Start by marking “A Nation Deceived: How Schools Hold Back America's Brightest Students, Volume II” as Want to Read:
A Nation Deceived:  How Schools Hold Back America's Brightest Students, Volume II

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Templeton National Report on Acceleration, supporting evidence.
paperback, 180 pages
Published October 2004 by The University of Iowa, Iowa City

To ask other readers questions about A Nation Deceived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Nation Deceived

Ruth
Sad state of gifted education since "No Child Left Behind". (No child left behind, but no child gets ahead, either!) Teachers are forced to tailor their teaching to the needs of the lowest students, and bright students are left to fend for themselves.
Meredith
This is actually not a book but rather the findings of a study on gifted and talented children. I read this "book"- both parts 1 and 2 as my family tried to make the decision as to whether or not to have 1 of our children skip a grade. Having made the decision to have the child straddle 2 grades, I then received this book and was shocked to find that almost everything the study had said was true. Based on the findings of this report AND the results of our child's experience, we chose to have her ...more
Kimberly Roper
A well written overview of the myths/truths surrounding the acceleration of students and the cost to the individual and society as a whole as we allow our best and brightest in the nation to languish and mark time in the classroom. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary teachers and administrators even today continue to influence and sometimes determine decisions about student acceleration based on emotion rather than a data driven process. Should be required reading for parents of gifted ...more
Inês Sagula
excellent book. for those who are interested in understanding, how can accelerate a child or adolescent gifted and talented. Who are they? and how we can help them.
Amber
I found this to be very informative and an easy and quick read. There was a lot of information without all the filler that is found in many non-fiction books.
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Tena
Tena marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Allison Hyson
Allison Hyson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
A.M. Pater
A.M. Pater marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Nancy Wines
Nancy Wines marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
John
John is currently reading it
May 16, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Jodi Ngati
Jodi Ngati marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Anderson Andrade
Anderson Andrade marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Giovanna
Giovanna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Handbook of Gifted Education المرجع في تربية الموهوبين A Nation Deceived How Schools Hold Back Americas Brightest Handbook of Gifted Education Handbook of Gifted Education (Custom Package)