Start by marking “Eros Rising” as Want to Read:
Eros Rising

Eros Rising

Originally part of the Hearts From the Ashes anthology.

Scott and Keegan have both known their share of manipulation and abuse. Can they rise above the heartaches of their separate pasts and build a future together?

Scott Jasper needs a change in his life. Stuck in a dead-end relationship with a man who manipulates and uses him, Scott wants out but hasn’t found the one th

ebook
Published January 16th 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eros Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eros Rising

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
281st out of 2,757 books — 2,933 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
295th out of 934 books — 1,267 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Dec 11, 2008 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All reader who love a great erotic romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I enjoy the author's other works
Some heroes are just memorable. As many books as I have read, most heroes in time fall through the cracks. They usually become a faint memory of a book I once read.
In Eros Rising, I don't think I will personally never forget it's heroes, and how much I enjoyed reading about them and their story.

Scott Jasper has been in a loveless relationship for some time. What was once was tender and loving has now become mechanical and untrusting.

When Scott's lover manipulates him into going to the local gay
Jack
Apr 03, 2009 Jack rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jack by: Daisiemae and all of our friends here!
Shelves: favorites
Keegan is definitely is the star of this story. My partner and I were talking about this book last night. Of course, Keegan was the hot topic. We both tried to figure out his appeal. He certainly is a memorable hero. From his angelic looks and the total sexiness he portrays...whether intentional or not. We decided that it not only is Keegan beautiful on the outside, he is on the inside too. His painful past was hard to overcome, but Keegan's determination to get past it, and have a chance with ...more
Ava
Dec 25, 2008 Ava rated it really liked it
Heather
Dec 14, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, e-book, m-erotica
This book is so hot!! God... seriously, I love Keegan!

Daisie's review is awesome, so just read hers! I LOVED this book.

If you want smokin hot sex, sweet tender romance and a great HEA... read this book!! ;)

This book is m/m, so if you're not into that, dont read this!

xoxo
Brenda (b)
This is a lovely story about falling in love. There is no suspenseful plot or evil bad guys out to take over the world. Just two people falling in love and dealing with what that means to them. Scott and Keegan are so good together. Keegan's costumes sound like lots of fun.
Gabbi
Dec 19, 2008 Gabbi rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gabbi by: daisie
I really liked the characters in this book. I thought the storyline was fresh and interesting and once I picked it up, I didn't stop reading it. Loved it.
Camilla
Oct 25, 2010 Camilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Ok, I take back what I wrote in my review yesterday.. If there is one book that has brought back my faith (and love) in m/m books, its this one..

Finally! And I do mean finally there is a gay guy that doesnt want to share his love, with a million other men, or get off on watching him have sex with other people. Thank you Jesus!

I loved Scott and Keegan.. Keegan, even though hurt, was just too cute and sexy, and Scott was just the one I have been looking for in all my m/m books.. The one that has
Maria Aguilar
Jan 26, 2013 Maria Aguilar rated it really liked it
I will give this book a rating of 4.5.

I really love this book this book because it was so sweet but at the same time there was a intense passion going on but I feel that it was to short for my liking. I really like Keegan because even though he had a rough past he still is willing to give Scott a chance of them having a relationship and falling in love with him.
I also love Scott because even though he was falling for Keegan and want to have sex with him he is still loyal to Logan because he be
Cindi
Nov 11, 2011 Cindi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, ally-blue
Scott has been in a bad relationship with Logan for 7 years. Logan is a total jerk. Logan manipulates Scott into going to a male strip club. Scott gets angry and is about to storm out until Eros (Keegan) comes on stage. There is a immediate attraction so Scott sits down to watch the show. Logan disappears to go to the "restroom" but is gone for over 2 hours. During that time Scott sits at the bar talking to Keegan who is bartending. Logan is found (by Scott) shortly after in a compromising ...more
Gwengwel
With the high rating this story have I was eager to read it.
What a deception.
No Plot, unsafe sex (you don't shallow without test (you're not even suposed to rim) and you never, never use a dildo that was on the floor, that's plain stupid and insalubrious), too much sex in one day (the number of time they can come's ridiculous), personage so cliche I want to cry (Keegan's react emotionnaly like a preteen girl and Scott's a GaryStue).
The book even have sentences that you can find on other book b
Charly
Nov 01, 2012 Charly rated it really liked it
Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 8/10

PROS:
- Explosive, passionate sex scenes; the two characters are half in love by the time they sleep together for the first time, so the sex is intimate and emotional.
- Likeable characters. Scott is honorable and reserved and Keegan is fiery and unafraid of voicing his opinions.

CONS:
- The story’s main conflict is resolved a little too quickly considering the emotional trauma in one character’s background.
- Som
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Mar 04, 2013 Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌ rated it liked it
Shelves: short
Dirty-from-floor dildos + ass = unhygienic

Okay, now that we've cleared that up, this was quite a lovely read. Cute, if not anything else. Scott is a gentle soul and Keegan sounds pretty sexy.

Though it may seem that I don't have much appreciation for the execution, one of the things I particularly liked was that even after 8 years, Keegan was still suffering from the trauma of his past. Which is realistic. And I like and appreciate realistic.

Rating: A bit less than three.
Andy
Oct 17, 2012 Andy rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I quite liked this story. Both, Scott and Keegan, are in some ways damaged and in need of healing. I especially found the way in which Keegan learned to trust Scott heart warming. What I didn't really get was how a seemingly gentle soul like Scott could start to hurt his boyfriend as punishments, even if he provoked it. That really wasn't believable. But the story between Scott and Keegan is sweet!
CB
Sep 09, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Part of the Hearts from Ashes anthology. I only read one other story by JL Langley and they were not tied together at all - totally stand alone except for the name of the bar.

This was an interesting short story with one MC already in a committed relationship - I was glad the author handled that without any cheating on the MC's part.
Leona Bowman
Oct 18, 2014 Leona Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreak!!

I loved how two broken men found love and happiness. first friends which quickly grew into something really special. they helped heal each other. I also liked how everyone got a happy ending. :)
Beck
Because this book seems to get consistently good reviews from others but left me feeling...

I've shelved it as re-read and review ... later ... much later.
Kiera Nightroad
Jul 10, 2011 Kiera Nightroad rated it really liked it
A touching read about learning to love and trust. A previously abused dancer learns to love the right man.
Corina_dana33
Apr 04, 2012 Corina_dana33 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e, gay
I really liked this book.Shorter then I expected but with a great story.I really liked Scott and I was feeling sorry for Keegan and his life.
Great book I recommned it to everyone
Chris
Feb 18, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
Good m/m romance about a guy who's staying in his not-so-good relationship out of complacency, until he becomes friends with a stripper...
Stefanía Ösp
Stefanía Ösp rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Gulkonoth
Gulkonoth rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2009
Betryal
Betryal rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2009
Honey
Honey rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
Sidda Lee
Sidda Lee rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2008
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2010
Desiree Dottery
Desiree Dottery rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
  • Second Sight
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Letting In the Light
  • Perfect Man
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Liquid Glass
  • Survival
  • Snow Angel
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her ...more
More about Ally Blue...