Start by marking “Simply The Best” as Want to Read:
Simply The Best

Simply The Best

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Nothing takes the sheen off a marriage proposal quite like discovering that your prospective fiance already has a wife. For newspaper writer Alexandra Kenner, this is just the latest in a series of unfortunate relationships that are good for only one thing - badmouthing over beers with her best buddy, Mack Douglas"
Published December 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Simply The Best, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply The Best

Julie (jjmachshev)
If you like 'friends to lovers' books, then Shirley Jump's "Simply the Best" should be on your must-read list. She's penned a tale of two best friends who are real people with real problems yet come to learn that the one they have always relied on turns out to be the one that will always be there.

Alexandra is tired of playing at relationships. She's 27 and it's time for her to grow up and be an adult. That means no more flings, she's looking for the real thing. But before she can look to the fut
Lisa Kay
Megan Lynn
Jun 07, 2015 Megan Lynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: friends
Recommended to Megan Lynn by: Sacramento public library
Shelves: favorites
the chemistry between them is strong and powerful. I love reading best friends to lovers tropes. it's the best topic I love reading about. when the book starts it shows Mack wanted her and be openly checking her out. when old lovers or old girlfriends come in the mix, jealous dances in with it's ugly head attached and have drama trailing behind it. when they finally have sex, I'm surprised that I didn't fall off the couch because the scenes are so steamy and hot that it'll make you sweat. when o ...more
Gemma
The theme of best friends falling in love is a favorite of mine, and the author handled it well. The hero and heroine had great chemistry without being overdone. While their sexual tension sizzled, I also felt like there was more to their relationship than just the physical. The author did a good job of developing the characters, so that I really felt like I knew them, and could see why they would fall in love with on another. The author also tackled some real relationship issues in this book; t ...more
Carolyn
The story between Alex and Mack is magnetic. They have been friends there whole lives, best friends in fact. They both have issues, Mack never wants to get married again and Alex is looking for the white picket fence. Along the way, something changes and they both start noticing one another, the attraction between the two are off the charts but they don't want to ruin a great friendship. The plot and characters are well written and it's a laugh out loud, can't put down read. Then the plot thicke ...more
Via Magleo
"Every woman dreams of being rescued. It's that Rapunzel-in-the-castle, Snow White-in-the-bed fantasy. But sometimes, we fall in love with the idea of the hero, and not the man himself."

I love the ending ;)
Sassy
Nov 26, 2014 Sassy added it
This book was great all around well rounded romance. One I'd read over. Sweet
Katherine
Deanne
Cute story but the story line is taking too long to build up, not one of the best books i have red from her. But i would recommend this to young adults who is transitioning from the YA romance to Adult fiction romance, and this book is a good way to start
Margaret Konecsni
Found and finished (whew!). Great laughs and miscommunication, but you might get worried about the side stories (the married best friend w/ the troubled marriage, the husband who can't let go of the wife who abandoned him).
Ashley FL
Probably a 3 star story, but there were so many problems with the time-line that I kept getting pulled out of it. Cute, but not as good as so many other, similar books.
Marblezzie (Blez)
i thought the story was boring at first but it got really exciting as the story unfolded. It was so far the best story about best-friends-falling-in-love.
Penny
I more like a 2.5, I really like Mack, but there isn't much of a story, to many cliches at the beginning, and a HEA at the end.
Maggie
I dunno why this isn't on my read list, I read it months ago and just finished another Jump book last night.
Peggy
This book just drug on and on. It should have ended 100 pages sooner than it did.
Monica
pretty good, kind of juicy but also had a good story.
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Beautiful
Beautiful marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Robyn Donnelly
Robyn Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Carol Woodruff
Carol Woodruff marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Marlen
Marlen marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Dawn Golias
Dawn Golias marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Melissa Elder
Melissa Elder marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
  • Her Very Special Robot
  • Hunger Moon Rising
  • Her Best Friend's Brother
  • Make Me Yours (Harlequin Blaze, #479)
  • Hot Mail
  • Too Tempting (Oh, Yum!)
  • Her Best Friend's Wedding
  • Bare Necessities (Harlequin Blaze, #371)
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • So Into You (Cajun, #8)
  • The Beach Alibi (Smithson Group SG-5, #4)
  • It's In His Kiss
  • Her Best Friend
  • Hot in Here
  • Money Shot
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • Rage of Passion
  • Bedtime for Bonsai (Guys & Dogs, #4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shirley Jump spends her days writing romance and women’s fiction to feed her shoe addiction and avoid cleaning the toilets. She cleverly finds writing time by feeding her kids junk food, allowing them to dress in the clothes they find on the floor and encouraging the dogs to double as vacuum cleaners.

Look for her Sweet and Savory Romance series, inc
More about Shirley Jump...
The Bride Wore Chocolate (Recipes with Romance, #1) The Sweetheart Bargain (Sweetheart Sisters, #1) The Devil Served Tortellini (Recipes with Romance, #2) The Millionaire Tempted Fate The Bachelor Preferred Pastry (Recipes with Romance, #4)