missionaries? What has he taught about the Atonement? How does he feel about the Prophet Joseph Smith? What has he said to parents of the Church, to youth, to students, to priesthood holders? President Hinckley, in his straight forward tone, presents answers to life's most pressing questions within the context of gosp ...more
Published December 1st 1997 by Shadow Mountain (first published 1997)

Debbie
Oct 04, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
President Gordon B. Hinckley was such an amazing man and his teachings were prophetic, encouraging, and full of wisdom. "The Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley" is an all-encompassing compendium of his greatest quotes spanning thirty years of service in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I highly, highly recommend this book!
Fred D
Feb 09, 2008 Fred D rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody
Shelves: religion
This book presents Pres. Hinckley's teachings on many topics. Personally Pres. Hinkley is the most insiring man I've ever known in my life. He lived the principles he taught. His endless optimism and dedication to making the world a better place really come out in this book.
Etta Mcquade
Mar 27, 2010 Etta Mcquade rated it it was amazing
Although I haven't read this book from cover to cover, I use it extensively as a reference whenever I give a talk or teach a lesson. (The date I've put down for finishing it is the date I began using it.)
Jessica
Oct 16, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jessica by: Katie Steele
This book is full of quotes from President Hinckley about various topics, in alphabetical order. If you're unsure about what the Church's view is on something and want a quick answer, this is a great book to have. This is also good to have when writing a talk.
Markii
Aug 21, 2010 Markii rated it liked it
Although generally hard to find, there are some great progressive pearls of wisdom and philosophical thought cautiously scattered within its pages and relevant even for our times.
Elizabeth S
Jun 03, 2009 Elizabeth S rated it it was amazing
Yes, I did read every page, cover to cover. And yes, it was interesting and wonderful and worth it.
Kelly
Apr 10, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
I got to page 176 in this book - had to return it to the library. I'll read again at a later date - not a quick read.
Chris
Jan 16, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-religious
Easy to read book about living with faith, hope, charity, and purity in a world that often does not celebrate these qualities.
Millie
Nov 05, 2008 Millie rated it it was amazing
A wonderful reference book. When I started I planned to read only particular topics that were of particular interest to me at the time, however, I am hooked and just keep reading and reading.
Jonathan Collier
Aug 13, 2012 Jonathan Collier is currently reading it
This book is a great book for Sunday afternoons, or simply for guidance. it is the perfect family home evening book, and there is never a time that there is nothing worth reading in it.
Liz
Mar 20, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious-books
This is a great reference book for talks and general church doctrine from President Hinkley. One of my favorite Valentines gifts. :-)
Jessica Denardo
Jessica Denardo rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
Toshia
Toshia rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2008
Philip Seth
Philip Seth rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Glenda
Glenda rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
Bob Feland
Bob Feland rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Amy Benson
Amy Benson rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2008
Nicoly Santos
Nicoly Santos rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Chris Hansen
Chris Hansen rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2008
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Amelia
Amelia rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Leonard Hansen
Leonard Hansen rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Lindy
Lindy rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2008
Carlee Powell
Carlee Powell rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
Brenda Swanson
Brenda Swanson rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2010
Pamela Holloway
Pamela Holloway rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Travis Beeman
Travis Beeman rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2012
Tym
Tym rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2014
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • The Neal A. Maxwell Quote Book
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • A Disciple's Life: The Biography of Neal A. Maxwell
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon
  • Book of Mormon Reference Companion
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Counseling With Our Councils: Learning To Minister Together In The Church And In The Family
  • Be Your Best Self
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
President Hinckley was known, even at the age of 95, as a tireless leader who always put in a full day at the office and traveled extensively around the world to mix with Church members, now numbering nearly 13 million in 171 nations.

His quick wit and humor, combined with an eloquent style at the pulpit, made him one of the most loved of modern Church leaders. A profoundly spiritual man, he had a
More about Gordon B. Hinckley...

“I do not worry very much about the young men and women, including many returned missionaries, who are of such an age that in all likelihood they will be married within a relatively short time. I feel they should not be put under pressure by counsel from Church leaders to rush into it. But neither do I believe that they should dally along in a fruitless, frustrating, and frivolous dating game that only raises hopes and brings disappointment and in some cases heartache.

The young men should take the initiative in this matter. It goes without saying that they should be encouraged to live worthy of the companionship of a wonderful partner. They should be taught to put aside any thought of selfish superiority and recognize and follow the teaching of the Church that the husband and wife walk side by side with neither one ahead or behind.”
0 likes