Start by marking “Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life” as Want to Read:
Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life

Signals: An Inspiring Story of Life After Life

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Signals is an extraordinary true story of two friends, both living with AIDS, who make a simple but spiritually challenging pact: whoever dies first will try to contact, or “signal,” the other from beyond. Joel Rothschild, the more skeptical of the two, is the one left behind. His book chronicles a series of miraculous experiences and encounters that tell an amazing story ...more
Published March 9th 2001 by New World Library (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Signals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Signals

John
Nov 24, 2013 John rated it liked it
A short enough book that I read it all at once. The memoir aspect, regarding the friends Joel's lost to AIDS, didn't hold my attention as much as the Joel's own story of receiving messages for others; the title reference to Albert's vowing to communicate from The Beyond got rather lost behind those other two items. Recommended for those interested in the paranormal.
Cristina
Hope and inspiration on paper. While the story is because of grave illness, death and loss of friends these are not the focus. You will find yourself reading quickly so you can keep finding out what happens next.
Sherry
May 16, 2014 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sherry by: Neale Donald Walsch
I really enjoyed this book. I read it because Neale Donald Walsch wrote the forward. It was a touching love story with the proof of life after death confirmed.
Rosie
Jul 02, 2010 Rosie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book, extremely quick read....if you just recently lost someone, it is a very reassuring book.
Lynette
Jan 29, 2008 Lynette rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing...especially if you feel that you have experienced "signals"
Stephanie Lowry
Aug 01, 2013 Stephanie Lowry rated it it was amazing
Inspiring Life after death.. positive from a negative story
Ashley
Feb 09, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I just re-read this book; it's quite the tear jerker but it's MARVELOUS in my opinion......it's positively beautiful. I love this book and if anyone who is unsure of what happens after we die need's confirmation that we're all very much angels in the lives of those we love - READ THIS BOOK! If you want a true love story about how death can't separate those of us from one another whom we love - READ THIS BOOK! I needed to remember that death is just a 'part' of life.....it's not an end, it's in m ...more
Laura Radniecki
Oct 12, 2014 Laura Radniecki rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I'd say I'm a little bit of a skeptic so I wasn't sure how I'd like this book.

After reading it though, I'm convinced that Joel isn't embellishing, and I think the possibility of these kinds of signals happening is huge.

Joel told his story openly and from the heart, and it made this book emotional and yet enjoyable to read.

I am normally a slow reader but I read this book cover to cover in one evening. I definitely recommend it!
Chechen
Jun 10, 2014 Chechen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This book touched Paulo Coehlo's soul and was described as a wonderful book. This is proven to be true when I started reading it. Now I finished it, it left a faith on me that there's life after life. I felt shivers through reading this book. Every stories of signals he told were unbelievable but you will definitely believe it. It left me crying for a while over lessons in life that you really knew but chose to set aside.
Kim
Very well written. I could not put it down!
Man with AIDS who suddenly loses the closest person in his life d/t suicide. He is then very angry and grieving terribly for months.
He and his partner had made a pact that whoever went first, would let the other know that they 'still existed' by sending "Signals" from the other side.
SHORT READ
Kaylynn
Jul 10, 2008 Kaylynn rated it really liked it
This book is an interesting look at spirituality, minus religion. A non-fiction work of an author who has AIDS and experiences incredible spiritual experiences that fulfill his and his friends' lives. A very easy read, will only take a few hours.
Melinda Horton
Apr 04, 2013 Melinda Horton rated it it was amazing
Short read but so moving and has changed my views of what happens after death. There is so much more to it. Ask me sometime and I'll tell what has happened to me now that I am more aware.
Ana
Apr 29, 2008 Ana rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books. Beautiful and touching. I just reread it last December and I cried all over again.
Katie Lewis theriault
It was a decent read regarding someone's paranormal experiences, but I felt there was so much missing. I felt more details in certain experiences he had would've made it more enjoyable. Overall, a quick interesting book.
Cristian Marrero
Apr 28, 2016 Cristian Marrero rated it liked it
Not the best book in my opinion. Really had a slow start. I prefer the life of Billy Fingers.
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jul 17, 2016
Linda Drawater
Linda Drawater rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
April
April rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Tristy at New World Library
Tristy at New World Library rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Forest Balderson
Forest Balderson rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Luc
Luc rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Kimmy Erin
Kimmy Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Nat
Nat rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Tara Sroka
Tara Sroka rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Andy
Andy added it
Feb 29, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Chie
Chie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016