Start by marking “Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life” as Want to Read:
Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life

Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Signals is an extraordinary true story of two friends, both living with AIDS, who make a simple but spiritually challenging pact: whoever dies first will try to contact, or “signal,” the other from beyond. Joel Rothschild, the more skeptical of the two, is the one left behind. His book chronicles a series of miraculous experiences and encounters that tell an amazing story ...more
Published March 9th 2001 by New World Library (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Signals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Signals

A short enough book that I read it all at once. The memoir aspect, regarding the friends Joel's lost to AIDS, didn't hold my attention as much as the Joel's own story of receiving messages for others; the title reference to Albert's vowing to communicate from The Beyond got rather lost behind those other two items. Recommended for those interested in the paranormal.
I just re-read this book; it's quite the tear jerker but it's MARVELOUS in my's positively beautiful. I love this book and if anyone who is unsure of what happens after we die need's confirmation that we're all very much angels in the lives of those we love - READ THIS BOOK! If you want a true love story about how death can't separate those of us from one another whom we love - READ THIS BOOK! I needed to remember that death is just a 'part' of's not an end, it's in m ...more
Hope and inspiration on paper. While the story is because of grave illness, death and loss of friends these are not the focus. You will find yourself reading quickly so you can keep finding out what happens next.
May 16, 2014 Sherry rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sherry by: Neale Donald Walsch
I really enjoyed this book. I read it because Neale Donald Walsch wrote the forward. It was a touching love story with the proof of life after death confirmed.
This is one of my favorite books. Beautiful and touching. I just reread it last December and I cried all over again.
very good book, extremely quick read....if you just recently lost someone, it is a very reassuring book.
This book is amazing...especially if you feel that you have experienced "signals"
Stephanie Yohn
Inspiring Life after death.. positive from a negative story
Laura Radniecki
I'd say I'm a little bit of a skeptic so I wasn't sure how I'd like this book.

After reading it though, I'm convinced that Joel isn't embellishing, and I think the possibility of these kinds of signals happening is huge.

Joel told his story openly and from the heart, and it made this book emotional and yet enjoyable to read.

I am normally a slow reader but I read this book cover to cover in one evening. I definitely recommend it!
Katie Lewis theriault
It was a decent read regarding someone's paranormal experiences, but I felt there was so much missing. I felt more details in certain experiences he had would've made it more enjoyable. Overall, a quick interesting book.
This book touched Paulo Coehlo's soul and was described as a wonderful book. This is proven to be true when I started reading it. Now I finished it, it left a faith on me that there's life after life. I felt shivers through reading this book. Every stories of signals he told were unbelievable but you will definitely believe it. It left me crying for a while over lessons in life that you really knew but chose to set aside.
Very well written. I could not put it down!
Man with AIDS who suddenly loses the closest person in his life d/t suicide. He is then very angry and grieving terribly for months.
He and his partner had made a pact that whoever went first, would let the other know that they 'still existed' by sending "Signals" from the other side.
This book is an interesting look at spirituality, minus religion. A non-fiction work of an author who has AIDS and experiences incredible spiritual experiences that fulfill his and his friends' lives. A very easy read, will only take a few hours.
Melinda Horton
Short read but so moving and has changed my views of what happens after death. There is so much more to it. Ask me sometime and I'll tell what has happened to me now that I am more aware.
Marian marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Love To
Love To marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Ben marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Shawna Prestwich
Shawna Prestwich marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Mariella Rinaldi
Mariella Rinaldi marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Djoko Djojo
Djoko Djojo marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Deja Sierra
Deja Sierra marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Salix marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Kay marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hope: A Story of Triumph Talking with Nature and Journey into Nature: A Michael Roads Reader