Start by marking “4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)” as Want to Read:
4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)

4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers #4)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,504 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews

Ever had one of those days? A surprise visit from her fatherwho's on the run from the lawhas given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fiance, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over?
And then
A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control
The cops turn up the heat on her father's case
Carlott
Published March 24th 2009 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about 4 Bodies and a Funeral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4 Bodies and a Funeral

Ladiibbug
May 02, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
#4 Body Movers - Mystery Series

*Smack!* That's the sound of Stephanie Bond yet again powerfully slamming the ball wayyyyy out of the park, across the freeway, and into a field a mile away!

#4 in her cozy mystery Body Movers series somehow further exceeds the fun, intrigue, mystery and just damn excellent writing of books 1 through 3. If you like mysteries and are not reading her, do youself a big favor and get going on this amazing author!

While part of the Body Movers series, books 4 through 6 fo
Darcy
I find I keep reading this series for the train wreck that is Carlotta’s life. Wesley just keeps getting in deeper and deeper, making one stupid mistake after another. What makes this funny is how Carlotta can’t and doesn’t want to see just what Wesley is doing. I think part of this is to compensate for her parents leaving, but at some point Wesley needs to man up and become an adult instead of a kid playing at being one. The situation he is in at the end of the book shows that clearly.

Carlotta
Xenos
May 29, 2012 Xenos rated it liked it
Perhaps it's a cliche, but I'm still gonna use it..."Four Bodies and a Funeral" is the feel-good book of the year! Because after you read it, you will feel SO GOOD about your own life now matter how dull or stressful or ordinary it may be. Once again, Carlotta and company are up to their asses in alligators...Dead bodies, an escaped mental patient, romantic triangles and quadrangles, prescription drug abuse, undercover organized crime infiltration, illegal gambling...the list goes on and on. As ...more
Kathy
Im having a hard time writing a review for this book. Im afraid Im sort of indifferent. Even with the rating, I was going back and forth between three stars and four. I couldnt find anything that I didnt really care for in order to lower it to three, on the other hand I couldnt name anything I really liked to give it four.

If youre like me and read all series in order then this book is more of the same. Carlotta balancing her three men. Carlotta "accidentally" finding herslf in the midst of sever
Emily

Re-read: Maybe
Read more from author: Yes
Debra
Nov 03, 2015 Debra rated it it was ok
Carlotta Wren has a complicated life. She’s not only a sales associate at Neiman Marcus, but she helps moves dead bodies for her friend Coop, a former medical examiner. The job creates interesting situations, especially since a serial killer is on the loose. Also complicating Carlotta’s life are the three men she’s attracted to and the brief reappearance of her fugitive father after a decade in hiding. Oh, and her younger brother is into some pretty shady activities while dealing with an addicti ...more
Barbara ★
Feb 04, 2010 Barbara ★ rated it really liked it
Perryville Library
Oct 29, 2009 Perryville Library rated it really liked it
Shelves: megan, mystery
4 Bodies and a Funeral by Stephanie Bond
I first picked up Stephanie Bond’s - Body Movers- series in one of the long dry spells between those hilarious and compulsively readable Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. I was in the mood for a wacky mystery with a little bit of romance, and the first three books filled the void well. The 4th book, 4 Bodies and a Funeral, had an extra special something that had me as eager to start the fifth –which was luckily only a few feet away- as I was awaiti
Akl
Nov 21, 2012 Akl rated it did not like it
I've downloaded a lot of Bond's books when they are free on Amazon so I am familiar with her. I've loved most of her books. I was able to borrow the Body Mover series from the library. I am glad I didn't actually buy them. I liked the 1st book fine, but by this fourth, I am really starting to hate most of the characters.

Carlotta - I normally enjoy women sleuths, but Carlotta is so nosey and self righteous, it is hard to like her. She hates Jack's new partner as soon as they meet because she's go
Stefanie
Just lovin this series keeps me so interested in it. More characters come and go . . . Now there is a Charmed Killer and where is Michael? The plot keeps on twisting and Carlotta keeps getting herself mixed into a lot of things. . .

Fast read, suspense, action packed with a twist of romance with several men. Looking forward to Reading book 5 :-)

=======
Update 6-3-2016: If you are looking for other great suspense/action/Comedy/Laugh Out Loud / Romance books check out my other reviews. I Recommen
Laurie
Mar 17, 2014 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Ann
May 21, 2016 Ann rated it it was ok
Did not like the unfinished ending. It's not a mystery without a resolution.
Ian
Jan 21, 2012 Ian rated it liked it
There are some good moments in these books, but not enough to make them good books. Most of the characters are really vile human beings and I find it difficult enjoying a book when I don't like the main characters.
I ordered the first seven of these books and I'll read them but it's hard to generate any enthusiasm. Most of the male characters are misogynists. The female characters are spineless strumpets.
Kimberly Ann
I liked this but I didn't...

Carlotta has returned to work at Nieman Marcus. ..she is caught up in the midst of the theft of a "Lucky Charm" bracelet. She & her M.I.A. father are profiled by the Hottie Cop's new partner as possible suspects in the murder of three women who were found with charms in their mouths.

Wesley is addicted to "Oxy", working "collection" for the loan shark, but skimming off the top, hacking the courthouse pc files, and playing high stakes poker.

The crazy co-worker, Mi
Lokki
Jul 11, 2014 Lokki rated it really liked it
This fourth book in the Body Movers series begins what will be a three book story arc. Bond seems to have hit her groove with this installment as it is my favourite so far. The series provides a fun light-hearted mystery - Think Nancy Drew for adults (if Nancy Drew were to have shower-sex with Ned that is).

Still reeling over the fact that her friend Michael Lane is a murderer and tried to kill her, Carlotta Wren is back at work at Neiman Marcus. Her first day back at the job is as wacky as her
Anita
Jan 20, 2014 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-cozy
This is a cozy mystery w/sex. If you just happened to pick this up without reading the other books, I strongly advise you not to read this out of order. More than any other series I have read, this one follows in a real tight time frame and builds on the previous books. It is a good series and the characters kinda grow on you.

A series killer is stalking Atlanta leaving a charm in the mouth of each victim. This mystery is not solved in this book and it looks like it doesn't resolve till book 6. I
Peg Schwarz
Aug 03, 2014 Peg Schwarz rated it really liked it
This book leaves you hanging. Numbers 4, 5 & 6 are really one long book. They are good, just don't expect anything to be resolved at the end of #5 or #5.

"Ever had one of those days? "A surprise visit from her father--who's on the run from the law--has given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fiance, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over? And then...

A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control...

The cops
Linda
May 21, 2010 Linda rated it liked it
I really enjoy the Body Movers series but I was expecting a resolution to the crime at the end of this one and there wasn't. You have to read #5 and #6 to find out who is responsible. I read the first one and then I was completely hooked.
Cindy
Sep 12, 2009 Cindy rated it did not like it
I didn't even start this one. I'd read the 1st a while back, picked up 2/3/4 at library. I lost patience with the whole thing after #2. Skimmed a bit of #3 and didn't even start #4.
Katie
Feb 16, 2014 Katie rated it it was ok
I read this out of order, since I was seeking a quick read and it was available as an ebook from the library. It wasn't the worst book, I've ever read, but it wasn't good, either. Hall the characters are rather unlikable, the title had zero relation to the book (I get the 1, 2, 3, thing etc. in a series, but at least have 4 bodies and a funeral - obviously a play on the title of the movie, but stupid), and only the most uninteresting mystery was resolved. It gets credit for not having completely ...more
Jane Stewart
Sep 25, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok
This was labeled romantic suspense, but it had neither. It is a crime solving mystery that requires reading sequels.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This book was labeled romantic suspense, and the mislabeling is what bothers me the most. There was no suspense and no romance. At the beginning of the book, Carlotta is dating two men. A third man is interested, but she keeps that relationship platonic. At the end of the book, the dating situation is the same. There is no change or development in any relationshi
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 23, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Bond, Stephanie Bond that is. She's back with book four in her 'Body Movers' series and "4 Bodies and a Funeral" is just as funny as the previous three. Filled with everything from innuendo to slapstick, the heroine, Carlotta, has to try and figure out which man is the right one for her while dodging murder attempts, suspects, and a brother who's developing some VERY bad habits.

Carlotta is finally back to work and her first day is a doozy. It seems the current Olympic champion credits her charm
Lyndsay
Sascha
Jan 22, 2016 Sascha rated it liked it
So far I've really enjoyed reading the books in the Body Movers series. Stephanie Bond writes with a a sense of humor and a tendency toward quirky.

What kept this from being a four star book for me was a single incident that left me feeling dumbfounded over Carlotta's lack of perception or perhaps it is that she is just so self-absorbed? If you're concerned about a friend who you know has feelings for you and is troubled, would you really invite the other two men in your life to meet you at the p
Linda
Mar 12, 2015 Linda rated it did not like it
The worst: I downloaded from the library and didn't realize that this was not a stand-alone book. I got to the end and said WTF!!

I agree with the other readers re several factors:
Carlotta's co-dependent relationship with her brother
the stereotypical jealousy - her sometimes boyfriend's sexy new partner
the various boyfriend stereotypes- rich one, professional one, etc.

Yeah, I"m finished with Stephanie Plum. too trite for me.
Angel Waggoner
Jan 12, 2016 Angel Waggoner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's what I like about this series: the mystery of who done it and why, the comedy. Here's what I don't like: Carlotta is quick to assume Cooper is drinking, just by the way he looks while always giving her brother the benefit of the doubt even after he admits to taking drugs and gambling again. A little two faced for my taste, and the cliff hanger endings suck.
Becky
Oct 24, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
Ahh! I cannot stop reading this series- so addictive! The last two endings have made me angrily throw down the book.... and then immediately pick up the next one. I wish Carlotta would stop making this so difficult! He's right there!!!!! Ugh. And don't get me started on Wesley!! If the two of them don't stop making these mistakes.... who am I kidding, I'll keep reading them!
Lizpeveto
Jul 30, 2013 Lizpeveto rated it liked it
This is the fourth book in a series of six. Background: Carlotta and Wesley Wren were abandoned by their mother and father, when he was indicated for embezzlement and fraud. From riches to ruin, Carlotta struggles to raise her younger brother, foregoing college to keep a minimum wage job. Her current job as a sales assistant at Neiman's provides a meager income while she sells designer clothing to all her old high school pals. Wesley has a part time job picking up bodies for a local funeral home ...more
Katherine Myers
Apr 07, 2015 Katherine Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They keep getting better

I can't seem to stop reading this series. They really do get better and better. I didn't like Carlotta in the first book, but she is growing into a good detective and finally a woman who can stand up to anyone and anything. I love Stephanie Bond's writing. Give me more please!
Morgan Dungan
Jul 20, 2014 Morgan Dungan rated it liked it
Although I am enjoying this series as a whole this has been my least favorite book and that May simple be because I am partial to Coop and it doesn't answer any questions that are brought up about him. I am already Reading the fifth book simply because Stephanie Bond loves a cliffhanger!
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • Alibi in High Heels (High Heels, #4)
  • Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)
  • A Date You Can't Refuse
  • Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #3)
  • High Anxiety (Crazy, #3)
USA TODAY bestselling author Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no f
More about Stephanie Bond...

Body Movers (7 books)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • 7 Brides for 7 Bodies (Body Movers, #7)

“I want to sleep in your bed."

Her thighs tingled. "You must really like my mattress."

He grinned. I never heard it called that, but yeah.”
4 likes